With all the negative sentiment..and uncertainty about the immediate future..
    Z30 Sales will likely be very low (even if it's a strong device).

Will or should BB decide they'd lose too much $ by releasing the Z30 before the dust settles about the Strategic Review/Sale?
    09-05-13 12:34 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB. Why would the sales be low for this new device? Can't we think positively and believe it will be the device everyone has been waiting for?
    09-05-13 12:37 PM
    highly doubtful. But i guess we just dont know
    09-05-13 12:37 PM
    I TRY to be positive about the brand, but the Z30 going to tank. I think it MAY be the nail in BBRY's coffin. As with the Z10 (which I have and wouldn't trade for anything - including a Z30), it's too little too late. If the Z30 was out before the GS4 and sat beside the GS4 and could catch the consumers eye, I'd say go for it. Now, the BB10 devices are leaving the carriers brick and mortar stores, probably to make room for the Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 6. Even if the Z30 is sitting on display in a store, people are going to quickly gravitate towards the iPhone 6 because it has 1 more pixel than the iPhone 5 and has Steve Jobs fingernail clippings built into every limited edition device. Then they'll gravitate towards the Note 3 and think they need a 16 core 200 ghz cpu and a 70 inch 4800p HD resolution to be cool and run facebook and touchwiz (which on second thought, maybe you do need that much to run touchwiz - every GS4 I've used ran like diarrhea, unless rooted).

If I'm running the company, I cease R&D on the Aristo line, hopefully before they enter production and the parts are purchased, and try to save what I can with what I have.
    AnimalPak200 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    09-05-13 12:45 PM
    I just believe that after the latest announcements...strategic review, sale by November, etc.
    There is so much doubt in the air right now..people are resisting buying a Blackberry phone.
    It could be the best phone on the planet but if people think it won't be supported in 6 months (true or not) why would you invest the $$?
    I've exclusively owned BBs for 10+ years and have a few more months left in my contract..but if I was in the renewal position right now..I'm not sure which direction I'd go....a month ago it would have definitly been Z10 or Z30..but now I'm just not sure...and I'm a big supporter..what about every other potential customer?
    09-05-13 12:45 PM
    If BB is still around with the Z30 is released I'll buy it. However, I'm far from optimistic the phone part of the business will still be around then. I'm assuming it's business as usual right now.

If they spin off BBM that will be very good news for us. Right now, if BBID goes away, our phones stop working. If they spin off BBM, that unit is very likely to take BBID with it. That will allow our phones to continue working. Even if they start to charge a bit for the service, I'm willing to pay for it to keep my BB working.
    09-05-13 12:54 PM
    Honestly, I see ZERO place for the Z30 in the marketplace.
    09-05-13 01:27 PM
    Honestly, I see ZERO place for the Z30 in the marketplace.
    Eh... although, they could probably just make enough Z30s to match the number of active Crackberry members and call it a day.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:42 PM
    Z30 will be sold. Development needs to get paid, and will continue.
    The most expensive part is done

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:50 PM
    So three million devices and they would have enough for a year.... yeah... that's pretty much what they planned on producing in the first place

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:50 PM
    I think Z30 will be bought only by bb fans because we love all about BlackBerry but an android or iOs really can buy with that negativity in the press..

I will definitely buy one

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 device
    09-05-13 02:42 PM
    I can see why you would draw the assumption that Z30 sales may be low. One doesn't know that for certainty unless the actual release.

At this point I think they should still release the Z30. Clearing they've already invested in the device to get it to the point where it is now. In my opinion I would release it. You never know what the future holds for the Z30.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-05-13 02:47 PM
    i doubt that BB has the money to release any new devices or to release an update to the OS.

It seems that at this point the game is to try and preserve what cash there is while they auction off the pieces.
    09-05-13 05:43 PM
    Even though the 'tough' development phase might be nearly complete. What gives me doubts are the reports of decreasing (or halted) component orders. You would expect the ramp up in Z30 component orders to at least begin to partially offset the decreased Z10/Q10/5 orders.

But who knows...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:06 PM
    Even though the 'tough' development phase might be nearly complete. What gives me doubts are the reports of decreasing (or halted) component orders. You would expect the ramp up in Z30 component orders to at least begin to partially offset the decreased Z10/Q10/5 orders.

But who knows...

Posted via CB10
    Descrease in component orders on current device specs

Specs have to go up, every company decreases component orders on older devices

Posted via CB10
    idecsy, xiaohuaxing and go1ndr like this.
    09-05-13 06:16 PM
    Descrease in component orders on current device specs

Specs have to go up, every company decreases component orders on older devices

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying the 'analysts' doing the checks are limiting their research to only current device components, rather than looking for future guidance by also digging into any orders by BlackBerry?

Then again, they could be spinning the story by choosing to only mention current device component orders, which, as you stated... should be expected to ramp down.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:10 PM
    Is it possible they pull an HP/webOS and release it for a short period of time, and soon after discontinuing it like the Touchpad, or release it in a few select countries for a few days like the Pre3?
    09-05-13 07:15 PM
    The Z10 will come.
    09-05-13 07:16 PM
    So you're saying the 'analysts' doing the checks are limiting their research to only current device components, rather than looking for future guidance by also digging into any orders by BlackBerry?

Then again, they could be spinning the story by choosing to only mention current device component orders, which, as you stated... should be expected to ramp down.

Posted via CB10
    When have these analysts ever looked into the future to project? They look at the current and the past. They're firm believers in history dictates the future, which is just junk
    AnimalPak200 and wincyUt like this.
    09-05-13 07:17 PM
    Has the Z30 even been formally announced?
    09-05-13 07:18 PM
    Z30 will be sold. Development needs to get paid, and will continue.
    The most expensive part is done
    Sunk cost.

It still needs to be manufactured and marketed. It would be foolish to throw good money after bad, with the very real possibility that they won't make back the money.

If released, I predict this will be overtake the Playbook in the ranks of DOA releases.
    richardat likes this.
    09-05-13 07:22 PM
    Assuming a collapse in device sales has spurred the rapid auction to sell the company, it only makes business sense that all new projects and devices have been stopped. I doubt the A30 or Z30 will ever see the light of day. Sadly, BB released a flawed OS before it was ready and now enterprise and consumer users have rejected the OS and new devices. There still seems to be a demand for OS7 devices like the new 9900. A privatized and downsized Blackberry could be profitable in the enterprise space, along with software sales for MDM and security. Perhaps someday Blackberry will re emerge if it isn't bought and broken up, or absorbed by a larger company like Microsoft.......
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-05-13 07:25 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:39 PM
    There is a good chance that there will be another inventory write down on the Z10 and Q10. BlackBerry may have come to believe that it should just sell itself, save the cash on Z30 manufacture, and let the new owner figure out what to do.

I think there is a good chance that Z30 never sees the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:50 PM
    There is a good chance that there will be another inventory write down on the Z10 and Q10. BlackBerry may have come to believe that it should just sell itself, save the cash on Z30 manufacture, and let the new owner figure out what to do.

I think there is a good chance that Z30 never sees the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the new owner slaps on a 1080p screen, and a quad core and ships it out...

Wishful thinking... lol

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:18 PM
78 123 ...