09-17-13 09:45 AM
78 1234
tools
    i doubt that BB has the money to release any new devices or to release an update to the OS.

It seems that at this point the game is to try and preserve what cash there is while they auction off the pieces.
    lol to burn through 3.1 billion in 3 months? as if that happened, they have the money its just will they spend that money or keep it to a sale look better
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-05-13 09:21 PM
    I'm sad after reading all of this...

I think I must be the only one who would like to see it come to market (given a couple hw upgrades while we're dreaming). I think id like it more than my Z10 honestly. The Z10 is great, but my fat thumbs wouldn't mind a little extra room when texting at the sametime.
    09-05-13 11:43 PM
    I'm sad after reading all of this...

I think I must be the only one who would like to see it come to market (given a couple hw upgrades while we're dreaming). I think id like it more than my Z10 honestly. The Z10 is great, but my fat thumbs wouldn't mind a little extra room when texting at the sametime.
    You're not the only one

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 12:06 AM
    I'd love to have a z30 but I am very doubtful it will be released. I would be extremely disappointed and saddened if this was true but I honestly would not be surprised if the bold 9720 is the last BlackBerry device to make it to market, ever.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:27 AM
    Maybe if BlackBerry did some last minute hardware upgrades and adjusted the software accordingly?
    This may help sell America on the new BB10's?

Or....

Maybe the software is so efficient it doesn't need a Quad-Core Processor?

Maybe its just that awesome the way it is??

I hope for the latter.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:52 AM
    Maybe if BlackBerry did some last minute hardware upgrades and adjusted the software accordingly?
    This may help sell America on the new BB10's?

Or....

Maybe the software is so efficient it doesn't need a Quad-Core Processor?

Maybe its just that awesome the way it is??

I hope for the latter.

Posted via CB10
    Since you posted via cb10 I assume that you have a z or q in which case you know the software is so efficient that it doesn't need a quad core cpu

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:58 AM
    I'd love to have a z30 but I am very doubtful it will be released. I would be extremely disappointed and saddened if this was true but I honestly would not be surprised if the bold 9720 is the last BlackBerry device to make it to market, ever.

Posted via CB10
    It's already manufactured and it will be released. Z30 will be dropping in a few weeks.
    09-06-13 03:00 AM
    lol to burn through 3.1 billion in 3 months? as if that happened, they have the money its just will they spend that money or keep it to a sale look better
    The 3.1 billion was partly as a result of an increase on the amount they owed to creditors.

Having said that if they have blown a massive hole in it in the past 3 months then the z30 won't happen and BB would be dead in a matter of months.

Not sure how a company doing very little other than software finetuning and making a slightly larger rehash of an existing phone could burn huge amounts of cash, unless they have millions of unsold handsets in stock? (I've still only seen one os10 device in the wild in the UK and none of my clients or friends has one).

The September earnings report is going to be interesting and depressing in equal measures.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    kevinnugent and xiaohuaxing like this.
    09-06-13 03:05 AM
    Sunk cost.

It still needs to be manufactured and marketed. It would be foolish to throw good money after bad, with the very real possibility that they won't make back the money.

If released, I predict this will be overtake the Playbook in the ranks of DOA releases.
    DOA? I bet you are dead wrong. Would like to bet?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 10:02 AM
    People keep comparing BB to Palm. There is no comparison. HP bought Palm to get into the market and then they panicked at the slow uptake in sales and kiilled it. They wasted 1.2 billion. HP is run by stupid people. Whoever buys BB will not be that stupid. BB has a lot going for it. It needs a white knight. Maybe Softbank (sprint) can buy it. It would be peanuts for them. BB needs good marketing. My Z10 is awsome. It is far better than an Iphone.
    09-07-13 10:08 AM
    Did BB announce selling by Nov date? no one knows if this is accurate... they are working BBM platforms,and this is HUGE.. it's not an easy thing to develop.. if they are ready to sell overnight.. they wouldn't be working on 10.2,Jam events,and carrier updates... This is MEDIA... I won't believe anything unless I see BB issuing a press release like the strategic alternatives.. if they cancelled Z30.. what would happen to 10.2? will they run it on z10s only? just doesn't make sense..
    09-07-13 10:20 AM
    The 3.1 billion was partly as a result of an increase on the amount they owed to creditors.

Having said that if they have blown a massive hole in it in the past 3 months then the z30 won't happen and BB would be dead in a matter of months.

Not sure how a company doing very little other than software finetuning and making a slightly larger rehash of an existing phone could burn huge amounts of cash, unless they have millions of unsold handsets in stock? (I've still only seen one os10 device in the wild in the UK and none of my clients or friends has one).

The September earnings report is going to be interesting and depressing in equal measures.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    lol creditors, blackberry is a company with very little debt, 3.1 billion to creditors is not happeningeven a billion is not happening. the onyl cash burn they really have is for development marketing and operations cost, in 3 months they are not goign to burn through that much cash
    09-07-13 11:04 AM
    Only if someone buys them prior to the release and the buyer wants it to be stopped.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:29 AM
    No, it will be released. IMO.

Posted via my sexy z10 (~_*)
    richardat and go1ndr like this.
    09-08-13 09:32 AM
    The chance of the Z30 selling well are slim to none... and slim left town.
    richardat likes this.
    09-08-13 03:46 PM
    It is true that the likelihood of gang-buster sales are nonexistent at this point but you have to ask with a pending sale of the company in the next few months why would the company be pushing out their new device? Wouldn't it be better to wait and see what the new owner wants to do with the hardware division? Something is going on at BlackBerry that we don't know about.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:17 PM
    Could end up like HP TouchPad and after that BlackBerry got sold in pieces.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:35 AM
    Could end up like HP TouchPad and after that BlackBerry got sold in pieces.

Posted via CB10
    If the company is broken up and sold they it is true there will not be any new hardware and the current hardware will no longer be receiving updates but the products will still work.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:19 AM
    I heard they'll produce just enough for CB members to buy before they gonna fold.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-09-13 02:29 AM
    Haha so much stupid negativity around here for nothing. Some people really believe what they are posting here? As long BlackBerry has cash (and they currently do have lots of cash) they will release new products, services and try to find something that works...

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    09-09-13 02:35 AM
    why will it? it could be the last product under the Blackberry brand.
    09-09-13 02:55 AM
    Sunk cost.

It still needs to be manufactured and marketed. It would be foolish to throw good money after bad, with the very real possibility that they won't make back the money.

If released, I predict this will be overtake the Playbook in the ranks of DOA releases.
    Quite true, but I think that if they do not get sold, it will be released - or at least plans to release it will be kept in place. Simply because, there is little else to do.

That's what most employees are in place to do, that's what the primary business has been. They could shut down the company completely. Close up shop. Fire most of the workforce, go to the drawing board and work furiously, to develop a new business model - but this is of course nothing less than the end of BB (as we know it). Leave legacy units in place to manage bb7, and services, but I don't think they would do anything so bold. It would be interesting to see shareholder reaction - whether they have a conniption or whether they realize that was indeed about the only thing that could be done. It would be a crazy circus either way and probably cause such an uproar that the company would implode anyways.
    09-09-13 03:00 AM
    Z30 will be sold. Development needs to get paid, and will continue.
    The most expensive part is done

Posted via CB10
    I agree, likely most the expensive part is done. The problem is they will not sell very well and BB will have to lower the price below what it cost them to make them. It is sad.

Orders for the Z30 would have been placed by the carriers many months ago. The question is have they cancelled their orders. A recent visit to the largest AT&T store in my city, I found only one BB10 device on display, way in the back of the store. It was a Q10 with a dead battery. I asked the salesperson what was going on and they said it had been broken for a couple of weeks. They had no Z10 but she said they could order one if you wanted it.

Just how many Z30 units do you think AT&T is going to buy.
    09-09-13 06:33 AM
    Haha so much stupid negativity around here for nothing. Some people really believe what they are posting here? As long BlackBerry has cash (and they currently do have lots of cash) they will release new products, services and try to find something that works...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you have heard the rumor but Blackberry is trying desperately to sell itself. They have been trying to sell for over a year. Having money has nothing to do with it. It is what they do with that money that matters. If I were trying to sell I woul;d put a hold on things till the new owner took over. We will see updates, new products and services come to a stand still I would think.
    09-09-13 06:36 AM
    We will see updates, new products and services come to a stand still I would think.
    I would bet that we will see the first z30 ship as planned and it will be within a month as end of Sept or start of Oct was always the likely date for it.
    09-09-13 07:47 AM
78 1234