Using a Z30 sta 100-5 and at one point gps and location services worked fine. If i go into maps it will show me the route but when I press start, it loads a while then says that I need to get into a place with less cloud cover and error 1013. It does this every time regardless of weather conditions. The reason I say it won't refresh is because it can find my location and give me a directions to where I want to go. I've tried using other sideloaded apps and they have the same problem. They show the turn by turn screen but never show that I'm actually moving. Unless I reload the directions, then it will show me directions from my new location. which is the only way I've found to get a little bit of use out of them.
    04-20-15 11:16 AM
    Try performing a reset on your device by holding down the Power/Lock key for ~10 seconds, ignoring the shut down screen, carrier logo (if applicable), and BlackBerry logo. Release the Power/Lock key once you see the BlackBerry 10 OS loading screen appear (with the BlackBerry logo and progress indicator).

Also, which software release are you currently running on your device? This can be found under Settings > About.
    04-20-15 11:56 AM
    doesn't work i've tried everything like that before, resetting the phone, and uploading a new OS.
    04-21-15 11:27 AM
    How old is the device? Warranty?

Have you tried just a gps app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sim.gpsstatus2
    04-21-15 12:26 PM
    Using a Z30 sta 100-5 and at one point gps and location services worked fine. If i go into maps it will show me the route but when I press start, it loads a while then says that I need to get into a place with less cloud cover and error 1013. It does this every time regardless of weather conditions. The reason I say it won't refresh is because it can find my location and give me a directions to where I want to go. I've tried using other sideloaded apps and they have the same problem. They show the turn by turn screen but never show that I'm actually moving. Unless I reload the directions, then it will show me directions from my new location. which is the only way I've found to get a little bit of use out of them.
    Can you confirm that your GPS is indeed functioning? You can download a GPS status app from BlackBerry World to test it out. What you said tell me that your GPS is not working. The location service provides your navigation app with the cell tower location, not the GPS coordinates. Most navigation will give you a route from the cell tower but the location is not accurate enough for navigation.

The location service on the phone does not provide automatic updates. The apps need to request the location information each time they want it. Some of the apps actually allows user to set update frequency. Since your navigation app did not start navigation because of the inaccurate location, it didn't request updates.

Further info: some forum members reported problems with their GPS and traced the cause to be Poynt running in the background but doesn't show up in Device Monitor. Delete Poynt if you have it installed.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:45 PM