I tested the Z30. I found the phone in all respects terrific. The finish is great - the metal with the fibre glass back. The screen was amazing. Huge difference over the Z10- really great size. The overall size was surprisingly similar to the z10. It was about 1cm longer and maybe 5mm wider. The borders around the screen are much smaller. The issue was one handed operation. I have average size hands- not small average. I could not reach the upper bevel or the most distant edge. The other issue got me was the weight distribution. I find the Z10 cradles nicely in the hand supported by the pinky finger- for one handed operation. I found the center of gravity higher up on the z30 so it felt like it wanted to somersault out if my hand. In fact I almost dropped the phone 3 times in 20 minutes. I have never dropped my z10 out if the case ( a couple times in the case). It's too bad as I've many if the features. Oh yea and Rogers wants $300 for the z10 contract and another $200ish for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:58 AM
    Good points there, but I like the speakers, miracast ability, wifi direct ,... can't wait!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-28-13 09:03 AM
    Sounds like a very fair assessment to me (but the somersault did make me lol).

I am warming up to the Z30. Not gonna buy one, but now I at least can see the scenario where I would. I expected a Galaxy Gran Duo sized device and it's not. That's a big plus for me.

But yeah, one hand easy of use on the Z10 seems to be unmatched and that is something I rather have for those moments when I can only use one hand.
    10-28-13 09:06 AM
    Z30 is a huge upgrade. I find it better in my hand than the Q10. The Q was my favorite but it was falling out of my hand when I tried using it with one hand. The Z30 is now my favorite and feels even in my hand and is just an amazing device!!

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-28-13 09:07 AM
    I don't have the same feeling. I must have slightly larger hands although I never really considered my hands large. In terms of weight distribution I have not shared the same experience. Again this is likely due to hand difference. Neat to see a phone will vary so much person to person =

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    10-28-13 09:17 AM
    Z10, I believe, is the perfect size for mobile... not too big for being portable and not too small for reading messages and emails... for multimedia purposes such as watching movies, the 7" tablet (such as in the form and size of PlayBook) is the right size...

If Z10's hardware (specs) will be upgraded better than Z30, I'm sure there will be Z30 users that will go back to Z10 size...

Posted via Z10
    10-28-13 09:17 AM
    The next all touch phone from BlackBerry could be a Z50. The exact design of the Z10, except the screen goes edge to edge on the sides, as well as close as possible to the top and bottom, leaving the top and bottom plastic parts that are part of the 'frame' looking exactly like they do on the Z10 now. Also, 2 speakers for the "Natural Sound". So, they would be keeping the same size of the Z10, but expanding the screen to be essentially bezel-less, because BlackBerry 10 seems to be designed to work without bezels, so it seems. Basically, picture the current Z10 with a screen that is completely utilizing all that bezel space, essentially just expanding the screen size. That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buckwylder; 10-29-13 at 06:27 PM.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-29-13 04:21 PM
    I agree that the all-screen, no bezel would be best but don't we need some due to portrait mode?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:23 AM
    I have pretty small hands so this is pretty interesting review. Lol
    10-30-13 12:27 AM
    I have average sized hands too and not experienced any problems with one handed operation. I tend to keep my most used apps in the bottom 3 rows of each pane.

So far the transition from Z10 has been nothing but a positive experience.

Posted via CB10 (Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.575)
    10-30-13 02:23 AM
    The next all touch phone from BlackBerry could be a Z50. The exact design of the Z10, except the screen goes edge to edge on the sides, as well as close as possible to the top and bottom, leaving the top and bottom plastic parts that are part of the 'frame' looking exactly like they do on the Z10 now. Also, 2 speakers for the "Natural Sound". So, they would be keeping the same size of the Z10, but expanding the screen to be essentially bezel-less, because BlackBerry 10 seems to be designed to work without bezels, so it seems. Basically, picture the current Z10 with a screen that is completely utilizing all that bezel space, essentially just expanding the screen size. That would be awesome.
    I don't think that we will see a phone the same size as the z10 for quite some time, possibly never again from BB, the move to 1080p in the next high-end model will require the phone to be a similar size to the z30 and even those lower-end models seem like they are going to be a 4.5" 720p model too.
    10-30-13 04:02 AM
    ...The finish is great - the metal with the fibre glass back...
    Which part is metal ?
    10-30-13 07:05 AM
    Which part is metal ?
    There's the metal trim around the side of the Z30.
    But in any case, what you're saying seems fair, but I didn't see your "issues" being issues for me at all.
    In fact, I drop my Z10 all the time cause I find it too slippery and small in my hands.
    10-30-13 07:31 AM