The frustrating thing about BlackBerry 10 phones for me is the lack of marketing. I see Windows/Nokia, Samsung, Apple and Moto ads on TV but rarely do I see anything for BlackBerry. In fact I have not seen a BlackBerry ad in over a month. The only ad I saw was in Business Week.

With a 5" phablet that should appeal to consumers more so than the Q10 or even a Z10, will BlackBerry ramp up some marketing for the important holiday season? It sometimes seems like BlackBerry doesn't try very hard where marketing is concerned and I just don't get why?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:31 AM
    I doubt it. I don't think the Z30 will sell very well. It doesn't have any "wow" features and is only modestly spec'd when compared to other top-of-the-line phones. I do hope they start marketing more aggressively, and I share your frustration with their past lack of marketing, but I don't see anything changing much with this phone.
    09-19-13 08:38 AM
    I doubt it. I don't think the Z30 will sell very well. It doesn't have any "wow" features and is only modestly spec'd when compared to other top-of-the-line phones. I do hope they start marketing more aggressively, and I share your frustration with their past lack of marketing, but I don't see anything changing much with this phone.
    I hope you are wrong but BlackBerry and marketing are not two terms people generally associate with each other.

I do think showing the BB10 features (hub, HDMI, multitasking) and the battery life of the Z30 could move some units though. BlackBerry needs to show why BlackBerry 10 is different. Surprise us Waterloo!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:53 AM
    whats a Z30?

Seriously nobody is aware of that phone except people like us who are browsing BB websites regularly...and for whatever reason people from Malaysia. Haven't seen anything about it in the news around here.
    09-19-13 08:56 AM
    Blackberry can only blame themselves when they go under. I think Canada is still a fair sized market for them as well as "Home Turf" A new phone comes out for the company (Z30) and what do we get here...nothing....crickets. Really Blackberry? Thorsten can't do a press conference to announce the phone? WTF.
    09-19-13 09:00 AM
    Will BlackBerry market the Z30 properly?
    No.
    09-19-13 09:02 AM
    I hope you are wrong but BlackBerry and marketing are not two terms people generally associate with each other.

I do think showing the BB10 features (hub, HDMI, multitasking) and the battery life of the Z30 could move some units though. BlackBerry needs to show why BlackBerry 10 is different. Surprise us Waterloo!

Posted via CB10
    yes, they need good commercials that show BB features, wireless charging is something they should talk about, it's new, it's cool! But hey, I don't think they will surprise us
    09-19-13 09:04 AM
    yes, they need good commercials that show BB features, wireless charging is something they should talk about, it's new, it's cool! But hey, I don't think they will surprise us
    I don't know why the don't spend some cash and blitz the airwaves with some "meet the Z30" kind of ads on the major networks. Show people what it is!

Samsung has done a great job. The wives on my street all show my their Samsung features they originally saw in TV no doubt. .

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:30 AM
    @ Title:

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:41 PM
    I don't know why the don't spend some cash and blitz the airwaves with some "meet the Z30" kind of ads on the major networks. Show people what it is!

Samsung has done a great job. The wives on my street all show my their Samsung features they originally saw in TV no doubt. .

Posted via CB10
    MARKETING RULES: That is how they even know Samsung has a phone.
    09-19-13 08:05 PM
    Nope.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-19-13 08:07 PM
    How can it sell without marketing?
    If they market it, they'll sell Z30s.
    If not, they won't.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:37 PM
    So they just had to write off the Z10, the 9 month old former flagship device. You remember that one. Long lines and sell outs. Best launch in BB history. The Q10 apparently didn't sell much better. The overpriced Q5, which was launched for emerging economies (including Canada and the US) and is now not selling well anywhere. And why will the Zed30 sell? Because it has a bigger screen?

No. BlackBerry will not market the Z30 properly. They don't know how.

Keep Losing. A horrible day for the employees (and shareholders).
    09-20-13 09:40 PM
    I doubt they market the Z30 much, except to their core user-base, in the hopes of keeping current Blackberry users on the platform.
    09-20-13 09:59 PM