Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I have a wonderful Z30 but, today, something went wrong: I was wiping my mobile but, at the end of the process, I've not managed to turn it on. Now, the screen is completely black, I can't restart the mobile nor I manage to restore factory data; on the other hand, the LED is blinking. What can I do? Thanks a lot
    11-16-14 03:44 PM
    Use BlackBerry link and see if he can restore from there

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:15 PM
    Well, I tried but, when I select "restore factory data" the software says that something has to be updated and, in the middle of the process, it stops for an error. So, I can't restore factory data and my mobile still blinks: I'm desperate because I bought it on amazon from Germany (or England...I don't know exactly) and I live in Italy. I got the 2 years warranty but I think that now I have to send it to the seller because in Italy no one wants to do this kind of assistance. I also tried to install another OS with autoloader, downloaded directly from blackberry site, but nothing has changed!! Help me, please
    11-17-14 05:31 AM
    are you running the autoloader the right way the phone has to be turned off first also make sure you have the right auto loader for your phone and model number
    11-17-14 09:35 AM
    try to hold the power button for a long time to see what happen
    11-17-14 10:25 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I have a wonderful Z30 but, today, something went wrong: I was wiping my mobile but, at the end of the process, I've not managed to turn it on. Now, the screen is completely black, I can't restart the mobile nor I manage to restore factory data; on the other hand, the LED is blinking. What can I do? Thanks a lot
    how did you wipe it?....from phone or using sic-wipe?
    11-17-14 10:27 AM
    Well I tried every kind of strategy: the autoloader was right (I looked for the model on the case of the BB) and I followed that kind of procedure. Result: nothing. The first thing I've done was to hold the power button for a long time in order to restart the mobile but nothing.
    how did you wipe it?....from phone or using sic-wipe?
    I wipe it from phone :/
    11-17-14 04:58 PM
    how many blinks do you get when you press the power button ? what is the sequence of the lights
    11-17-14 05:23 PM
    11-17-14 05:26 PM
    11-17-14 05:31 PM
    Similar thing also happens with my z30 after doing updating 1151 around last week. I kept for some time and then long pressed power button and it got started. Probably, some internal processes were going on and it was prohibiting device to start.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:26 PM
    Well, I tried everything but the answer is always the same: nothing! I tried every kind of autoloader but it seems that there's lack of I don't know what files on my mobile.
    11-18-14 03:05 PM
    Well, I tried everything but the answer is always the same: nothing! I tried every kind of autoloader but it seems that there's lack of I don't know what files on my mobile.
    If the LED is blinking the device may possibly be on. After messing around way to much with my Z30 that I dropped the screen went unresponsive and had a weird sequence of LED lights.

After connecting to the TV through HDMI, I was able to see what was going on. I did wipe the device from the phone and this brought me to the welcome screen (as I could see on the TV). After this, I tried my best to get the screen working until I caved and replaced it with the digitizer.

When I tried to reload the OS I received an error message and it would not complete. The first error message was because the phone was wiped and Link would not reload until initial setup was complete. I also received another error message, but once I replaced the screen/digitizer I started fresh and the device is running as good as new. Using it to type this.

If you have access to a HDMI cable then hook it up to the TV and make sure you are on the correct TV "channel". From there try holding the power button for at least ten seconds to trigger a restart. If no luck then try the hard reset with volume keys. I also held the volume keys then pressed the power button and it initiated a reboot. Give the device some time to restart.

This may give you an idea of what is going on or may not help at all, but if you can do it see what it shows. This is kind of blurry now, but I do remember at one point I could not get the device to show up on the TV, but by that time the assembly was on its way to which I believe I was greeted with a BlackBerry error code and figured my device was bricked.

Just an idea that definitely won't hurt anything and hope this can help you out. I looked up the error code and the BlackBerry support forums basically said that there was no way around this, but I was able to reload and setup after a few tries using Link. It was just being able to see what was going on with the TV that helped me.

I kept the HDMI plugged in throughout everything after installing the new screen and was able to reload the OS. As I wrote, it is all a bit blurry now but I think it's worth a shot. I used the TV as a guide to reload the OS, start the setup, etc. Now all is perfect like nothing ever happened.

I know you did not specify any screen issues, but why not give it a shot. My phone would have been trashed if it wasn't for HDMI and helpful CB members!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:31 PM
    Oh my God! This could have been a great thing but, unfortunately (if I can use this word), now an "expert" is working on my device in order to see if something could be done. If not, well...I think that they will substitute my device with another one (and in this case I hope it will be of the same color, better to say, white). Thank you very much by the way
    11-21-14 02:07 PM
    Ok, tomorrow I can try to do what you told me. I will tell you something tomorrow
    11-28-14 04:47 PM
    I kept the HDMI plugged in throughout everything after installing the new screen and was able to reload the OS.
    What do youm mean with this sentences? I mean, How can I install the new screen?? I can see what happen with the cable, the mobile seems good but the screen is still black
    11-29-14 05:13 AM