Greetings Fellow Crackberrians
    I got a Z30 100-5 off the big river site.

It worked awesome till today morning.

Problem:
    Some time since today morning, it is not connecting to the internet via a website. Morning, after I woke up, I had connected to a website.
    Whatsapp messages are intermittently coming in and going out. Sometimes instantaneously sent. Other times there is a lag.

Today morning my wife pinged me on whatsapp. So, she messaged me at 11 am, I got it at 11:34 am.
    Since morning I have not been able to connect to any website. ive tried, google, bbc,
    rediff, etc.

For any site I try to access, I get a message "Network is unavailable, please try again later".

Other points:
    1) Presently on 10.3.1.1767. GOt it OTA, a couple days back maybe..Never had this problem before the update.
    2) Over WIFI, everything in connectivity is working as expected.
    3) I'm in Pune/Mumbai, India, on Airtel Prepaid Network (2G internet). Will check if things change in Mumbai.
    4) Some forum thread here discussed about switching on Flight mode and then switching it off again. Did not work for me.

Thank you all for reading this far.

Hoping to get some help
    03-27-15 07:03 AM
    Ohh, If it isn't clear, it was an unlocked phone from Amazon.com (USA one)

Best regards,
    03-27-15 07:32 AM
    OK, A correction.
    Blackberry Link tool on my W7 PC shows:
    Software release version 10.3.1.1767
    OS Version: 10.3.1.2558

Why do they have these two separate? What is the difference?

Thanks,
    03-27-15 07:34 AM
    I've also had this problem quite a few times. Mine is 100-5 in mumbai/ pune airtel postpaid.

I thought it was the service provider.
    03-27-15 11:21 PM
    OK, A correction.
    Blackberry Link tool on my W7 PC shows:
    Software release version 10.3.1.1767
    OS Version: 10.3.1.2558

Why do they have these two separate? What is the difference?

Thanks,
    The two numbers are just BB's way of identifying the OS and possibly minor differences. And, frankly, it just confuses everybody, well, at least, ME.

Have you tried restarting the device (see below). There's a slightly newer OS available although I don't know if that would change anything. Where are you located? It could be your carrier as the other response mentions. You could try a new sim card?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    03-28-15 12:09 AM
    Dear Mahesh, F2,

Thanks for your replies.
    Funny thing is outside my office in Pune and Mumbai it worked properly - data was connecting.
    Sorry, I was too busy for most of the weekend, and when I got through, I thought I will come here (office- Pune) and check.
    And as expected it is not working.

One of my colleagues has Airtel here, he was getting data connectivity. Differences between mine and his case were
    1) He was using Android
    2) His is 3G data (no data pack, debiting from calling amount with very high tariffs), mine is 2G data pack separately bought.

He said that he does get very slow speeds (~2G like)

As of now, I would say my problem is solved- in that the problem never existed in the first place.

Thanks for your concern. I will still try out F2 's suggestion.

Best regards,
    03-30-15 12:32 AM