The operating system is not designed to update itself. Even if the software update is fully downloaded onto the device and the phone crashes, it will not initiate the installation on restart. It requires the user to manually restart on prompt. It displays the recommendation to save any unsaved work and to keep the device charged if the battery is below twenty percent. It also warns against turning off your device during installation. The automatic update feature does not include automatic installation. Automatic updates simply download the update to the phone.

If the phone crashes during installation, that is another case and it is unfortunate. However, this can happen to any smartphone, not just BlackBerry. In the future, the user should utilize BlackBerry Link and backup their content. With a Wi-Fi connection or USB cord, BlackBerry Link can upload your photos instantly unto your computer. The original poster to this thread might have the photos archived on his/her computer if they've been using BlackBerry Link.

Attachment 344262

Posted via CB10
    This is why I think the OP is a troll, unless if he's an ignorant user that doesn't read what his smartphone is saying and just do what he likes. It TELLS you exactly what you need and what you shouldn't do during the update process. New phone, Irreplaceable photos of mom? Crying for 24 hours? Too much. He's even a guest (not registered user), can you post as a guest here?
    03-29-15 11:25 AM
    This is why I think the OP is a troll, unless if he's an ignorant user that doesn't read what his smartphone is saying and just do what he likes. It TELLS you exactly what you need and what you shouldn't do during the update process. New phone, Irreplaceable photos of mom? Crying for 24 hours? Too much. He's even a guest (not registered user), can you post as a guest here?
    Yes, first time folks can post as a guest. The idea is that if we are WELCOMING and HELPFUL they will return and register and add to our "friendly" community.

So it is quite possible that the OP did come back and register or got turned off by the reaction to the original question and is gone.

So, everyone, keep it friendly and helpful where you can.
    kbz1960 and TomatoPaste like this.
    03-29-15 11:43 AM
    This is why I store everything on an SD card and back it up often.

My niece took her iPhone in to have the home button repaired. They gave her a replacement. Never one time asked her if she'd backed up to iCloud or a computer. They took the old phone. Next day I get a phone call from her crying that all her vacation pictures are gone.

I fix computers. I deal with dead hard drives all the time. Same tears. All pictures are gone.

The moral of it all is, never trust technology with something "precious" it can and often WILL fail.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:00 PM
    edit fail.
    Last edited by dguy123; 03-29-15 at 01:27 PM.
    03-29-15 01:14 PM
    No. You're wrong.
    My phone auto updated overnight not that long ago. In the morning there was a message saying the os had been updated and a reboot was necessary to complete the update.

Edit: No, I'm wrong. It downloaded the OS. I had to initiate a reboot for the installation as shown in the update notice screenshot above.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:25 PM
    Mmm, I think you typed half the words on this entire thread

Posted via CB10
    So what if they did? It's not like they said anything that isn't true.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:31 PM
    It's crazy that OP never came back, I guess he's too buzy crying...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 02:04 AM
    Are you in UK, how much would you sell it?

Posted via CB10
    I'm in UK and have a one week old white z30 for sale

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 03:22 AM
    Z30 is awesome

Posted via Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    03-30-15 06:25 AM
    Sorry doble post
    03-31-15 04:33 AM
    I'm in UK and have a one week old white z30 for sale

Posted via CB10
    How much? What model is it? What is in the box?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:34 AM
86 ... 234