Currently have a Z30 on the VZW network just came from a Z10 both running the leaked 10.2.1 heres my issue, the wifi says its connected however it is not working such as web browsing, bbm etc while just trying to browse on the wifi network. I did my basic router reset and etc. But I am kinda thinking that it could be my BB's. And i dont think it is the 10.2.1 leaks because when i took my Z30 out of the box still running the VZW OS it still wouldnt connect. Any suggestions?
    11-16-13 12:05 PM
    The onboard diagnostics may help troubleshoot.

In Settings select Network Connections, WiFi. Look to see you are connected but don't click anything unless you need to make a new connection. Pick Advanced from the options at the bottom of screen, then tap on Diagnostic Information to get the dropdown for different info types. I suggest you check there is a valid IP address for your Wifi network, and then try to PING your router. If that works (you get a response with reply timing) try a DNS lookup on an outside server name (CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) should work) and try PING against the numeric IP address.
    11-16-13 01:09 PM
    Are you getting the WiFi icon and the BlackBerry icon on the top right of your screen after you connect to your WiFi?

Another think you can check is go into Settings. Click Networks and Connections. Click Mobile Network and ensure Data Services is ON.

Besides that, I would suggest you go to a friend's and try to connect to their WiFi and see if it connects or not.
    11-16-13 01:10 PM
    Are you getting the WiFi icon and the BlackBerry icon on the top right of your screen after you connect to your WiFi?

Another think you can check is go into Settings. Click Networks and Connections. Click Mobile Network and ensure Data Services is ON.

Besides that, I would suggest you go to a friend's and try to connect to their WiFi and see if it connects or not.
    Yes my network connections are on however no wifi symbol on top once my wifi is connected. Going to try a friends wifi in a lil bit
    11-16-13 01:28 PM
    Had wifi problems as well, losing connection all the time, on a diversity of routers. I am now running the 10.2.1.1055 leak and problem seems to be gone...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 01:34 PM
    Had wifi problems as well, losing connection all the time, on a diversity of routers. I am now running the 10.2.1.1055 leak and problem seems to be gone...

Posted via CB10
    I'm already on the leak an the problem still persists

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 01:39 PM
    The onboard diagnostics may help troubleshoot.

In Settings select Network Connections, WiFi. Look to see you are connected but don't click anything unless you need to make a new connection. Pick Advanced from the options at the bottom of screen, then tap on Diagnostic Information to get the dropdown for different info types. I suggest you check there is a valid IP address for your Wifi network, and then try to PING your router. If that works (you get a response with reply timing) try a DNS lookup on an outside server name (CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) should work) and try PING against the numeric IP address.
    I tried the ping and the dns and they were both unsuccessful.

I have 3 bb10 device....Device A wifi works no problem, Device B and C will not connect to wifi. I Even restored device B and C with device A data and settings hoping that would help and still no luck.
    11-16-13 02:20 PM
    No ping, no data. Time to go back to basics.

As I understand your original report you can see the phone as connected when you look in your router, and in the phone's WiFi connections, but the phone is unable to get data. You need to be our remote eyes here and help us guess where to look. My feeling is that this will turn out to be be something simple like a bad password for the WiFi or a naming conflict. Not getting PING or DNS lookup seems to point at not having passed WPA authentication. Just a wild guess, check you didn't accidentally disable all data in an attempt to force it to use WiFi rather than cellular.

Check that you have valid *unique* names for all your devices. To make it easy while you test, turn off WiFi on all your other devices, and while you're doing this make a note of the device name and IP address. These should all be different, but if you have been cloning settings you might have duplicated a name... Disconnect the problem device from WiFi and DELETE the wifi profile in the phone, then turn on again, search the available wifi and reconnect, making sure you get the WPA password correct (remember it is case sensitive and a long touch will give upper case on a BB keyboard).

If this doesn't work try disabling the WPA security on your router, and test again (remember to put the password back when the tests are done). If you can't connect on open wifi something is very wrong and I would be heading for the local Starbucks or similar to test against another router.
    11-17-13 04:00 AM
    Thanks for all your help..found the problem was entering the number zero instead of the letter "O". Funny thing was the phone never said I entered the wrong password it was saying I was connected

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:19 PM
    i've been having the same issue with my Z10 since i changed my router i have wifi signal but drops out bis and won't connect to the interweb

works at my GFs place not at home, wondering if my new router needs something adjusted to make it work but all other devices including my dads Q10 work fine
    11-17-13 05:32 PM