I would bet that we will see the first z30 ship as planned and it will be within a month as end of Sept or start of Oct was always the likely date for it.
    That may likely be the case. We know that the Z30 will ship with OS 10.2 and once they finish with getting out the update to the other devices then what? Its been kinda quite with the leaks coming from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:16 AM
    After thinking some more..I think the Z30 could be released on schedule.
    If you look at the announcement and rumours..what can we piece together?
    BlackBerry is looking as strategic alternatives including the sale of some/all of the company.
    They have lots of cash on hand.
    Generally you expect a 1+ year turnaround period from a major revamp, so this strategic alternatives discussion has been part of the BB10 plan since the before BB10 was even released. Sure more sales would be have been better, but I think they were always looking ahead to a broader vision...
    What can the do to strengthen their position..to push forward with their plan?
    Break up and sell parts of the company?
    No one seems to want just the hardware division..most potential buyers would have their own already, so maybe it's just a platform to "market" BB10 rather than an end-game.
    They built BB10 because their software division was dying and to create value they needed something modern, otherwise their software division would be worth nothing.
    QNX could be sold off..but BB10 = QNX
    BBM seems to be being prep'd to go it alone..but also seems like a marketing platform the for BB10 OS.

So I think the likely scenario (if they split)..is that BB10 will continue with QNX..but in what capacity? Since BB10 has Android baked in, it might make sense for a current Android phone supplier to buy it for the BB10 "mobile computing" platform where the buyer of BB10 would use it as the "secure" integration platform to cars and other devices..and leaving the Android runtime isolated in a sandbox for the consumer Apps people desire so much.
    As HTML5 gains traction (if it does)..the apps become less dependent upon the Android runtime and eventually the BB10 OS could run everything, giving a good long term exit plan from Android (if it makes sense to do it).
    09-09-13 09:38 AM
    I'm stuck with blackberry due to my company. I love the BlackBerry os and rather buy the z30 than be stuck with my z10 in case BlackBerry doesn't make any other phones. Got more screen and mirror cast etc.. . (and probably retire my playbook). The z30 Will be a cool collectors item in the end u guess. ( cause no way in he'll will my company give out z30, they give z10s though) .

Z10 Rocking 10.2
    09-09-13 09:57 AM
    I might get it...if it indeed comes out, so that I may have the (possibly) last hurrah of the company. I'm a new BlackBerry user and came over to the z10 (undoubtedly the best smartphone ever built) and I hate to see how unpopular they are. If only there wasn't this uncertainty, maybe outlook wouldn't be so bad...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:30 PM
    I don't mean to sound redundant, but is the release October or November?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:50 AM
    I don't mean to sound redundant, but is the release October or November?

Posted via CB10
    No one really knows at this point. My best guess for all of the leaks and posts is that the roll out will start later this month likely in the UK and Canada and then move to other countries from there.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-10-13 05:12 AM
    It will probably come out in dubai at the beginning. They need to do something to get the people back into their flagship BlackBerry store over here.

Z10 Rocking 10.2
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-10-13 06:22 AM
    I TRY to be positive about the brand, but the Z30 going to tank. I think it MAY be the nail in BBRY's coffin. As with the Z10 (which I have and wouldn't trade for anything - including a Z30), it's too little too late. If the Z30 was out before the GS4 and sat beside the GS4 and could catch the consumers eye, I'd say go for it. Now, the BB10 devices are leaving the carriers brick and mortar stores, probably to make room for the Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 6. Even if the Z30 is sitting on display in a store, people are going to quickly gravitate towards the iPhone 6 because it has 1 more pixel than the iPhone 5 and has Steve Jobs fingernail clippings built into every limited edition device. Then they'll gravitate towards the Note 3 and think they need a 16 core 200 ghz cpu and a 70 inch 4800p HD resolution to be cool and run facebook and touchwiz (which on second thought, maybe you do need that much to run touchwiz - every GS4 I've used ran like diarrhea, unless rooted).

If I'm running the company, I cease R&D on the Aristo line, hopefully before they enter production and the parts are purchased, and try to save what I can with what I have.
    LOL Post of the day.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:16 PM
    I have good reason to believe that it will be launching very soon. Within this month in some countries. Besides the cpu, the Z30 has the edge over iphone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:07 PM
    Besides the cpu, the Z30 has the edge over iphone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    Apple must be quaking
    09-10-13 03:10 PM
    Apple must be quaking
    I wouldn't go as far as to say quaking. But have you seen the specs for the iphone 5s?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:14 PM
    Z30 will come out. End of story. The only thing I worry about is if the US carriers will choose not to carry it because of the preponderance of negativity.
    09-10-13 03:22 PM
    Apple must be quaking
    I wouldn't go as far as to say quaking. But have you seen the specs for the iphone 5s?
    Apple had to make their announcement now before the Z30 steals their thunder.
    09-10-13 04:16 PM
    If/when they release the Z30 I will buy. I love my Z10 and BB10. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-10-13 04:18 PM
    Apple had to make their announcement now before the Z30 steals their thunder.
    Yeah, I bet Tim Cook and company couldn't sleep well every night worrying when Z30 will come out and totally wipe iPhone off the map.
    09-10-13 06:45 PM
    If BlackBerry would simply put a commission spiff on the sale of BB10 products to the carrier reps in the stores, like Apple and Android does, the phones would fly off the shelves! But they don't and never have. An AT&T rep told me that he makes so much more selling iPhones that he won't even show or offer BB if he isn't directly asked for it, and then if he is asked, he tries to lead the customer away to iPhone or an Android OS phone.
    IMO, the one thing that keeps all of us here is the love of the tech side of BB. The reason we all (or a majority of us) wait patiently for leaks to come out, is because BB unlike other phones, is really a computer that just happens to have the phone ability, and with leaks we feel like we're exploring the unknown in cyberspace. We can essentially "root" our phones when others can't. We can do things that other brands don't allow and when we do it right, we can show others what Blackberry is all about.

Security is the best there is or ever will be and with the licensing of BBM to Android and Apple, it only cements them as a staple in the industry. They invented the smartphone and still have 80 million users world wide. That is a lot of BB fans that rely on them for support and service and they won't walk away from that income. They aren't going anywhere but if by chance they are bought down the road-I envy the lucky buyer. Getting your hands on QNX alone is going to be eventually worth billions! Heck, it runs everything from washing machines to jet planes and somewhere in between-BB10 OS's! I'm not going anywhere, period! Yep, I guess I am a fanboy. And, a positive one at that! Just sick of the negativity all the time.
    09-10-13 07:31 PM
    I have to think that the majority of the negative sentiment on this thread is coming from the US. BB still is big in Canada (though not the powerhouse it was) and is quite popular outside of the US. Is it enough to keep it going long term? Time will tell, but it is far from pulling the plug short term. Even if it were looking for a buyer, it has more value as a going concern. If it puts the brakes on, it's value evaporates quickly.
    09-10-13 08:12 PM
    If BB is still around with the Z30 is released I'll buy it. However, I'm far from optimistic the phone part of the business will still be around then. I'm assuming it's business as usual right now.

If they spin off BBM that will be very good news for us. Right now, if BBID goes away, our phones stop working. If they spin off BBM, that unit is very likely to take BBID with it. That will allow our phones to continue working. Even if they start to charge a bit for the service, I'm willing to pay for it to keep my BB working.
    My phone dealer told me today they will receive Z30 in October. So start saving money for it

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:10 PM
    If BlackBerry would simply put a commission spiff on the sale of BB10 products to the carrier reps in the stores, like Apple and Android does, the phones would fly off the shelves! But they don't and never have. An AT&T rep told me that he makes so much more selling iPhones that he won't even show or offer BB if he isn't directly asked for it, and then if he is asked, he tries to lead the customer away to iPhone or an Android OS phone.
    IMO, the one thing that keeps all of us here is the love of the tech side of BB. The reason we all (or a majority of us) wait patiently for leaks to come out, is because BB unlike other phones, is really a computer that just happens to have the phone ability, and with leaks we feel like we're exploring the unknown in cyberspace. We can essentially "root" our phones when others can't. We can do things that other brands don't allow and when we do it right, we can show others what Blackberry is all about.

Security is the best there is or ever will be and with the licensing of BBM to Android and Apple, it only cements them as a staple in the industry. They invented the smartphone and still have 80 million users world wide. That is a lot of BB fans that rely on them for support and service and they won't walk away from that income. They aren't going anywhere but if by chance they are bought down the road-I envy the lucky buyer. Getting your hands on QNX alone is going to be eventually worth billions! Heck, it runs everything from washing machines to jet planes and somewhere in between-BB10 OS's! I'm not going anywhere, period! Yep, I guess I am a fanboy. And, a positive one at that! Just sick of the negativity all the time.
    Being a loyal fan is one thing. Being a deluded teller of less than truth is another.

Do you really seriously mean for anyone to believe that the BB alone is a "computer" unlike the iPhone or Samsung?

You are trying to make the case that the iPhone with 64 bit architecture and more power than my desktop is not a computer? Really? You think it's just a child's toy?

Sad.
    09-10-13 10:39 PM
    Z30 will come out. End of story. The only thing I worry about is if the US carriers will choose not to carry it because of the preponderance of negativity.
    It will not come out in the USA unless the carriers choose to carry it. The AT&T stores where I live don't even carry the Z10 anymore and the only Q10 they have on display has been broken for weeks. I can't see them flooding their stores with the Z30
    09-11-13 09:11 AM
    Well they released the playbook 4G not too long ago...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:21 AM
    Being a loyal fan is one thing. Being a deluded teller of less than truth is another.

Do you really seriously mean for anyone to believe that the BB alone is a "computer" unlike the iPhone or Samsung?

You are trying to make the case that the iPhone with 64 bit architecture and more power than my desktop is not a computer? Really? You think it's just a child's toy?

Sad.
    "A duluded teller of truths" -wow-never been called that before-I actually kind of like it Think I'll add it to my signature.
    Do I think iPhone is a child's toy? Absolutely not! I think it's a cell phone. BTW, I also think you're on the wrong forum. CB offers an "iPhone Forum" - you should go there where everyone is an "iPhone fan". You don't see BlackBerry fans over there bashing Apple products. Hope your day gets better and when you can afford it, get a bigger computer so you are at least equal with the 64 bit iphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:25 AM
    I have to think that the majority of the negative sentiment on this thread is coming from the US. BB still is big in Canada (though not the powerhouse it was) and is quite popular outside of the US. Is it enough to keep it going long term? Time will tell, but it is far from pulling the plug short term. Even if it were looking for a buyer, it has more value as a going concern. If it puts the brakes on, it's value evaporates quickly.
    I think you're likely right about that. Here most of the people use there cell phones as toys so they can play games, watch YouTube, or gossip about just stupid c*ap. And looking around about 80% of all the phones I see are either iphone or galaxy devices, the rest are a mix of motrorla, LG, and the rare BlackBerry. Really the only time I see more than one other person with a BlackBerry is during political conventions and platform meetings, and those are only every other year.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:06 AM
    In addition to my post on this Thread that the Z30 WILL be sold:
    My best friend and colleague is a BB Consultant in our firm and was able to get hands on the Z30 and the Porsche Design. Unfortunately he was not allowed to take pictures of it.
    Also another friend at T-Mo Germany has told me that the official release for Germany will be in calendar week 45 this year. He was able to prove it with internal/business partner documents showing a blackberry "Astro" (not Aristo, don't know if typo or what).

And regarding the "has to be manufactured" the unofficial statements from the man-in-blackberry sounds like there are no signs they change their plans.

Of course, all these are rumors (I trust my friend, but I didn't see it myself). Just wanted to point out, that your "we will all die tomorrow" rumors are not better in any way. The positive ones on the Z30 seem at least more conclusive.
    09-12-13 03:35 AM
    In addition to my post on this Thread that the Z30 WILL be sold:
    My best friend and colleague is a BB Consultant in our firm and was able to get hands on the Z30 and the Porsche Design. Unfortunately he was not allowed to take pictures of it.
    Also another friend at T-Mo Germany has told me that the official release for Germany will be in calendar week 45 this year. He was able to prove it with internal/business partner documents showing a blackberry "Astro" (not Aristo, don't know if typo or what).

And regarding the "has to be manufactured" the unofficial statements from the man-in-blackberry sounds like there are no signs they change their plans.

Of course, all these are rumors (I trust my friend, but I didn't see it myself). Just wanted to point out, that your "we will all die tomorrow" rumors are not better in any way. The positive ones on the Z30 seem at least more conclusive.
    I know everyone hates the webOS comparisons, but posts like these (and threads like these) were rampant before the semi/non-release of the Pre 3 in 2011. It's conceivable that the Z30 could be released in certain countries, but not in others, depending on what direction BBRY itself takes with its own overall future in the upcoming weeks.
    09-12-13 02:37 PM
78 1234