Then it looks like someone shoveled their a$$ with it.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent! Well I'm done with Big Macs now!

Posted via CB10
    xhead75 likes this.
    01-17-14 07:26 PM
    Why do some women look better in pics than real life?

Posted via CB10
    Or some men? I'm just saying, can't discriminate. Besides, it's all subjective anyway.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:31 PM
    Or some men? I'm just saying, can't discriminate. Besides, it's all subjective anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I dunno, just like pics of me the camera adds 10 pounds to that Z30

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-17-14 08:01 PM
    I'll take it off your hands and promise to take pictures of it often!
    00stryder, jevinzac and wincyUt like this.
    01-17-14 08:29 PM
    I would just carry a picture of it around since, as you say, looks better than in real life.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-17-14 09:45 PM
    It is a very understated phone, not particularly flashy. The front is just a black gloss with a bit of gray on the bottom and side, and the back from a few feet just looks like matte black with a stainless-looking BlackBerry logo. Really the only thing that is aesthetically "flashy" is the carbon weave back, which is most notable once you really look at it.

That understated look is why I really like the Z30 and my Z10, and why I prefer the black Q10 over the white Q10 (less stainless, carbon weave back).
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    01-17-14 10:11 PM
    The other day when I got it my hand, and i had excaltly the oposite feeling. In pictures it looks a bit bulky and "not expensive", but in your hand it realy feels slick and very premium, I was quite impressed
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-17-14 10:20 PM
    Meehn! This post just makes me want to drop my secondary device which is an Android phone for a Z30!.......Hmmm Z30 with 10.2.1.xxx with Snap installed, apart from a few paid apps, wouldn't that be giving you more than an Android phone?
    01-17-14 10:20 PM
    Meehn! This post just makes me want to drop my secondary device which is an Android phone for a Z30!.......Hmmm Z30 with 10.2.1.xxx with Snap installed, apart from a few paid apps, wouldn't that be giving you more than an Android phone?
    Emphasis mine. Absolutely! The communications device BlackBerry is notorious for, and the access to the apps that are the foundation of the other 2 platforms' success.
    01-17-14 10:37 PM
    No. Not by a long shot.
    01-17-14 10:56 PM
    I find it the opposite, I don't think the pictures do the device just.

Canadian BBM Channel C001234A4
    01-17-14 11:08 PM
    Lucky man you are seeing them in real life... ;-)!

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.2.1
    sam81 and 00stryder like this.
    01-17-14 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get caught up with all that politically correct bs. You're always going to offend someone somehow. I recently learned that referring to women working in the office as "the girls" can be sexual harassment. Please...
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-18-14 12:27 AM
    I feel better cuz i 've my hands on it and it look better in real life
    01-18-14 02:53 AM
    I think it look better physically than in pictures or ads. Own Nd has been using it since last 3 months and it feels totally classy wid superb build quality

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:51 AM
    I don't get caught up with all that politically correct bs. You're always going to offend someone somehow. I recently learned that referring to women working in the office as "the girls" can be sexual harassment. Please...
    It's not necessarily about political correctness as it is confronting the current standard that women, or "girls" as you said, are judged and valued based on their physical attractiveness. Which, again, is kinda pointless anyway since beauty is subjective. Some of the most "attractive" actresses and female celebrities in Hollywood are not very attractive to me, while others that I do find attractive (like Helen Mirren before I saw the bikini pic, and I'm 26 btw) may have other people scratching their heads. I'm just saying that it's not only unfair to suggest that women we see in real life should somehow live up to how we perceive them in images, but it's kinda unnecessary anyway because as others have said, oftentimes things (like the Z30) actually look better to them in person than in the pictures.

As to the comment about referring to women as "the girls," that's a matter of context. I talk about my close male friends as "my boys," but I'd never call an acquaintance, co-worker or somebody that I'm not close with "a/the boy." (Similarly, you may hear a woman refer to her close female friends as "the girls" or say, "girl..." in casual conversation.) It gives off a certain connotation that may not be intentional, but is otherwise offensive to others. And with the way society has been for pretty much all of recorded time, it's a male-dominated world (especially in business) and such language could be interpreted as perpetuating the stereotype that a woman is evaluated as a female first and employee/co-worker second. As a grown, independent, and I'm sure very successful man (not being sarcastic here), would you appreciate somebody - who you were not close with - refer to you as, "boy?" Would it make you feel like they have appreciated your achievements in life leading up to your position in the workplace by referring to you as such?

Okay, so how do I bring this back to BlackBerry and the Z30? I have absolutely no idea... lol. J/k, honestly I like how the Z30 looks, and it sucks to hear that the silver part chips easily. I have a Z10 in white (my first "white" phone) that I love in this "shade," but I think I like the black Z30 more than the white one. See, even with just me alone, "beauty" is not one defined measure.

Posted via CB10
    raino and Acidwire like this.
    01-18-14 10:32 AM
    Does that give you sleepless nights?
    01-18-14 11:14 AM
    Does that give you sleepless nights?
    Does what give me sleepless nights?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:21 PM
    I had the opposite experience, I thought it looked better in person, and after I had purchased the device I liked it more, the OS and Hardware are awesome.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    Bor Navas likes this.
    01-18-14 12:26 PM
    It's not necessarily about political correctness as it is confronting the current standard that women, or "girls" as you said, are judged and valued based on their physical attractiveness. Which, again, is kinda pointless anyway since beauty is subjective. Some of the most "attractive" actresses and female celebrities in Hollywood are not very attractive to me, while others that I do find attractive (like Helen Mirren before I saw the bikini pic, and I'm 26 btw) may have other people scratching their heads. I'm just saying that it's not only unfair to suggest that women we see in real life should somehow live up to how we perceive them in images, but it's kinda unnecessary anyway because as others have said, oftentimes things (like the Z30) actually look better to them in person than in the pictures.

As to the comment about referring to women as "the girls," that's a matter of context. I talk about my close male friends as "my boys," but I'd never call an acquaintance, co-worker or somebody that I'm not close with "a/the boy." (Similarly, you may hear a woman refer to her close female friends as "the girls" or say, "girl..." in casual conversation.) It gives off a certain connotation that may not be intentional, but is otherwise offensive to others. And with the way society has been for pretty much all of recorded time, it's a male-dominated world (especially in business) and such language could be interpreted as perpetuating the stereotype that a woman is evaluated as a female first and employee/co-worker second. As a grown, independent, and I'm sure very successful man (not being sarcastic here), would you appreciate somebody - who you were not close with - refer to you as, "boy?" Would it make you feel like they have appreciated your achievements in life leading up to your position in the workplace by referring to you as such?
    Agreement/disagreement aside, well put and thought out response
    00stryder likes this.
    01-18-14 02:08 PM
    Lol!! OP, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Are you near sighted or far sighted?
    On a serious note, Both the Z10 and Z30 looked much better when I first laid my hands on them.
    01-18-14 02:50 PM
    i heared about fotoshop have you ?
    01-18-14 03:28 PM
    Look at how much work goes into making a Rolex look good in a marketing image:

I'm sure the same work is done for the majority of products we buy these days.
    01-18-14 04:04 PM
    Naturally.. the answer is Marketing! (in my opinion, of course!!)

And, not only do I use a cleaner to make my device LOOK like new....
    I also spray NEW DEVICE SCENT on it so it smells as new as the day I bought it!
    I hang a cardboard likeness of my device with the NEW DEVICE SCENT on it around my neck
    for the times I'm driving in my car which has the NEW CAR SCENT sprayed in it!
    That way it doesn't overpower the Device scent!

It's times like this that I KNOW, without a doubt,
    that I'm the only sane person on the planet!
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    01-18-14 04:13 PM
    I've played with the Z30 in person, and it definitely looks kind of cheap in real life. The silver chin looks like happy meal plastic, and there is a tab on the left side of the band that runs around the phone that never ever sits flush. It's plastic and I have no clue what this tab does.

I was disappointed, personally. Q10 is much better (minus the back cover, which slides off on its own after a half year).
    01-18-14 04:20 PM
68 123