It iphone was garbage. The battery would not last me pass 12 in the afternoon.
    My iPhone 4S has a pretty crappy battery too, but that seems unusually bad - like you got a bum unit or have some battery draining thing installed. I can usually get a work day out of mine struggling
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 01-17-14 at 03:02 PM.
    ArsenG and deptech like this.
    01-16-14 10:58 AM
    As to the android app usage OP, did you also tell him how much tweaking you have to do to be able to do that?
    If by referring to "tweaking", you mean the arduous process of installing a leak, please... this will become an official OS upgrade in the next few days or weeks. At that point, it will be a simple matter of installing and official OS upgrade - no tweaking required.

True, the leaked OS mechanism is not for everyone... it is intended to give a chance to test out of upgrades on those willing to make the effort and take the risk. But it's better than releasing an OS upgrade officially before testing it on thousands of devices. And that is precisely what the leak process accomplishes.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:19 AM
    My iPhone 4S has a pretty crappy battery too, but that seems unusually bad - like you got a bum unit or have some battery draining thing installed. I can usually get a work day out of mine struggling

Now that I have a Z30, things are much better. Running the latest leak my phone lasts all day. I am more productive than ever with the hub. The excelent keyboard that does not need to be manually changed to use different languages makes all the difference. Its a solid operating system and phone. I wish more people would know how awesome it is.
    [/QUOTE]

This. My 5s yesterday was 23 hours off charger with 5 hours screen on time, I worked a 12 hour shift and plugged it in before bed at 38%.

That battery life he talks about is not anything I've ever encountered with any Apple device, and I've owned several over the years.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-17-14 09:24 AM
    I own both the G2 and the Z30 and so far the Z30 is having better battery life. Actually I am not sure how G2 owners are getting their 10+ hours of battery life from. Mine lasts 7-8 hours max with mixed usage, usually with screen on time of about 3 hours. Sure for a phone with a massive full HD screen 7-8 hours of battery life is pretty impressive but it is still nowhere near the 10+ hours battery life many G2 users are claiming.

The Z30 though, even if I only own this for just 3 days so far, I can last at least 10 hours with this beauty with similar usage pattern as the G2. My guess is the AMOLED screen is playing its part here.

Posted using the LG G2 / BlackBerry Z30
    G2 is really an amazing device. I will miss the knock on/off when I move to Z30. The thing with the screen is, like you said, the massive HD screen, it has amazing colors, great picture, good quality screen and of course the major problem with battery is the android OS. It is so quirky, it keeps turning on my GPS and it keeps loading stuff, reading here and there, spying on your every move so I disabled google now and I disabled all location services, but I still see GPS turning on by itself in weird times. Anyway, I just want to say that Z30 is not alone in great battery department, but I can definitely see it overlast G2 in comparison due to lower specs and well because Android is extremely clunky due to vendor customization + carrier customization on top.
    01-17-14 12:55 PM
    I really don't mind other phones have better battery life than Z30. The bottom line is, Z10's battery life was not enough for me, Z30 fixed this problem completely. Now I can enjoy my hub, flow, keyboard, browser and Android apps better. That?s what matters to me.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    heading4tomorrow and ArsenG like this.
    01-17-14 01:22 PM
    That battery life he talks about is not anything I've ever encountered with any Apple device, and I've owned several over the years.
    I had an iPhone 3G for a bit and it had atrocious battery life that needed to be charged a lot, but most of my recent devices are quite solid. If I have a gripe with Apple products of recent years, it's the lag. I have problems with lag big-time on my iPod Touch and (especially) my Macs. They're constantly rainbow wheeling
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-17-14 03:03 PM
    Dammit right it's better, it's the best device for communication period

Blackberry love

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG and PatrickMJS like this.
    01-17-14 04:47 PM
    I had an iPhone 3G for a bit and it had atrocious battery life that needed to be charged a lot, but most of my recent devices are quite solid. If I have a gripe with Apple products of recent years, it's the lag. I have problems with lag big-time on my iPod Touch and (especially) my Macs. They're constantly rainbow wheeling
    Isn't it funny how they are super fast but over time they seem to slow down. Even if you hard reset it, it is still slow. I could not believe how slow iPod 4th gen was when I recently bought one and sold it a week later.

Sent from my LG-D800
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-18-14 11:26 AM
    I too am a Realtor and just ordered a Z30 and should arrive tomorrow. It will be replacing my iPhone 5s. The only issue I have is that one of the biggest apps we as realtors can use is they eKey app which is not available in the blackberry world. I am scared that I will be needing to carry both my 5s and BB around
    01-20-14 11:41 PM
    I too am a Realtor and just ordered a Z30 and should arrive tomorrow. It will be replacing my iPhone 5s. The only issue I have is that one of the biggest apps we as realtors can use is they eKey app which is not available in the blackberry world. I am scared that I will be needing to carry both my 5s and BB around
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.utc.fs.ekey
    Based on description it works on Android 2.1, definitely try sideloading, looks like it should work.
    01-21-14 12:43 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.utc.fs.ekey
    Based on description it works on Android 2.1, definitely try sideloading, looks like it should work.
    Wait so we can download from google play store now? If I can get this to work it will be the ultimate phone for me.
    01-21-14 12:44 AM
    Wait so we can download from google play store now? If I can get this to work it will be the ultimate phone for me.
    For the past while you have had the ability to load android apps, you just have to go about a different process to do so. It's a bit cumbersome and annoying but in my opinion, not that huge of a deal. You can directly install it from the phone (unless you run a leaked os) but when the new update comes out you should be able to. Right now you have to load it to the phone via a computer in a process called side-loading. Do a quick search and you should find all the info you need on how to do this. It's not difficult, just takes an extra step or two than it should as of right now. 10.2.1 will solve this as I mentioned earlier

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 02:42 AM
    Research all of the threads about leaks. Lots of apps that u will need is probably available.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-21-14 10:32 AM
    What every businessman in the world needs is a phone which will always be within their tight schedule, doesn't have to be a monstrous one with lots of hanky panky stuffs but a phone which can keep them moving. And that's what BBRY is trying to offer with the Z30. A good review from you, OP. Let's spread the good news!

Sent from CB10 app on my STA-2
    01-21-14 11:37 PM
    My brother in law has just crossed over from his legacy blackberry (which he was very happy with) to an iPhone... he can't stand it, but says his main reason was because the E key was not available on the bb10 devices... if you decide to side load the leak I'd love to know how this turns out for you... it would bring another BlackBerry customer back where he belongs!

via ?CB10 on my fabulous z10 ? device
    01-27-14 01:47 PM
    Here's why I think its a great business phone. My firm is comprised of heavy, heavy users of smartphones, for emails, texts, document flow.

1) The large Z30 screen makes it easy to work with documents.
    2) We have had flawless operation/wireless contact syncing with the Z30 - dedicated Blackberry users for a long time. Internet access is fast, operation is fast.
    3) Document readability such as PDF documents and Excel is excellent and they open very quickly and are easy to read.
    4) The HUB allows you to gauge the status of lots of information flow from a central menu.
    5) The swiping operation, once you get used to it, is fast and allows you to quickly skip through documents and icons.
    6) The expandable memory is good if you need to temporarily store large documents.
    7) Battery life is excellent, the hands free phone speaker phone is very clear and the conference bridge feature is excellent.
    8) It sends emails to my car, and the ability to use voice command on the phone through my car's voice control by using 9995551234 is excellent. You can search a contact, dial a number and even voice text an e-mail all the time keeping your eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel.
    9) Docs to go is an excellent Office document editor.

These are features important to me.

I don't really listen to music or watch videos on my work phone - but I have some on in case I'm in the airport waiting. It really can't be dedicated to that use for any prolonged period. I don't really care if it can't control my thermostat.
    Last edited by PeterC4; 01-27-14 at 09:19 PM.
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-27-14 09:07 PM
    BlackBerry. That's all that needs to be said bout this.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:02 PM
42 12