I updated my new BlackBerry Z30 (I got it during the Black Friday sale) and installed my favourite apps. A few days later I put in the Rogers SIM and I got an update notice to version 10.2.1.3062, which I already had, once I put the Rogers SIM in.

I looked and now I have all the Rogers apps and the Rogers boot screen. What is up with that? The whole reason I bought an unlocked smartphone was not to have any carrier bloat (one can dream).

On the bright side the LTE Internet works perfectly without having to input any settings.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:03 PM
    Same here. I deleted all of the Rogers apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:07 PM
    Because that's how it works. Part of the agreement with carriers is my guess

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:09 PM
    Delete it. It's that easy.
    12-12-14 04:13 PM
    Because you are a rogers customer. So you get rogers apps

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:29 PM
    Yea it's your carrier so that you can check your usage history, pay bills,get more products easily. An unlock phone just mean that you could use any carrier of your choice

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    12-12-14 05:56 PM
    I sometimes forget that I'm not on Android anymore and I can actually delete apps I don't want.

As for the Rogers logo when I boot up, I'll live.

P.S.
    I guess I shouldn't complain because it did setup everything (Voicemail, APN, MMS, etc.) seamlessly, which is what I wanted in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:01 PM
    A lot of carriers have their apps download automatically when you insert their sim on bb10.

The annoying part is that it shows up as an OS update. If you delete them, they pop up again a few days after. Thankfully you CAN delete them, or just throw them in a folder and forget about them.

To the credit of both the carriers and Blackberry, the bloat is minimal, one or two apps, and the boot logo, sometimes a carrier wallpaper.

On my carrier, Wind. I got the logo on boot, one app (which is actually provided by the SIM) for services, and an actually kinda nice wallpaper.

They didn't take up too much or take too long to make the phone bootup, it was alright.

Now, ever since I got my passport, I no longer get those, but that's because Wind does not plan on supporting the Passport in anyway.

If they DO get the classic, then maybe they'll come back with 10.3.1 OS

Passport on Wind
    12-12-14 07:31 PM