BB releases new OS, new Z30, but no one in US can get them except by other means. Why the lack of love for US, which unless I'm wrong would be a market you'd want to cater to? I truly don't understand their roll out stratagies. Is it all because of the US carriers?

Posted via CB10
    MGO likes this.
    11-02-13 04:07 PM
    BB releases new OS, new Z30, but no one in US can get them except by other means. Why the lack of love for US, which unless I'm wrong would be a market you'd want to cater to? I truly don't understand their roll out stratagies. Is it all because of the US carriers?

Posted via CB10
    Even the incompetent Thor and friends realize the US is an important market. Either it's lack of carrier interest or Thor needing to ensure failure to cash in big.
    11-02-13 04:12 PM
    I think the US carriers are last because they don't care about selling BBs because the US represents a small share of the world market for BlackBerry.

I could be wrong but that is my perception.
    daveycrocket and JMDBERRY like this.
    11-02-13 04:13 PM
    Well the Z10 was a month behind launch in Canada and England. They keep saying US carriers need more time to test them which always seems fishy to me.

I tend to think US carriers are indeed less excited due to the low US market share. In Canada and England BlackBerry still has double digit share.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:14 PM
    You can blame the lack of US love due to the terrible marketing followed by the prejudice reviews and consumers that want to see blackberry dead all day long. Even Canada news aren't exactly giving blackberry a good outlook or trying to support them.

Posted via CB10
    huckleberry_Jer likes this.
    11-02-13 05:20 PM
    Of course it's the carriers. If they wanted to be among the first to release new BlackBerry products, they could and would.
    When has any US big business not been able to be among the first, in the world, to have consumer products available to US citizens?
    potatoguy likes this.
    11-02-13 05:21 PM
    Makes sense. It's the carriers. It's not BlackBerry showing the US no love, it's the US carriers shutting the door on BlackBerry. It's not important to them any longer. Very sad. OS10 makes for an awesome device experience that the masses will never know.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    11-02-13 05:32 PM
    Who knows about it in the us?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I dont think the US costumers are showing much love for BB. So you wont cater to someone who wants no part of you.
    11-02-13 05:39 PM
    First of all the object of any business is to make money. If a product is not selling and the consumer demand is not there how can you expect someone to want to carry a dead horse in their inventory.

The smartphone market in the USA has changed and Android and Apple are the new titans on the playing field. I remember when BB used to be in that position but failed to see the future.

I can't help but laugh when I see these comments on how the USA hates and has no love for BB and all that BS. We will buy a product if it delivers what we have asked for.

Android and Apple products have delivered and BB hasn't, plain and simple. If you want someone to blame for the lack of vision and complacently, look in the management offices in Waterloo and you will find the culprits.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    huckleberry_Jer likes this.
    11-02-13 05:53 PM
    First of all the object of any business is to make money. If a product is not selling and the consumer demand is not there how can you expect someone to want to carry a dead horse in their inventory.

The smartphone market in the USA has changed and Android and Apple are the new titans on the playing field. I remember when BB used to be in that position but failed to see the future.

I can't help but laugh when I see these comments on how the USA hates and has no love for BB and all that BS. We will buy a product if it delivers what we have asked for.

Android and Apple products have delivered and BB hasn't, plain and simple. If you want someone to blame for the lack of vision and complacently, look in the management offices in Waterloo and you will find the culprits.

And there is a comment from someone that has never put the latest BlackBerry though it's pace. You have no idea what you are missing.

Posted via CB10
    dreamgreed likes this.
    11-02-13 07:54 PM
    But this still does not answer the question. The carriers are not promoting or even carrying the phone and there are still many of us who want the Z30. Why not just offer it through a direct channel a la Nexus? What is with BB? I do not get it. I love the Q10 and I want an ATT LTE Z30 yesterday. I know they are making them, I have seen video with one in Asia in early September. Take my money, please.
    11-02-13 08:09 PM

I find it funny people tend to only look at the past and never at the present when being biased. And then they try to laugh at those who looked at the present and make a laughing stock of them because they actually decided to try something new instead of living in the past.

I have an iPhone 4 and 5 and I can tell you now your iPhone 5 os is the past. They haven't done anything worthy of innovation in a while now. Finger print scanning isn't new or secure like people think, the only thing I do like about iPhone 5s the camera flash which doesn't justify another 800 dollars.

Go try something new before you bash at other people.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:17 PM
    I think the US carriers are last because they don't care about selling BBs because the US represents a small share of the world market for BlackBerry.

I could be wrong but that is my perception.
    In the most recent quarter, the US was the source of 20% of BlackBerry's revenue. That's less than it was years ago, but I would say 20% is still fairly significant.
    11-02-13 10:03 PM
    Just sell through shopblackberry.com and all will be ok. And start releasing the os updates without carrier dependency.
    MGO likes this.
    11-02-13 10:23 PM
    I find it funny people tend to only look at the past and never at the present when being biased. And then they try to laugh at those who looked at the present and make a laughing stock of them because they actually decided to try something new instead of living in the past.

I have an iPhone 4 and 5 and I can tell you now your iPhone 5 os is the past. They haven't done anything worthy of innovation in a while now. Finger print scanning isn't new or secure like people think, the only thing I do like about iPhone 5s the camera flash which doesn't justify another 800 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    You missed the point, I am not bashing anyone, I am tired of hearing that folks here in the USA hate the Blackberry brand.

We where the ones who bought them by the millions in the early days and boasted their stock prices to 125 a share if you remember correctly my friend.

I do blame the management for their current problems. They have paid these folks tens of millions of dollars to run the company into the ground.

11-03-13 03:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    As a follow up, I just went out and bought another z10 because I miss some of the features like the Hub and Gesturing.

I ended up going back to my iPhone 5 until they release 10.2 for T Mobile here in the USA. I was having some issues with 10.1 with the Hub and my GMail contacts.

I can't install the leaks because I use Mac's and the install process will not work on them so I am stuck until these carriers here in the USA get off their *** and release 10.2.

I am actually looking forward to using the z10 and some of the new features on 10.2. I am from the USA and I like BB, but I am a dinosaur here because Android and IOS are the new titans here in the smartphone market whether you choose to accept it or not.

Last edited by bakron1; 11-03-13 at 04:06 AM.
    11-03-13 03:51 AM
    Verizon was the only carrier willing to sell the Z30.

BlackBerry has publicly stated that any other US carrier may sell the Z30 if they wish.

So this Verizon "exclusive" is not really an exclusive in the way one usually thinks about one.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:27 AM
    Verizon was the only carrier willing to sell the Z30.

BlackBerry has publicly stated that any other US carrier may sell the Z30 if they wish.

So this Verizon "exclusive" is not really an exclusive in the way one usually thinks about one.

Posted via CB10
    Which begs the question why we in the US are not able to buy a Z30 for ATT right off their website?
    11-03-13 09:19 AM
    BlackBerry isn't considered cool anymore on the consumer side and fears of the company's future are driving US companies to move to other mobile options or go fully BYOD. It's just a really bad situation for BlackBerry. There isn't going to be a quick fix. I just hope that something positive comes out of today's announcements and maybe they can get their feet back undet them with new leadership.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:53 AM
    I just called AT&T to correct a voicemail issue with my Z10. The customer service rep looked into the availability of the Z30 for me while I was on the line. She indicated the the Z30 will be available for sale online any day in white and black. AT&T is definitely carrying the Z30...
    howards likes this.
    11-04-13 03:59 PM
    I just called AT&T to correct a voicemail issue with my Z10. The customer service rep looked into the availability of the Z30 for me while I was on the line. She indicated the the Z30 will be available for sale online any day in white and black. AT&T is definitely carrying the Z30...
    I hope this it true but no sign of it anywhere on At&T website
    11-04-13 05:10 PM
    Awful marketing is to blame a bit. I am sure things on that end will get amped up a bit once VZW starts carrying the Z30. The other US carriers will not have the Z30 until next year sometime, I wager. But, it would be nice if a commercial or two would drop showing that magnificent Z30 in all its glory. I just want to see the white one land somewhere. That is what I am waiting for.
    11-04-13 05:55 PM
    Because it's a two-way street?
    11-04-13 05:57 PM
    I will believe that when I see it. Those jokers at AT&T will tell you almost anything within reason at times. I hope she is correct, buy I am cautiously optimistic. Since the glorious white Z30 was mentioned, I am not sure if her knowledge of the Z30 is indeed correct. We shall see.
    11-04-13 05:58 PM
27 12