I notice that Motorola has reduced the price of the Moto X from $569 to $399, off contract:

Moto X is Now $399 Off-Contract All Day, Every Day Going Forward | Droid Life

Is something similar in the cards for Z30?

It seems to me that it is likely.

I want a Z30. I was tempted to pay full boat, $560, a couple weeks ago. Now, I want to wait for a "sale."
    01-04-14 09:50 PM
    I paid $700.

Posted via CB10
    LonelyTylenoL likes this.
    01-04-14 09:55 PM
    If my Z10 wasn't working flawlessly I'd have one already. I'm in the same boat..I want one but don't want to fork out $675 with taxes for a new one just yet. I'm sure it will happen soon though..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:02 PM
    When it gets old enough Yes
    01-04-14 10:10 PM
    Obviously as technology becomes out dated the price will decrease.. Just a matter of when

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:11 PM
    Obviously as technology becomes out dated the price will decrease.. Just a matter of when
    On hand inventory and current/projected sales rates might be more salient variables than rate of technology degradation in this case. Also, cashflow requirements.
    01-04-14 10:20 PM
    I think it is early days for the Z30. Maybe in a couple of months/towards year end?

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 11:18 PM
    I am keeping an eye out for a price drop. I was at a Verizon store yesterday (getting SIM for.a new Z10 I purchased on Amazon for the wife ) the Tech was rocking a new Z30 and loved it, said it was in the top 5 sellers at Verizon. Went into Costco where I purchased my son's Z10 and asked if they would be getting the Z30 and the guy said he didn't think they would and said it was unfortunate as he is hearing good things about it.

So it looks like there is demand which will keep the price up, I'll likely use the last upgrade I have been holding on to get the Z30 for $200 and keep my Q10 as a backup device
    01-05-14 09:08 AM
    I believe that the mobile is rightly priced as of now unlike how it was for earlier devices. But yes when a new mobile gets launched or the when the tech gets old, it will drop.

Via The Monster Z30
    01-05-14 09:15 AM
    Wait! You were at a Verizon store and a Costco. And they said good things about it?

Well that's a switch....

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:24 AM
    Yep, I think BB10 is finally getting noticed.

I actually showed the Verizon rep the android apps I had on my Q10 and some of the new features like picture password,, he was all excited and was going to go on Crackberry when he got home to side load the latest leak

Q10 on Verizon running 10.2.1.1259
    01-05-14 11:56 AM
    I think the Z30 was priced �50 too high here in the UK. It's too close to the Galaxy to tempt people, considering the negativity around the brand, and considering the app situation at present. A price just under �500, something like �475 would have made sense. I still don't see the wisdom in hopeful pricing only to have to write the stuff off later.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 12:15 PM
    $550 at Verizon. That's a great price off contract. One of the cheapest 4g phones to buy with no contract so you can save your unlimited data if you have it.

Posted via CB10
    LonelyTylenoL likes this.
    01-05-14 12:35 PM
    I bought my Z30 during boxing week for $49.99 on a 24 month contract at MTS here in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It`s back up to 159.99 now on the same plan and over $600.00 off contract.

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/wirel...blackberry+z30
    01-05-14 12:45 PM
    I notice that Motorola has reduced the price of the Moto X from $569 to $399, off contract:

Moto X is Now $399 Off-Contract All Day, Every Day Going Forward | Droid Life

Is something similar in the cards for Z30?

It seems to me that it is likely.

I want a Z30. I was tempted to pay full boat, $560, a couple weeks ago. Now, I want to wait for a "sale."
    I wouldn't place the motox in the same high end class as the Z30. The Z30 is far superior in every single way including the hardware and OS. Though I too would love to see the Z30 drop in price to at least $499. And from what I've been seeing both online and in carrier stores within Canada, its been selling well. Despite the lack of marketing and advertising.
    01-05-14 04:04 PM
    Though I too would love to see the Z30 drop in price to at least $499. And from what I've been seeing both online and in carrier stores within Canada, its been selling well. Despite the lack of marketing and advertising.
    That is good news.

I am glad to know that the Z30 is selling well in Canada.

I wonder how well the Z30 is selling in the U.S., the biggest target market?

If it is selling great in the True North, then it is more likely to be selling great in America. I have looked for, without success yet, reporting about actual sales of the Z30 model.
    01-06-14 09:31 AM
    I am keeping an eye out for a price drop. I was at a Verizon store yesterday (getting SIM for.a new Z10 I purchased on Amazon for the wife ) the Tech was rocking a new Z30 and loved it, said it was in the top 5 sellers at Verizon. Went into Costco where I purchased my son's Z10 and asked if they would be getting the Z30 and the guy said he didn't think they would and said it was unfortunate as he is hearing good things about it.

So it looks like there is demand which will keep the price up, I'll likely use the last upgrade I have been holding on to get the Z30 for $200 and keep my Q10 as a backup device
    I know this won't make people here happy but it isn't a top 5 seller for Verizon. I have yet to talk to a store that stocks it, they just order it for customers upon request. They don't do that for phones selling well, and certainly not a "top 5 selling" handset. Also I have yet to see a single z30 in the wild in the us on any carrier. The tech was full of crap, or this story is fabricated.
    01-06-14 09:42 AM
    I wish it was true but here in the states I don't think it's very accurate.

I went to 3 different stores and one Verizon reseller in my area yesterday and basically was laughed out of them for even asking if they had any cases. Truly I don't know that I was all that interested in actually buying a case I was just at the mall and thought it would be interesting to see how BlackBerry is doing. I'm not saying BlackBerry will have massive gains in market share over night but it was a little sad to hear one of the reps say to me that "he doesn't even know why they're still trying" this kind of attitude, I feel, is one of the big reasons why BlackBerry struggling with the bb10 line. The rep who said this had no ideas of the functions basically, no idea about android runtime, and no idea of the basic operations of this device. So he automatically calls it garbage, I can only imagine how FEW customers he shows the device to as an option. I can also only imagine how many he steers away from said devices.

I belive BlackBerry will gain market share back, it won't happen overnight though, and it won't happen until they educate the public better on bb10 and it's capabilities

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:39 AM
    I know this won't make people here happy but it isn't a top 5 seller for Verizon. I have yet to talk to a store that stocks it, they just order it for customers upon request. They don't do that for phones selling well, and certainly not a "top 5 selling" handset. Also I have yet to see a single z30 in the wild in the us on any carrier. The tech was full of crap, or this story is fabricated.
    The tech is in a big Verizon store in Eden Prairie MN, and the Costco is about 1/2 mile away. I didn't ask if they had stock but they had the Q10, Z10 and Z30 on display and the tech was using his Z30 so the story is not fabricated, I can't vouch for the techs credibility / comment about being in the top 5 but maybe it is in his store if he is promoting it, either way he has one and I got to play with it without been tethered with a security cable. So based on my hands on with the Z30 and 6 mts using the Q10 (+leaks) I just ordered a Z30 on-line from Verizon $149 ($50 discount because I told the rep ... live chat... that Amazon had them for $100 on 2yr contract renewal, but didn't mention that Amazon have stocked out).

Next time I am in Costco I'll let the rep there play with it while I shop ....... help spread the word.

PS. Z30 should arrive in 2 days, I'll change my signature and add it. I see myself using both for a while.
    01-06-14 11:32 AM
    I just spent something like 400 quid for my Z30 just before Xmas and have been watching the price since then.

So far it's holding in the UK at unlockedmobiles.com which actually say that they are now out of stock....

However, I hope they make it cheaper soon because that is what we need.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:59 PM
    I just spent something like 400 quid for my Z30 just before Xmas and have been watching the price since then.

So far it's holding in the UK at unlockedmobiles.com which actually say that they are now out of stock....

However, I hope they make it cheaper soon because that is what we need.

Posted via CB10
    The HUB is the sh!t. People should know about it.
    Last edited by sparrow300; 01-06-14 at 09:14 PM. Reason: editing a swear word
    01-06-14 09:13 PM
    It`s like we`re all 5 here that we can`t say that. Wow.
    01-06-14 09:17 PM
    The price of Z30 is already dropped to almost 15% from its initial introductory price...

Probably not as fast as Z10, but it will eventually drop off... the second hand Z30 is already 30 to 40% off depending on the condition of the device...

I have been this so-called "early bird" consumer... from PlayBook to Z10... and I've learned lesson already from BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 11:39 PM
    I see much value and motivation for BB to liquidate the Z30 inventory. As quickly as possible. Probably before the end of the current quarter (Q4).

$350 plus tax, plus reasonable shipping, with a warranty is a buy for me.

Times are tough. Money's tight.
    01-07-14 08:36 AM
    I see much value and motivation for BB to liquidate the Z30 inventory. As quickly as possible. Probably before the end of the current quarter (Q4).

$350 plus tax, plus reasonable shipping, with a warranty is a buy for me.

Times are tough. Money's tight.
    Wow I would buy at 350 in a heartbeat. That's a nexus type price.

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    01-07-14 10:17 AM
29 12