Everybody has his/her own opinion about the specs. Some people buy their phones based on the public opinion, some based the design, brand, size and of course specs.
    So, why specs do matter for many of us? I think because it determines the user experience. Many of you will argue with me, however you need to prove your point.

Please see the attached pictures these are the �AnTuTu Benchmark� result Blackberry Z10 STL100-3 AT&T, OS 10.2.0.1047 (4.2.2 runtime from OS 10.2.0.810) VS Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T OS 4.1.1

As you can see the Z10 did not withstand the competition, you can argue that this is a Android test, but hey 80% of our useful apps are Android ports and unfortunately we are not going to see any big changes in the near future. Therefore we need a new device with the best specs in the phone market in order to withstand the harsh competition.

A10/Z30 is a looser at its origin agree or not agree that�s a fact!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Why specs do matter-galaxsy-s3-device-info.jpg   Why specs do matter-galaxsy-s3-score.jpg   Why specs do matter-z10-device-info.jpg   Why specs do matter-z10-score.jpg   Why specs do matter-z10-vs-gn2.jpg  

Why specs do matter-z10-vs-sgs4.jpg   Why specs do matter-z10-vs-sgs3.jpg  
    crajarv likes this.
    08-09-13 08:20 PM
    Disagree that the Z30 will be a flop based on the argument you are making right here

Sure specs can matter but i gave up looking at these types of benchmarks long time ago when deciding a device. Sometimes the specs dont tell the whole story and certainly benchmarks dont. Look at the HTML scores for the playbook browser and then compare the actual experience when you use the browser.
    Made in flanders and Man@Arms like this.
    08-09-13 08:24 PM
    Except your using a android runtime bench mark on the Z10 which obviously fails, because it can't even get the Z10 screen size right

Oh not to mention Sammy cheats on the bench mark game, that's been proven
    08-09-13 08:25 PM
    the screen res is correct because of the stupid bar on the bottom on the runtime i think.
    08-09-13 08:31 PM
    the screen res is correct because of the stupid bar on the bottom on the runtime i think.
    that shouldn't affect it, it never did on my GNex
    08-09-13 08:32 PM
    if you can run the test on your own please do there is a visual open GL test z10 gets 9 frame ps while Galaxy s3 gets 14 clear winner if you are gamer you would know what I mean
    08-09-13 08:32 PM
    from my nexus. It appears the same with the screen not reading correctly because of the nav bar
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-09-13 08:41 PM
    Either way, a device launching in November of 2013 shouldn't have similar specs to the galaxy s3 that has already been replaced by a newer version. Blackberry has to step up specs; So does Apple.

When one company alone is running away with market share exeding 75% its time to put your ego back in your pocket and realize they are doing something right and you aren't. Android has shown specs matter to the consumer.
    08-09-13 08:42 PM
    Thats what I am saying. We need a phone with top specs and new strong marketing, otherwise we are F***ed.
    08-09-13 08:50 PM
    if the benchmark fails so any other android port isn't it right?
    08-09-13 08:52 PM
    "A10/Z30 is a looser at its origin agree or not agree that’s a fact!!!"

Always find it funny when people misspell loser. Takes the **** out of their argument in my opinion.
    collinc93 and Reed Richards like this.
    08-09-13 08:53 PM
    LoooL English is my 3rd language, please forgive me LooooL,I can correct it if that will make you happy
    08-09-13 09:02 PM
    I appreciate your research on this issue. But please don't under estimate the power of having a quad core graphics chipset. This is a different direction for mobile devices. It literally moves them more towards desk/laptops. I was surprised when I saw this spec.

Also, Remember that it's more about user experience than specs when it comes to selling a platform. Of all platforms, Android is by far the least efficient mobile OS on the market.
    08-09-13 09:24 PM
    I think specs both matter and don't matter. Here's why.

People who believe specs don't matter are usually saying that because they believe (rightly or wrongly) that the user experience is superior regardless of the engine driving the phone. Here in lies the problem. It is extremely difficult to sell people on user experience, they do not have the opportunity in most cases to have enough time to play with it to have the UI sell itself. So instead people compare specs and again rightly or wrongly they assume faster, more ram, bigger screen, higher megapixel camera means its a better phone.

That is a big problem for BlackBerry, I also believe they have problems with this because they dare not spend all the extra money on a phone like that without knowing the likelihood of success. Samsung, LG, apple can all get prices reduced because of a huge order. Bbry can't gamble like that, and don't want to eat margin. They are in a lose lose.
    mjolnirgs likes this.
    08-09-13 09:44 PM
    BlackBerry needs to have the snapdragon 800 on the Z30 if they want it to be future proof. They could clock the speed as lowest as they want it to but they need that chipset.

It supports lots of features that could be one day be useful like Video HDR, Always listening microphone, charges faster and battery efficiency which BlackBerry really needs for standby time.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:47 PM
    If the specs doesn't matter than where is the BB10 for playbook? It is matter and we all know that. BlackBerry must take it in consideration before doing last mistake.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    08-09-13 10:11 PM
    People that own 720p TVs also say specs don't matter since most viewers sit 7 to 10 feet away and shows are broadcast in 720p. But guess what, most consumers opted for 1080p TVs 4 or 5 years ago. Now they're saying 4K is stupid. Let's revisit that comment 4 years from now and by then 8K TVs will be in the discussion. Like it or not, no matter how efficient the system gets, the specs will continue to go up and consumers insure themselves by buying the most recent spec product. This applies to refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, washers, and phones.
    08-09-13 10:20 PM
    My next phone will be bought based on specs. The key spec for me is: Does it run BB10? Most users have no clue what their phone specs are and most use a very small subset of their phones capabilities.
    08-09-13 10:27 PM
    All BB has to do is do a Nissan (ie the GTR), that car shows that specs dont matter...
    LWKING and Kris Simundson like this.
    08-09-13 10:32 PM
    Of course they matter because, you know the average consumer goes to the store and says " I want to buy that quad core CPU with 1080p screen "
    08-09-13 10:38 PM
    Everybody gets worked up because of the RUMOURED specs. These specs were supposedly leaked to BGR.
    Seriously, if you were going to leak accurate specs, would you leak them to BGR?
    Not likely.
    Remember, over the years BGR has been wrong more often than right.
    That said, what if it is dual core chip? It will have a separate quad core GPU, which is going to do most of your heavy lifting.
    Max speed with minimum battery drain. Brilliant.
    Remember, BB has been testing 5 different versions of the Z30.
    Relax. It's under control.

#BB10Believe
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-09-13 10:53 PM
    Being sarcastic doesn't help
    How you are expecting BlackBerry to compete with 13 mp camera when it losses to iPhone's and SGS3's 8 mp cameras.

Posted via CB10
    Henraay0623 likes this.
    08-09-13 10:57 PM
    Being sarcastic doesn't help
    How you are expecting BlackBerry to compete with 13 mp camera when it losses to iPhone's and SGS3's 8 mp cameras.

Posted via CB10
    Loses? Lol I get some pretty damn good pictures on my Q10 and Z10, you must be doing something wrong

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-09-13 11:02 PM
    How do you know? are you an insider? or do you test one of those "5"
    Please don't mislead the community.

Every previous leaked phone spec was right what makes you think this one is wrong?

I'm hoping that you are right and it is indeed under control. We all want BlackBerry to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:04 PM
    I love my phone I love my Z10, I get exited with every new leak, with new options. However I don't want to be a blind fun like many Isheep followers are.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:08 PM
78 123 ...