I am attending a two day Real Estate Conference down town Toronto. As realtors, our phone is one of the most important tools in the industry, if not the most important . We use our cell phones all day long to talk to clients, email, browser and some apps for our industry. Today sitting at the side of the room, all along the walls were IPhone�s plugged into the wall just before Lunch Time. At 11:15 am, I was still at 71% battery life and that is from 7:00am in the morning with heavy usage to take notes, check web sites and reply to emails. At lunch time, there is a cell phone charging kiosk all thought the place and all you see is IPhone�s and some Android phones plugged in(See picture for proof) . By the end of the day there was a good line up for people waiting to plug in their phones. I made some small joke to the people who were standing waiting to plug in their phones, if they had a z30 they wouldn�t need to charge their phones. A couple of people asked to see my z30 and I was proud to show it off. I also took the time to explain for our job, we need phones that can multitask, use a browser that works on most sites, amazing email and keyboard and the hub is perfect for all your messages. One guy pointed out that you don�t have any apps . I kindly showed 10 pages of my apps and also informed them that I can install majority of android apps directly on my cell. He was not aware of this.

It is very sad the best Blackberry phone to date, very people know about it. So if Blackberry is watching this post, please on your next phone, create another phone like the z30 with more internal memory better resolution screen & brightness, similar battery life , a very sexy looking devise and advertise the hell out of it and it will sell itself. . You do have the best OS on the market as far as I am concerned (My wife has an IPhone 5s, and my two kids have Nexus 7 FHD android tablet(Pefect example of a great tablet that sells it self because of the screen resolution, size, weight, and speed) so I familar with other OS)
    Why I think Z30 is better business phone than iPhone-z30_battery.jpg
    01-15-14 05:26 PM
    3 iphones and one android?
    That android must not be a note 3

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bbhuh; 01-15-14 at 06:53 PM.
    stauren1203 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:08 PM
    Sad indeed. We can only hope this type message gets out there some how...

Keep on showing it off. Great job.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-15-14 06:37 PM
    The Two phones on the wall are Iphones. In the Kiosk, two Iphones, and 1 android. In this kiosk, there are 3 Iphones.. The girl was nice to show it off to me.

Why I think Z30 is better business phone than iPhone-z30_battery2.jpg
    01-15-14 07:01 PM
    Do you have any idea how many people I share that same sentiment with, OP? My entire office RAN away from Blackberry over the last two really bad years. We use phones heavily all day, my employees are always , always looking for plugs for power and apps to do certain tasks such as Zip a large file for email, or view/modify an office related document, the best one is......taking a note during a conf call. I love that one.

The issue belongs to Blackberry, when I say, get a blackberry you won't need apps for zipping files, or "you can go an entire day without charging" or better yet, "you can see that site on a BB, desktop mode or flash" All I get is, Blackberry is crap, no way!! Bad perception = lost opportunities.

I am productive and smiling. #goteamBB
    Theilio and PatrickMJS like this.
    01-15-14 07:52 PM
    Still don't have Z30 around, in our office, the LG G2 still unbeaten with regards to battery life... and I would love to challenge that once I upgrade to Z30...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:53 PM
    I own both the G2 and the Z30 and so far the Z30 is having better battery life. Actually I am not sure how G2 owners are getting their 10+ hours of battery life from. Mine lasts 7-8 hours max with mixed usage, usually with screen on time of about 3 hours. Sure for a phone with a massive full HD screen 7-8 hours of battery life is pretty impressive but it is still nowhere near the 10+ hours battery life many G2 users are claiming.

The Z30 though, even if I only own this for just 3 days so far, I can last at least 10 hours with this beauty with similar usage pattern as the G2. My guess is the AMOLED screen is playing its part here.

Posted using the LG G2 / BlackBerry Z30
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-15-14 08:02 PM
    So basically its a better business phone because of the battery life? Thats all that u came up with.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-15-14 08:29 PM
    So basically its a better business phone because of the battery life? Thats all that u came up with.

Posted via CB10
    If I can't receive or reply to an email because the device is dead then it would be a major factor for me. For others it's the number of apps or how much user can configure the OS.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    01-15-14 08:34 PM
    If I can't receive or reply to an email because the device is dead then it would be a major factor for me. For others it's the number of apps or how much user can configure the OS.

Posted via CB10
    hahaha..
    well said business phone with empty battery probably you will lose some business deal when it happened

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:37 PM
    I just thought u would of have more reasoning for "business" purchases then the battery life. We all know it has excellent battery life

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:39 PM
    I'm dying to get a Z30 here in the US. Too bad TMO doesn't carrie it.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    01-15-14 08:45 PM
    I just thought u would of have more reasoning for "business" purchases then the battery life. We all know it has excellent battery life

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Or trying to troll?

It's pretty well accepted that BlackBerry is a great device for business. The OP simply was pointing to one of the reasons the z30 excels is great battery life.

Other features can be discussed as well (connectivity, communication, security) but this thread is highlighting one and only one aspect.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:48 PM
    By your logic, i would guess you wouldn't invest in something " we all know" is a good investment, just because we all know it doesn't make it invalid.

Posted via CB10
    llewis82005 likes this.
    01-15-14 09:02 PM
    This is true, ice never had a phone I can use all day with no worries until the z30, I used to travel with my iphone 5 then z10, ipad and galaxy tab 3 to get the best use out of all of them. Now all I need is my z30, my iPad and g tab just sit in my briefcase for the most part of the day.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-16-14 at 09:23 PM.
    01-15-14 09:21 PM
    I'm dying to get a Z30 here in the US. Too bad TMO doesn't carrie it.

I recently spoke with a tmo rep, he told me that they play to carry the Z30... Idk how true that is and, No dates as of yet

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:35 PM
    I have the z30. Theres no reason to state that its a great business phone due to the excellent battery life. We all know the battery is better than most phones.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-15-14 09:55 PM
    Ok i must say. You speak for everyone as if you know what everyone's knowledge set is. If we all "actually" knew the same stuff there would be no need websites like this. I bet somebody read this forum post and had no idea how good the battery life was, despite your claims "we all know". If not this post than on of multiple others on this website, negating your " we all know" argument. Just let the guy be happy about his phone and move on.

I have the z30. Theres no reason to state that its a great business phone due to the excellent battery life. We all know the battery is better than most phones.

Posted via CB10
    Theilio and Uzi like this.
    01-15-14 10:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    How much business can you do when your phone is dead. Not much, I guess.

Good post tommy!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:18 PM
    I recently spoke with a tmo rep, he told me that they play to carry the Z30... Idk how true that is and, No dates as of yet

Posted via CB10
    I guess I just have to wait...

01-16-14 08:32 AM
    Interesting post. It's true, those iPhones have such a weak battery. And I'll admit, my previous Z10 was like that too, but ever since updating to the Z30, the battery is a champ and lasts me pretty much the whole day.

(what's funny too is that as I type this, I'm barely looking at the keyboard and all my words are still typing!)

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-16-14 08:44 AM
    I get 1.5 to 2 days usage on a single charge on my Z30 and I use it all day, the battery is awesome.

I would consider the battery the most important feature of a phone because it wouldn't be very useful when it goes dead.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    ArsenG and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-16-14 09:13 AM
    When I was having issues with my Z10's battery not lasting me all day (would need a charge around 4), I went and purchased an Iphone 5. I used the iphone for a week and afterwards I quickly gave it to my young son to use as a gaming device. It iphone was garbage. The battery would not last me pass 12 in the afternoon. The keyboard was terrible. I send emails in english and spanish all the time and sometimes combine both in one email. I had to keep switching the keyboard on the iphone. It was frustrating.

Now that I have a Z30, things are much better. Running the latest leak my phone lasts all day. I am more productive than ever with the hub. The excelent keyboard that does not need to be manually changed to use different languages makes all the difference. Its a solid operating system and phone. I wish more people would know how awesome it is.
    01-16-14 10:18 AM
    As to the android app usage OP, did you also tell him how much tweaking you have to do to be able to do that?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    01-16-14 10:41 AM
    As to the android app usage OP, did you also tell him how much tweaking you have to do to be able to do that?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    On 10.2.1 there is no need to tweak, just find an apk from the web browser or 3rd party android market and install.
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-16-14 10:54 AM
42 12