08-23-13 07:02 PM
78 1234
tools

As you can see the Z10 did not withstand the competition, you can argue that this is a Android test, but hey 80% of our useful apps are Android ports and unfortunately we are not going to see any big changes in the near future.
    This is the dumbest comparison I have seen. It's so pointless and proves nothing. Btw 80%???? That may be your percentage but that will be different for every individual. Fact is, of all the apps I use, my number would be more like 5%. What is your definition of a useful app?

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-10-13 03:31 PM
    Here is my Android apps
    Skype, Viber, Youmail, Armenia TV, Russia Today, Kindle, A1+, Flipboard, Ubuntu Files, Dropbox, Cloudcube, FotMob soccer scores, Aging booth, Speed Test, IMDb, Shazam, Instagram, Poynt, Kayak, Opera Mini, AC Forums, Candy Crash,
    Banking apps for:
    American Express, Chase, Capital One, Discover Card.
    This is my list what about yours.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:32 PM
    My definition of useful app is that you use the app on daily or at least weekly basis.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:35 PM
    Why specs do matter-img_00000484.png
    Why specs do matter-img_00000483.png

Check out the quad-cores

And than....

Why specs do matter-img_00000482.png

Dual core 1.5

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:38 PM
    if you can run the test on your own please do there is a visual open GL test z10 gets 9 frame ps while Galaxy s3 gets 14 clear winner if you are gamer you would know what I mean
    wow, if you habitually play cell phone games, you're far from a "gamer"

I've spent more on a single video card than almost any phone costs.

lol "gamer" get the hell outta here with that
    08-10-13 04:44 PM
    Asmooh, that would seem to be caused by a software limitation in terms of scaling across 4 cores rather than 2.
    08-10-13 04:46 PM
    Yea , so basically an quad-core android phone is useless, doesn't matter that the specs are higher

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:49 PM
    For me Performance matters way more than specs.... I work with computers for a living..... my favorite example courtesy of Microsoft is that it is actually the OS performance that counts... not benchmarks as they mean nothing in real life....I harken you back to yesteryear when Micorsoft triumphantly released Windows Vista... no greater dog has ever been made... did not matter how much hardware you threw at this puppy it just went like a sloth... along comes Windows 7 on the same machine..... night and day in real life performace...... Oddly benchmarks were pretty much the same for each OS running on same specs.... As I am a steady user of all three platforms... I stick with BB 10 as my main choice for three reasons.... 1 speed of the OS hence the device...2. Security... 3. productivity...... For my use I find Android too fractured and the OS bloated..... Apple never held any allure for me but need it for work......Yes specs do matter when it comes to marketing and the majority will fall into the "bleeding edge" trap..... BB job is to convince a skeptical public otherwise.... I would rather have a Z10 over anyting else on the market... but again it all does come down to personal taste even though many make it about the devices and the specs...
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-10-13 04:52 PM
    As a few have mentioned here. Specs to the average user are about "future proofing" Ask any Playbook owner, what that means.
    08-10-13 05:13 PM
    Either way, a device launching in November of 2013 shouldn't have similar specs to the galaxy s3 that has already been replaced by a newer version. Blackberry has to step up specs; So does Apple.

When one company alone is running away with market share exeding 75% its time to put your ego back in your pocket and realize they are doing something right and you aren't. Android has shown specs matter to the consumer.
    Don't be silly.
    08-10-13 07:39 PM
    Specs serve as a differentiator between competing handsets... Not the only differentiator but one of them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    08-10-13 08:23 PM
    My user experience is perfectly fine on my Q10 and my Z10. They're so fast. They're so smooth. The whole experience is pure awesome-ness.

You mad bro? That I am having a great time with the specs in my phones as they are? Word. LoL. I am enjoying these computers a lot, they run everything perfectly, zero lag. Phones never freeze, lag, slow down, nothing like that.
    08-11-13 11:24 AM
    I'm happy for you

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:54 PM
    If you put a 4 core 4 ghz cpu in the z10, I don't see the experience changing a whole lot. With a dual core 1.5 ghz cpu in the gs4, I don't see the experience changing a whole lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:26 PM
    You are right with OS 10.1, 10.2 or even 10.3 you not going to see big difference however OS11 or 12 not gonna run on it than people will get frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:30 PM
    Future proof? We know all devices are obsolete within 6 months of being release. this applies to pc/mac and smartphones. A new model is being introduce every 12 months and this what drives the mobile business.
    So your telling me that you wanna buy a new device every single year?

Look at the Z10 for exemple. The only reason why it won't support miracast is because it has an old WiFi chipset.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:55 AM
    For what it's worth (not much at that), current hardware comes in at 15313 on AnTuTu
    08-17-13 12:28 PM
    Cuz most ppl don't understand dat different os don't run the same on specs......
    Very high specs r just for "yeah my phone has this processor this ram this camera etc etc" :P

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    08-18-13 02:47 PM
    Good specs only matter until a point.

People are brainwashed into thinking higher specs on paper means a better product experience. This is Android thinking.

Apple products tend to have mid range specs, but the software is built for it, and software developers (apps or otherwise) never build games or programs for top-end computers because it is unnecessary and would cut off the huge market of people using less-powered devices.

Decent hardware and good software are what makes a good phone.
    08-19-13 01:04 AM
    Good specs only matter until a point.

People are brainwashed into thinking higher specs on paper means a better product experience. This is Android thinking.

Apple products tend to have mid range specs, but the software is built for it, and software developers (apps or otherwise) never build games or programs for top-end computers because it is unnecessary and would cut off the huge market of people using less-powered devices.

Decent hardware and good software are what makes a good phone.
    i quite agree that specs do only matter up to a point.

however, i'd say that people MUST be brainwashed to think that charging top-dolla for midrange hardware (as with the Z10) is acceptable just because it has a "BB" badge on the back.

i have nothing against a modestly specced Z30, just so long as it comes with a suitably modest price.
    08-20-13 09:36 AM
    however, i'd say that people MUST be brainwashed to think that charging top-dolla for midrange hardware (as with the Z10) is acceptable just because it has a "BB" badge on the back.
    I think you aren't just buying into the brand, but you are paying for the right to use an official version of BB10 OS natively, in the same way the price of an Apple product is for the ability to use their operating system and get support and updates for it.

You might argue BB10 OS still isn't worth that though.
    08-20-13 11:09 PM
    High end specs do not a high end phone make. As has been said before it's a combination of things, build quality and application ecosystem.
    A case in point is LG they make high spec phones but with some of the worse reliability on the market and they will be flogging their newly released high end phone for over £500 off contract. It's interesting that it's only high end Android phones run quad core processors, no other os needs to run that spec. Why is that?
    People are complaining about resolution on the Z30 but you won't differentiate a 720p screen on a 5 inch screen if the colours are rich enough.
    Personally I think BB missed a chance not going for a finger print scanner on the rear, which would play to BB's perceived strength; security.
    08-21-13 01:26 AM
    And although lost of people are trying to argue 720p is adequate, I just read the following on Engadget:

Full HD displays? Eat your heart out, handset manufacturers. LG Display has just laid claim to the world's first Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) smartphone display, which also boasts the highest pixel density of a mobile device, clocking in at 538ppi. The firm's panel measures up at 5.5-inches and is only 1.21mm thick, and just 1.2mm at its bezel. According to LG, that makes it the world's slimmest and narrowest panel, stealing the crown from hardware it showed off last month. Thanks to its use of AH-IPS tech and Low Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS) substrate, the screen features 430 nits of brightness. If the Quad HD math is throwing you off, that's four times as many pixels as a 1,280 x 720 display. This isn't 4K on a portable display, but we'll take it.
    08-21-13 08:46 AM
    And although lost of people are trying to argue 720p is adequate, I just read the following on Engadget:

Full HD displays? Eat your heart out, handset manufacturers. LG Display has just laid claim to the world's first Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) smartphone display, which also boasts the highest pixel density of a mobile device, clocking in at 538ppi. The firm's panel measures up at 5.5-inches and is only 1.21mm thick, and just 1.2mm at its bezel. According to LG, that makes it the world's slimmest and narrowest panel, stealing the crown from hardware it showed off last month. Thanks to its use of AH-IPS tech and Low Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS) substrate, the screen features 430 nits of brightness. If the Quad HD math is throwing you off, that's four times as many pixels as a 1,280 x 720 display. This isn't 4K on a portable display, but we'll take it.
    That's ridiculous - like the MP war of the last decade. Camera OEMs finally realize that it's not MPs that matter but quality and low light.
    08-21-13 10:01 AM

Do they make any comment that you couldn't tell difference from x distance or that it eats batteries?
    08-21-13 12:52 PM
78 1234