My home network SSID is FAMME.

As you can see, when I click on wifi it tells me my device is connected to my home network.

In the home screen however, I don't see the wifi connected symbol in the top right corner, instead I see 4GLTE.

How do I know if I'm actually connected to my network or if I'm getting a "false positive"? My Router is a D-Link DIR615.

This issue just started tonight. I've tried un plugging the router and modem and doing hard resets of those devices and my handheld.

FYI my wife's Q10 is having same issue. She didn't take the recent OS update but instead is on 10.2 while I'm in Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175 on Telus in Ontario.

I don't want to be eating up data if I'm in fact not connected.

When I go into advanced settings I again get information indicating I'm connected including channel name, mac address profile name SSID, Channel etc, all indicating I'm connected to the Internet but WITHOUT the Internet or WIFI icon on the home screen.

I've tried my two laptops and they are both connected to my network and working fine. My son's iPhone show's he is connected and his wifi icon is being displayed.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Any insight would be appreciated.

WIFI issue - connected or not?-img_20140604_011127.png
    WIFI issue - connected or not?-img_20140604_011034.png

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-04-14 12:22 AM
    06-04-14 12:26 AM
    Thank you for the reply.

Interesting that wifi can be controlled or handled independently of the device or network. Never knew that was possible. In fact scratching my head over how many people are reporting same issue whether or not they took the update. I always thought wifi was tied to the network and router. NOT anything on BlackBerry servers. That's spooky when one actually steps back and thinks about it.

p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-04-14 12:34 AM
    Yeah I'm just noticing it tonight too. Restarted deleted a couple android apps and nothing. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:40 AM
    Yeah I'm just noticing it tonight too. Restarted deleted a couple android apps and nothing. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Posted via CB10
    I turn cellular network radio off and I get the wifi bars icon.

My concern now is if I'm actually connected when the radio is on if my wifi status page shows I'm connected but the phone says otherwise on the home screen.

Really BlackBerry??? I read the long post and if this is a bug related to BlackBerry It may be the straw that breaks the camel's back with my loyalty to the brand. Unacceptable!

p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-04-14 12:44 AM
    Same is happening to me though all my data is someone affected tho

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    06-04-14 12:47 AM
    Mine does the same, I did a couple tests using a speedtest app and I am definitely using my cellular connection and not the wifi.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:50 AM
    seems it is an issue with our wifi. hopefully it will be solved soon. All BB10 are affected, nothing's wrong with your wifi connection.
    06-04-14 12:57 AM
    Mine does the same, I did a couple tests using a speedtest app and I am definitely using my cellular connection and not the wifi.

Posted via CB10
    This sucks. I'm by no means a techie but why in the world would wifi be dependent on something outside of the network? (really perplexed)

06-04-14 12:57 AM
    Thank gosh... same issues in Russia too

Posted via CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-04-14 01:06 AM
    Thank you for the reply.

Interesting that wifi can be controlled or handled independently of the device or network. Never knew that was possible. In fact scratching my head over how many people are reporting same issue whether or not they took the update. I always thought wifi was tied to the network and router. NOT anything on BlackBerry servers. That's spooky when one actually steps back and thinks about it.

I know what you mean. Its really weird how this can happen when we didnt get an update or something from BlackBerry!
    Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens and how is this going to be explained!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:08 AM
    I having the Same problem. As of today June 3 2014 in USA with VZW.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:30 AM
    I am only having a similar problem with my Q10 which is using a sim card. No problem at all with my Z30 that I use as a back up (since I am with the "Enemy", that is, AT&T) and use it only through my WiFi. But my troubles with the Q10 are constant, I mean it constantly disconnects from my AT&T WiFi and connects to my own network. I am also bugged with the "double-typing" I am tempted to transfer the sim card to the Z30, no matter how much more do I prefer to type with the Q10
    06-04-14 02:44 AM
    To clarify, blackberry did not update or change anything on your phone. What happens is when you connect to wifi, to confirm Internet connection, OS tries to connect to blackberry.com (you don't want phone to switch to wifi if there is no Internet, e.g. when connecting to hotspot, non-working wifi etc). This means when Blackberry.com goes down phone thinks wifi is not up and keeps using Mobile data (if you turn off mobile data, it has no where to go but wifi, so it will switch to wifi and you will notice it is working fine for all websites except blackberry.com). Today there was issue with blackberry.com being down, it is back up now and wifi will be used now.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast, bruce73, drfever and 4 others like this.
    06-04-14 03:03 AM
    It is server calibration issues from Blackberry. happened this before also.
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-04-14 03:29 AM
    Everything is back to normal now.
    I had the same issue this morning and I confirm it is all good now.
    06-04-14 03:52 AM
    To clarify, blackberry did not update or change anything on your phone. What happens is when you connect to wifi, to confirm Internet connection, OS tries to connect to blackberry.com (you don't want phone to switch to wifi if there is no Internet, e.g. when connecting to hotspot, non-working wifi etc). This means when Blackberry.com goes down phone thinks wifi is not up and keeps using Mobile data (if you turn off mobile data, it has no where to go but wifi, so it will switch to wifi and you will notice it is working fine for all websites except blackberry.com). Today there was issue with blackberry.com being down, it is back up now and wifi will be used now.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the clarification

06-04-14 05:53 AM
    Everything is back to normal now.
    I had the same issue this morning and I confirm it is all good now.
    Same here. Just going up to notice all 3 blackberries in the house are wifi connected and cellular network connected at the same time.

06-04-14 05:55 AM
    All is well
    06-04-14 06:30 AM
    I had this issue today. THe Z30 won't connect to Home or Work wifi unless mobile data is switched off. As soon as mobiledata is toggled back on, wifi disconnects even though the Settings say it's connected. I ended using a static IP address to connect to work wifi and all is fine now, will test at home later and hopefully it'll work fine. Weird issue
    06-04-14 10:16 AM
    Had the same problem and resolved it by assigning a static IP to my berry. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:46 AM
    Update to my earlier post - when I got home, Wifi connected to my home router with no problems. Didn't need to assign a static IP. Not sure now where the fault lies as it definitely wouldn't connect this morning. Has something changed at BlackBerry's end or has my phone worked miracles and fixed itself ?! ;-)
    Fingers crossed it doesn't play up in the morning and I'll see what happens when I get to work.....

Posted with my Z30
    06-04-14 03:23 PM
    Had the same problem and resolved it by assigning a static IP to my berry. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    That's how I solved it too, but I had to assign it on the phone end. My router was always assigning a static IP to my Z30.
    06-04-14 03:51 PM
    Its not just BB. My wifes Note 3 is doing it also.
    06-04-14 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! This makes sense as I was trying to follow up this problem to a kb on BlackBerry and it couldn't load.

However, this is a less than spectacular way to check wifi. Wish this check could be disabled. I know when wifi doesn't have Internet when my Web pages don't load, thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:44 AM
26 12