Hello,

I was playing around with my router and the settings to try and optimize the speed of transfers through wireless, and I ended up testing the same download test on both my Z10 and Z30. Surprisingly, the Z30 was downloading at a much quicker speed than the Z10.

See the video I made. Notice that I obviously made sure I was on the same network and router (duh). You can see that at the beginning of the video.

How do you explain this? Is the wireless chipset a different one for the Z30?
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-04-13 07:48 PM
    Z30 is supposed to have improved reception and signal qualities.
    12-04-13 07:58 PM
    Z30 is supposed to have improved reception and signal qualities.
    Good point! I had noted that the Z30 cell reception was much better, especially in places where my z10 would not get any signal. Having said that, I was not expecting the same with the wi-fi signal. Are all component using the same antenna? I supposed there are other variable that may explain this as well but still...

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:03 PM
    Not sure what it's called. I think it is a Paratek antenna or something. But I definitely noticed a speed increase in data consumption. Also the browser itself. Navigation and such was also snappier.

BB10 or Bust!
    12-04-13 11:12 PM
    The reason fro this is the Z10 faster processor!
    12-04-13 11:54 PM
    The reason fro this is the Z10 faster processor!
    You meant the Z30's faster processor, right?
    12-05-13 12:23 AM
    Not sure what it's called. I think it is a Paratek antenna or something. But I definitely noticed a speed increase in data consumption. Also the browser itself. Navigation and such was also snappier.

BB10 or Bust!
    Yes, Paratek was what they called it.
    Unsure whether BBRY came up with that name or if a vendor of theirs did.
    12-05-13 12:24 AM
    Yes, Paratek was what they called it.
    Unsure whether BBRY came up with that name or if a vendor of theirs did.
    The company they bought for this technology was called Paratek.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-05-13 12:28 AM
    Mabey one day BlackBerry will advertise the Z30? I've seen stranger things happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:29 AM
    Aside from a slight speed difference, the biggest difference I've noticed is that the Z30 has an insanely long range for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, plus amazing reception.

I had full bars or maybe one less in my work parkade all week. On my Z10 I used to usually have no signal at all.

When I go out to walk the dog, sometimes I stay just barely connected to Wi-Fi for so long that I have to turn off Wi-Fi instead of just waiting for network data to kick in.

Last week I was at home on phone with a client, when my wife came driving back home. How I found out she was driving home was that my phone went dead as it connected with our car's Bluetooth from halfway down the block. (Luckily I figured it out quickly!)
    jfguay2 likes this.
    12-05-13 12:31 AM
    Mabey one day BlackBerry will advertise the Z30? I've seen stranger things happen.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed!

I was so happy when I asked a worker at Future Shop if they had any other cases than the Adreama 2-pack of jelly cases for Z30.
    Her reply was: "No." Then she added: "You're probably the only person that bought one."

When I actually bought it the prior week at Best Buy (it was the only one they had), the worker there and her trainee were both flabbergasted when I showed them how the keyboard worked with flick typing and swipe to delete. They thought it was amazing.
    They commented that it was too bad that Samsung sent around reps to train them but nobody came in from BBRY, as they had no idea of the cool features. Good thing they've got their magic van sitting on a downtown street mid-afternoon in the fall though.
    12-05-13 12:35 AM
    The Z10 also uses a crappy TI wifi chip. This is why it doesn't get miracast or wifi direct. Poor driver support. Same sort of inherited wifi issues as playbook too.

Z30 is probably a qualcomm chip. This plus Paratek antenna plus faster CPU equals better connection speed and increased range.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:02 AM
    Aside from a slight speed difference, the biggest difference I've noticed is that the Z30 has an insanely long range for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, plus amazing reception.
    I've been worrying about the wifi range on my Z30, it's actually not as good as my Z10. I even done an OTA update to 10.2.0.1803 and it's still not as good. Though I don't think that the os makes a difference in this kinda case?

Elite1 are you on an official os or 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:21 PM
    I've been worrying about the wifi range on my Z30, it's actually not as good as my Z10. I even done an OTA update to 10.2.0.1803 and it's still not as good. Though I don't think that the os makes a difference in this kinda case?

Elite1 are you on an official os or 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    I'm on an official os and I can say that for sure the wife range is much improved on my Z30 over Z10. Not that I ever had a serious problem with the Z10s

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:19 PM