Just curious why so many people are saying, 'wish I would have got the black version'?

Is it because of the back of the phone or the bezel colour or just that you think that Blackberry's should be black and not white! Discuss please.

I wanted the white and glad that I ordered the Z30 white version. I do not have it yet and have not even seen a black or a white Z30 in person so I can not compare other than pictures on the web.
    I do own a white 9900 and a black Q10, the Q10 was not available in white when ordered or I would have got white.

I like the white colour as it stands out and shines nice. The lighted key board looks nice against the white. It does not get dirty either which most would think it would.
    Last edited by gfonger; 12-03-14 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    12-03-14 12:52 PM
    Different people have different choices, that's all.
    12-03-14 01:00 PM
    Different people have different choices, that's all.
    of course that is the obvious reason but when someone writes, I ordered the white one but should have got the black one or I don't know if I should get the white one.. etc etc etc.. and offer no explanations, it just makes me curious.
    12-03-14 01:02 PM
    I think the white back is just plastic vs the black one which is carbon weave

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:09 PM
    White one is more slippery
    12-03-14 01:11 PM
    I love the white version! Glad it's the one I have

Posted via CB10 - Z30
    gfonger and JerBru like this.
    12-03-14 01:40 PM
    I have a white z10 AND z30. Loving them.both!!

Posted via CB10
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 02:53 PM
    Of course the slightly slippery feel of the white vs. black won't matter if you put a case on it. If you carry naked, might be an issue. I find the black one's back a little slippery too, but that's because I moved up from a Z10...the black model has a rubbery back, decent non-slip texture.

We have both white and black Z30's and honestly I don't think the difference between the back cover is significant enough to be concerned with. They're both a little bit slippery.

Edit - why do I feel like I repeated myself a few times there? I must need more sleep..

Richard
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 03:02 PM
    Just got the white z30 a couple of days ago. It's my first white phone I've had...Happy to change things up a little!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z30
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 03:26 PM
    Right on, liking the comments... thanks. I have a cover for the phone already so that should take care of the slippery back. Totally get the weave vs the clear back. The weave is impressive looking on other BB's.

As I mentioned, I was really just curious as I don't find anything wrong with a White phone, excited to try mine out once it arrives.
    12-03-14 03:31 PM
    White Z10 with black back from CB and white Z30 with black back from CB. Both naked, but have the pocket pouch for each. Love the oreo look and had the all black Z30 on Verizon that I passed along to another Verizon user. For those that use cases, I don't see why the back would even matter.

The black back of the Z30 is much cooler looking than the white, but like the white front of the Z30... so combined them into one! if I had to choose either plain white or black, I'd get white (wasn't an option on Verizon). Thanks to the Black Friday sale I was able to pick up the Z30 in white. The phone looks pretty cool with the white black mix. That's just me though. Different strokes...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-14 05:31 PM
    I have a black Q10 with the weave back and a white Z30. The weave backing is more grippy and has a great feel. Perhaps I might pick up the black Z30 weave backing one day...
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 05:40 PM
    Never saw or held a white one but I can't see why I would like it any less beyond maybe a slippery back.
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 05:43 PM
    "De gustibus non disputandum est" ! In my case, I just love the look of my black and silver Z30 in the white leather folding case from Einzige. Problem is, it won't work with the Verizon phone.
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 06:30 PM
    I'd be more than happy to switch my black Z30 for a white one!! Give me a shout if you want to switch!!
    12-03-14 06:52 PM
    I have owned 2 black z30 (both verizon models) and 1 white unlocked GSM z30 purchased from shopbb. The white bezel makes the screen look much smaller and it also affects your ability to appreciate the incredibly deep, rich blacks of the oled screen...I am not sure why this is the case but the white z30s screen looks just ok. Both black z30s I have owned had amazing screens with blacks deeper than I have ever seen on any other device. The battery on the white z30 also sucks for me compared to both of the black z30s. The white z30s battery has consistently lasted for about 25% less time than either of the whites and this has held true even with an ATT sim card in the black verizon z30s. One black and the white z30 both had battery charging issues eventually and failed to charge to 100% unless you powered off the device while charging. The white z30 also just seems to stutter more often and run less smoothly than either of the black z30s, and this has held true for me at least across just about every OS.

Posted via CB10
    gfonger likes this.
    12-03-14 07:20 PM
    White Z10 with black back from CB and white Z30 with black back from CB. Both naked, but have the pocket pouch for each. Love the oreo look and had the all black Z30 on Verizon that I passed along to another Verizon user. For those that use cases, I don't see why the back would even matter.

The black back of the Z30 is much cooler looking than the white, but like the white front of the Z30... so combined them into one! if I had to choose either plain white or black, I'd get white (wasn't an option on Verizon). Thanks to the Black Friday sale I was able to pick up the Z30 in white. The phone looks pretty cool with the white black mix. That's just me though. Different strokes...

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind posting a picture or two of the white Z30 with the black back. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:26 PM
    The white Z30 is awesome!

Because White is right and black is wack.