Every day I do a search for 'News about BlackBerry.' Today I found this;
    BlackBerry's powerful Z30 to hit Caribbean by Christmas
    When I saw and read this, my question was. After all Verizon is supposed to offer the Z30 Nov. 14th, why are we not seeing that coverage in the US?

BlackBerry's powerful Z30 to hit Caribbean by Christmas - Latest News - JamaicaObserver.com

"Kenneth Moore, BlackBerry’s territory sales manager for the Caribbean, is expecting the Z30 to raise BB’s profile in the region as it targets both the corporate customer as well as persons he called ‘professional users’ who always want to stay connected."

"Local carriers, said Moore, are very excited about the Z30 coming to the market at this time, and hinted that there are more BlackBerry models to hit the market in the new year. “It is important that we have a strong brand identity; the BlackBerry is still the best tool to stay connected,” according to Moore. And despite the beating that BlackBerry gets from the American press at times, Moore said the launch of the Z30 has shown that the company continues to be innovative and is hers to stay. “We have loyal customers in Jamaica and we will continue to invest in the country,” he said."

I wonder who BlackBerry’s territory sales manager for the US is?
    Last edited by robhenry24; 11-11-13 at 04:23 PM.
    moody likes this.
    11-11-13 01:29 PM
    BB themselves barely even announced the product. Its not out in the states yet either. It might come to VZW on the 14th but has that been officially confirmed and are phones being shipped to those that have preordered yet?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-11-13 01:36 PM
    BB themselves barely even announced the product. Its not out in the states yet either. It might come to VZW on the 14th but has that been officially confirmed and are phones being shipped to those that have preordered yet?
    I was hopeful that BlackBerry� would have it out before the Holidays to help there sales..!

At least folks who are going to be in the Caribbeans for the Holidays can pick up a Z30.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-11-13 01:54 PM
    Just thinking here, when Rogers here in Canada announced they were not carrying the Z30, the social media channels got bombarded with people complaining, which lead to reverse on the decision.

Why don't Crackberry users also do the same for US carriers? Demanding the Z30 and also the 10.2 update for Z10 and Q10s. After a couple of days, I'm sure the media will pick up on it. No?

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-11-13 10:06 PM
    Quote:> " Just thinking here, when Rogers here in Canada announced they were not carrying the Z30, the social media channels got bombarded with people complaining, which lead to reverse on the decision.

Why don't Crackberry users also do the same for US carriers? Demanding the Z30 and also the 10.2 update for Z10 and Q10s. After a couple of days, I'm sure the media will pick up on it. No?"<

What a great idea, I was just thinking along these lines; I thought if we would get a petition on CB going, but no, people are served by to many different carriers, I think you idea is great...! use the social media channels, Bigger things have gotten started via the social media channels.
    11-11-13 10:25 PM
    Quote:> " Just thinking here, when Rogers here in Canada announced they were not carrying the Z30, the social media channels got bombarded with people complaining, which lead to reverse on the decision.

Why don't Crackberry users also do the same for US carriers? Demanding the Z30 and also the 10.2 update for Z10 and Q10s. After a couple of days, I'm sure the media will pick up on it. No?"<

What a great idea, I was just thinking along these lines; I thought if we would get a petition on CB going, but no, people are served by to many different carriers, I think you idea is great...! use the social media channels, Bigger things have gotten started via the social media channels.
    I'm all for helping out, but where is 7million dollar Frank Balbin? Does the BB CMO still have a pulse? Or is he hiding under his desk?
    pgg101 likes this.
    11-11-13 11:01 PM
    ...Why don't Crackberry users also do the same for US carriers? Demanding the Z30 and also the 10.2 update for Z10 and Q10s. After a couple of days, I'm sure the media will pick up on it...
    OK. I'll ask the other BlackBerry user here in the states to Tweet the carriers. I'm pretty sure they will feel the pressure if both of us demand they sell the Z30. Oh but I deleted my Twitter account. I guess it's up to him then.
    Last edited by jrohland; 11-12-13 at 06:03 AM.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    11-12-13 05:44 AM
    OK. I ask the other BlackBerry user here in the states to Tweet the carriers. I'm pretty sure they will feel the pressure if both of us demand they sell the Z30. Oh but I deleted my Twitter account. I guess it's up to him then.
    Just tossing out an idea here for my American friends. I'm in Canada, so we already have 10.2, and I already have a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:00 AM
    Just tossing out an idea here for my American friends. I'm in Canada, so we already have 10.2, and I already have a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, yours is a good idea.
    Now that it's coming to the Caribbean,s the US should be next.
    That is getting close. I have a post about this.
    11-12-13 08:27 AM
    I feel like the only reason it worked with Rogers was the fact Rogers is supposed to be a "proud supporter" of BlackBerry, even helping with the BB10 launch. And THAT'S what people were calling them out for. So I'm not saying don't try with the complaints to the carriers, I'm just saying that your desired outcome may not be what you want.
    11-12-13 08:51 AM
    It's back to the ole maybe the US doesn't care about the BBRY brand anymore? Everyone seems pumped but them. Look how the carriers dragged their feet with both the Z10 and Q10... How many months did you guys have to wait after Canada had theirs released.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    11-12-13 09:29 AM
    Plain and simple. It's because the USA is owned and partial to apple.

Now on Z30
    croman likes this.
    11-12-13 09:50 AM
    US Carriers don't care about BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to do a better job of marketing and then selling phones directly from their website unlocked and try to cater to a niche underground market in the US. Almost like a guerrilla war against Apple and Samsung they need to play up their strengths, security and privacy. They won't be a huge commercial success anymore but they just need to change their image somehow.
    11-12-13 10:17 AM

Now on Z30
    It's because the Z30 is as irrelevant as other BB10 devices. Not in the "owned" USA, but globally.
    Don't blame any government, people or company besides BlackBerry. They did this to themselves.
    11-12-13 10:19 AM
    I feel like the only reason it worked with Rogers was the fact Rogers is supposed to be a "proud supporter" of BlackBerry, even helping with the BB10 launch. And THAT'S what people were calling them out for. So I'm not saying don't try with the complaints to the carriers, I'm just saying that your desired outcome may not be what you want.
    Proud supporter yet every Rogers store that I walked into STILL doesn't have the Z30 in stock. But they give you the option of ordering it and they will contact you when it arrives,... and no, they don't give a timeline on how long delivery is.
    Proud Supporter my a$$...
    11-12-13 10:27 AM

Now on Z30
    I may be going out on a limb here but to give an honest evaluation to an issue one must look at all issues. I have a friend in the Netherlands who is an amazing software developer; knowing him has helped me move light years ahead in computing.

I use several different browsers because I have leaned that different sites can at time behave differentially with different browsers. I have run into this with CrackBerry in using Fire Fox and Opera, I get different navigation buttons on the forum.

Also I was having trouble with accessing my at&t site and again it was the browser. I spoke to my friend about this and these are some of his comments.

>" ( Sorry for my rambling, but browser incompatibily has been a huge problem for many years now. And that's only because we have international standards, and one company that tries to force it's own standards on all of us. It makes me mad. Do you have any idea, how much time is wasted by professional web-site developers, just because of this issue? )"<<<

>>"BTW, all this is mainly an US issue. Here in Europe almost every site works correctly in every browser. But of course, M$ is an US company, Mozilla is not, Opera is not... and we're all patriots in the US. A good citizen uses US products..."<<

So maby some of this is BlackBerrys trouble; This is my reason to include the above text is to make a point.

Like I say to understand a problem one has to look under many rocks.
    11-12-13 08:04 PM
    Every day I do a search for 'News about BlackBerry.' Today I found this;
    BlackBerry's powerful Z30 to hit Caribbean by Christmas
    When I saw and read this, my question was. After all Verizon is supposed to offer the Z30 Nov. 14th, why are we not seeing that coverage in the US?

BlackBerry's powerful Z30 to hit Caribbean by Christmas - Latest News - JamaicaObserver.com

"Kenneth Moore, BlackBerry’s territory sales manager for the Caribbean, is expecting the Z30 to raise BB’s profile in the region as it targets both the corporate customer as well as persons he called ‘professional users’ who always want to stay connected."

"Local carriers, said Moore, are very excited about the Z30 coming to the market at this time, and hinted that there are more BlackBerry models to hit the market in the new year. “It is important that we have a strong brand identity; the BlackBerry is still the best tool to stay connected,” according to Moore. And despite the beating that BlackBerry gets from the American press at times, Moore said the launch of the Z30 has shown that the company continues to be innovative and is hers to stay. “We have loyal customers in Jamaica and we will continue to invest in the country,” he said."

I wonder who BlackBerry’s territory sales manager for the US is?
    Maybe because they have read the memo that Blackberry market share is crumbling and since there is zero demand they planned to have zero supply
    Android and Windows Phone make huge third quarter gains as BlackBerry crumbles, IDC reports | The Verge
    11-12-13 08:09 PM
    Yep... clearly. You nailed it That's why Samsung devices do so poorly in the States.
    11-12-13 08:11 PM
    US Carriers don't care about BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to do a better job of marketing and then selling phones directly from their website unlocked and try to cater to a niche underground market in the US. Almost like a guerrilla war against Apple and Samsung they need to play up their strengths, security and privacy. They won't be a huge commercial success anymore but they just need to change their image somehow.
    Dude do you understand that Blackberry cannot compete with Apple and Samsung? look at the sales numbers for start then look at the marketing budget of either companies
    11-12-13 08:18 PM
    To the OP: answers given to your question are statements that can be refuted rebutted and even ridiculed. There are many good answers, in my opinion, because I think there are many missing links in the chain not just one weak link. But, each answer provided to your original question is one that can be refuted too.
    11-12-13 10:20 PM
    Commercial success.
    Obtaining commercial success.
    Selling a lot, and doing so profitably.
    This is the subject.

BlackBerry cannot be lucky, because it is too visible and a threat.

In some large countries, you need to be powerful or lucky before you can expect to achieve a large sales volume. The US is one of these countries, where you must be powerful (or lucky) before you can be successful.

To be powerful you have to be smart and sharp, first of all, along with being well-financed, and along with being able to execute well. Smart sharp swift and savvy.

The US is a difficult market, for many Canadians.

Canadians OFTEN feel confident about succeeding in the US, and this can be unrealistic over-confidence and a source of failure. BlackBerry has made this mistake. Failure from overconfidence.

Above, some have posted generalizations about the US. All these generalizations about the US are true, to a great extent, but they don't excuse BlackBerry from the charge that BlackBerry wasn't being swift sharp and savvy, in the past 18 - 24 months in terms of US marketing. This problem might go way up high in the chain to Heins and to the board. Including Watsa.

Slowness isn't the other guy's fault. Not even when it's a discussion about marketing.

My opinions. Tks for reading.

:-+)
    Last edited by Davidro1; 11-13-13 at 10:47 PM.
    11-13-13 08:05 AM
    To the OP: answers given to your question are statements that can be refuted rebutted and even ridiculed. There are many good answers, in my opinion, because I think there are many missing links in the chain not just one weak link. But, each answer provided to your original question is one that can be refuted too.
    I appreciate your two posts, thank you; I understand and agree...!
    This is complex.
    11-13-13 08:32 AM
    Crackberry is Buzzing with news on the Z30 and the US has just one carrier saleing it, shame...!
    alternator77 likes this.
    11-20-13 11:49 AM
    When you get not one but multiple articles on american carriers possibly owing apple billions due to contractual obligations related to iphone sales and commitments you can no longer pretend its just a matter of guessing.

As far as android doing well samsung is the leader because they SPEND ON ADVERTISING probably more than everyone else combined. Not to mention their footprint in consumer goods is huge (brand recognition)

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-20-13 05:49 PM
    When you get not one but multiple articles on american carriers possibly owing apple billions due to contractual obligations related to iphone sales and commitments you can no longer pretend its just a matter of guessing.

As far as android doing well samsung is the leader because they SPEND ON ADVERTISING probably more than everyone else combined. Not to mention their footprint in consumer goods is huge (brand recognition)

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    What you say is true; my sister just bought a Samsung Smart TV and loves it.

I for one like BlackBerry Wor ld, used it last night to buy and download some music.
    11-21-13 09:04 AM
27 12