I'm having issues connected my pc to my Z30 for wifi storage access.

The pc is part of a domain network in the office and there is no wireless on the pc as is with all pc's in the office. Wireless has been turned off on our gateway. There is only a wireless access point which is used for certain people in the office including me. I connect the z30 through this access point and have wifi connectivity. I can ping the z30 ip address and receive healthy responses, but when i try to access the files on z30 I get error messages. I have tried through the command prompt, through an ms explorer window in the address bar and also tried mapping a network drive to z30. My pc cannot connect to the z30.

I'm wondering if my pc has to be on the same wifi network also to be able to connect to the z30, right now its hardwired for internet and network. Running XP pro.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-08-13 02:05 PM
    I think you have to be connected to same network.
    12-08-13 02:14 PM
    I'm assuming wifi network and not domain network.
    The z30 would show up under workgroup which my pc is not a part of.

If it's wifi network, I'm almost positive that I was able to access playbook files over wifi from my pc. My pc was wired connection not wifi. I will have to try it again as soon as I'm done restoring the playbook.

But the fact that I can ping the z30 and receive healthy responses not mean that I should be able to access it?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 02:23 PM
    If you've installed BlackBerry Link on the PC & have enabled remote access to the machine, it shouldn't matter if the laptop is on a different domain.

Check the settings in BlackBerry Link, as well as the sharing settings on the device.

I'm able to access files on both my home PC & hard wired work laptop because both have remote access configured in BlackBerry Link.

I don't think it works when I'm on my work VPN, however.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-08-13 02:39 PM
    If you've installed BlackBerry Link on the PC & have enabled remote access to the machine, it shouldn't matter if the laptop is on a different domain.

Check the settings in BlackBerry Link, as well as the sharing settings on the device.

I'm able to access files on both my home PC & hard wired work laptop because both have remote access configured in BlackBerry Link.

I don't think it works when I'm on my work VPN, however.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    Makes sense I'll give that a shot. Just didn't think I had to have remote access enabled in link for storage access of z30 over wifi. Only if I wanted to access the shared folders on comp remotely from the z30 then have remote access enabled.
    12-08-13 03:10 PM
    So I tried connecting again with no luck. Wifi sharing with my playbook works no problem under the same scenario I described in first post. Comp hardwired and playbook on wifi but on the same network, no problem accessing the playbook. I try the same with the z30 and no luck. Run a network scan and I can see the z30 there.

Any one have any ideas?
    12-09-13 04:13 PM
    Is "Access using Wi-Fi" on in Storage and Access settings?
    12-09-13 04:58 PM
    Is "Access using Wi-Fi" on in Storage and Access settings?
    Ya triple checked that and setup a password.
    Really weird. Can ping the z30 just like playbook but only get wifi access with playbook.

Seeing that I can access the playbook over wifi I should be able to access z30. They basically use the same access over wifi protocols.
    12-09-13 06:17 PM