My Z30 is hanging always, i tried to reload the OS and delete all the apps.

when i receive an incoming call phone frozen for 10 seconds.

and when i make a call it takes time to load call register.

appreciate if someone could suggest any idea,
    04-12-15 11:59 PM
    What OS and what version - swipe down, main settings, About, and then use the drop down menu (upper right) to show various info about the phone.

Some folks have suggested reloading the OS fixes it. But do you have any 3rd party apps that monitor phone calls or email - either blockers or recorders?
    04-13-15 08:49 AM
    Since 10.3.1 release I too have this kind of hanging. Although it is not 10 seconds more like 3 to 6 seconds for outgoing calls, and 2 to 4 seconds for incoming.

For example before 10.3.1 release when you initiated dialing a call, the screen immediately switched to the call progress screen, showing call controls and a cancel/hang-up button. Now this happens after 3 to 6 seconds, often long enough for the other party to pickup the call. This is useless to cancel accidental dialing and give the impression the phone is struggling to work (blank screen for 3 seconds after some use action).

For incoming calls, the audio (such as music from player or web-browser) is stopped a full 2 seconds before the screen indicates there is an incoming call to pickup or any ringing occurs. If you ask me the screen should immediately switch to the call progress screen, but not allow any input from the screen for the first moments, then the pickup/hangup controls should appear indicating the phone will now accept screen input. The goal is to indicate as soon as possible the call status but allow the user to realize/react so as to top using the screen to access the application they might have been using just before (that is now not on the screen). Use of the headset or any other call handling accessories should not be delayed like this.
    04-13-15 10:34 AM
    Same thing is happening to me....

Posted from my new Z30 (when it was $249) resting happily in its Otterbox Commuter
    04-13-15 10:52 AM
    Yeah, me too...

Z30 / 10.3.1.2558
    04-13-15 10:56 AM
    While I don't use the phone excessively, yesterday was different. Friends were returning from Europe and I was the airport shuttle. So about 8 calls and I had NO delays either out or in.

Verizon Z30
    Software Release 10.3.1.1784
    OS Version 10.3.1.2582
    04-13-15 12:01 PM
    my OS version is 10.3.1.1784

if there is an incoming call, i press the green button, then phone hang for a while, its about 6 + seconds and lately call get connected.

i tried to wipe the phone and re-install.

i don't have any other apps in my phone. Only the standard apps.

Also when i open the call register i cant dial a call from the list. when i dials it again hangs.

i am getting disappointed with this hanging issues of my Z30.

How about classic and passport ? any hanging issues.
    04-14-15 07:46 AM
    Just tried on mine. 2 seconds to dial and almost instant to answer. I'm on 10.3.1.2726.
    04-14-15 07:52 AM
    I was able to fix the delay with calling and answering calls by disabling all of the screen reader settings. However, I am now having general freezing. The entire OS would freeze periodically. I also had issues withe camera. I was embarrassed that I could not take photos at a site visit. It was extremely delayed. It would flash after I put the phone down. I restarted the phone and I believe it would fix it. But it has happened a few times so far.

I am using 10.3.1.2558. I never had these issues on the leaked .1949. I may just do a backup and do a reload. It just hate doing that because it takes a couple hours to complete.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:56 AM
    Had the same issue. But came to realize that since it's an all touch screen device, my cheeks were hanging up my calls. Are you using a headset?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:22 PM
    I was able to fix the delay with calling and answering calls by disabling all of the screen reader settings. However, I am now having general freezing. The entire OS would freeze periodically. I also had issues withe camera. I was embarrassed that I could not take photos at a site visit. It was extremely delayed. It would flash after I put the phone down. I restarted the phone and I believe it would fix it. But it has happened a few times so far.

I am using 10.3.1.2558. I never had these issues on the leaked .1949. I may just do a backup and do a reload. It just hate doing that because it takes a couple hours to complete.

Posted via CB10
    Same issues with my Z30. I will try your call fix. But the freezes are getting worse.

Posted with Z30
    04-16-15 04:58 AM
    Make sure you turn the beta reader off also.
    04-16-15 06:00 AM
    Anyone know if 10.3.1.1865 released this delay in the phone app?

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    04-16-15 07:04 AM
    I narrowed my issues with the hanging and foreclosing on headless apps. I went into my device monitor and checked my running apps. I had games and my flash browser running in the background taking up over 20% of the cpu. Not sure why they were running or if they were supposed to be headless. My battery has been much better since. I will take a snapshot if I get this again.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-17-15 08:32 AM
    I bit the bullet and did a full backup then restore on my z30. Took a couple hours but testing so far shows significant improvement in call lag issues. Going to do my wife's z30 next.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:31 PM
    I see something related my keys respond slowly when I dial...

04-19-15 09:48 PM
    Can confirm after a day of work, the backup/restore made a HUGE difference. Like a new device, no more delays, various little bugs gone. Reloading my wifes device next!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:31 PM