I'm facing low free space on my BlackBerry Z30 and tried to figure out why. I installed some Android apps e.g. Synology's DS Cloud and others.
    After some research I found out that every file on the "SDCard" consumes 1MB regardless of its actual size which leads to incredible 6,78GB for 6884 files in the misc\android\.cloudStation folder whereby the actual size for all files is only 91,7MB. Whats that for a wastefull formating BB is using here?
    I would add a screenshot but seems not possible here...

Any ideas how to reformat the internal card to a more reliable file format or how to move the misc\android to external sd card?

TIA and god bless you
    08-31-15 04:17 PM
    Device/misc/android doesn't actually exist, for the most part. Besides Android app data, it's also a bunch of symbolic links to files elsewhere on the device/media card. In some cases, it can exceed the capacity of the device, since the listed filesize is the sum total of the files on the device and media card.

As for storage space, are you checking with the native file manager or some Android app? Android file managers are subject to different constraints than the native one.
    08-31-15 04:19 PM
    To add a screenshot, you first need to allow the CB app to access stored local files in your app permissions page.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    08-31-15 04:41 PM
    Reformat the card using FAT and use 4KB file sizes

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    This won't do anything in this case...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:15 PM
    I think you meant block sizes.

OP, block size determines the smallest file size a file can have. Large block sizes allow faster reads at the expense of making small files be bigger at the minimum block size.
    08-31-15 05:39 PM
    Thank you all for the feedback,

I used the web site to post the message but now after (forced) registration I can also add a screenshot of the Windows Explorer properties dialog of the ".cloudstation" folder (with slightly different results now).
    Why does every file consumes 1mb on the SDCARD mean?-explorer.png

The Blackberry file manager does not show up the ".cloudstation" folder at all because its hidden but the "misc" folder has "3GB" but there are not other details like count of files so I would tent to say it does not count hidden files at all?

As the "SDCard" is the internal memory I did not find a solution to reformat it neither in the Windows Explorer nor in the BlackBerry settings.

I now replaced the external SD card with a bigger one and moved the photos to the external SD to get some space.

Is there any way to move the Android files to the external SD card?
    08-31-15 05:51 PM
    What does your phone say?

Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > Storage
    08-31-15 06:09 PM