correction , I thought he did but it was good source that this is happening.
    Would the z50 be bigger?! Or just better specs/screen

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    01-05-14 10:03 PM
    Would the z50 be bigger?! Or just better specs/screen

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    Since nothing has been officially (or even unoffocially) stated about the next Z model, there isn't officially a Z50. Since there isn't a Z50, there is no way to know what the hardware will be.

We all just have to wait and see what the next Z is and what it's specs are.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 10:07 PM
    Since nothing has been officially (or even unoffocially) stated about the next Z model, there isn't officially a Z50. Since there isn't a Z50, there is no way to know what the hardware will be.

We all just have to wait and see what the next Z is and what it's specs are.

I hope BB spends more time on software from now on instead of releasing more hardware.
    01-06-14 11:29 AM
    There are leaked unofficial z50 specs on n4bb. People are saying the screen will be 5.2 inches

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 12:06 PM
    There are leaked unofficial z50 specs on n4bb.
    Stopped reading at N4BB. These are the same guys who "reported" a few days ago that TMO was rolling out 10.2 OTA.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-06-14 12:18 PM
    Stopped reading at N4BB. These are the same guys who "reported" a few days ago that TMO was rolling out 10.2 OTA.
    Lol. They publish rumors. I read it because about 50% of the time the rumors end up being true. It isn't news, like crackberry. If crackberry is the Washington post then n4bb is the national enquirer. That being said, they seem to have pretty accurate rumors regarding developing hardware. It's the software and release date rumors they really screw up on.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    01-06-14 02:39 PM
    They did the same thing for AT&T and the 10.1 rollout. They should get fined or something for reporting something as fact that ends up being inaccurate. :-)

raino likes this.
    01-06-14 03:10 PM
    Just to let you guys know, I spoke with Negri Electronics this morning and asked them to confirm that the Bell model they have listed on their website was in fact the STA100-1. The checked and saw that it is actually the STA100-5, and have changed it on their website now. Just in case anyone was thinking of ordering from them.
    01-13-14 04:20 PM
    I have never used VVM so I don't know if its enabled or disabled, but all I did was put my AT&T micro sim in my Verizon Z30 and everything worked just fine. I have just never gotten LTE.
    Right, Moody.... my experience is that you cannot have "ATT Visual Voice Mail" set up on a Verizon Z30 or have it work on said phone... have had my Z30 for over a month now... Sweet Mother of Earth.. Best Phone I have Ever Owned....
    01-13-14 04:58 PM
    Right, Moody.... my experience is that you cannot have "ATT Visual Voice Mail" set up on a Verizon Z30 or have it work on said phone... have had my Z30 for over a month now... Sweet Mother of Earth.. Best Phone I have Ever Owned....
    Here's a very, very crazy idea that may not even work. Have you tried (or heard of anyone else trying) sideloading an APK for it? It doesn't seem to be a super proprietary app, in that it's at least available in the Google Play store (it does say you need an AT&T phone, but a SIM alone might do...)
    01-13-14 05:17 PM
    I initially got one with Verizon but hated the logo in the front under the glass and on the back of the phone. I switched it out and got the unlocked one from Bell. None of the ugly Verizon branding and working perfectly.
    01-16-14 08:41 AM
    I initially got one with Verizon but hated the logo in the front under the glass and on the back of the phone. I switched it out and got the unlocked one from Bell. None of the ugly Verizon branding and working perfectly.
    Congratulations. What network does your phone say you're on--"4G" or LTE?
    01-16-14 09:47 AM
    Congratulations. What network does your phone say you're on--"4G" or LTE?
    No LTE, only 4G which is fine with me. Visual Voicemail is working fine though, I couldn't get it to work with the Verizon model.
    01-16-14 11:23 AM
    No LTE, only 4G which is fine with me. Visual Voicemail is working fine though, I couldn't get it to work with the Verizon model.
    Did you return it to Verizon? How did you buy it in the first place, just straight out from the store?
    01-16-14 10:30 PM
    Did you return it to Verizon? How did you buy it in the first place, just straight out from the store?
    I bought both of them online.
    01-17-14 03:54 AM
    I bought both of them online.
    I just wanted yo know if you returned it to Verizon and they took it back?
    It wasn't clear what you did with the carrier branding infected Z30.

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-17-14 08:46 AM
    I just wanted yo know if you returned it to Verizon and they took it back?
    It wasn't clear what you did with the carrier branding infected Z30.

Sent from my LG-D800
    Oh sorry about that, was confused on your question. The first one with the branding I got off of Amazon. I knew it was for Verizon but I couldn't take the branding that was on it. Amazon's return policy is great so I got to return it with no questions asked.

The second one I got from Negri Electronics. It was a little more expensive but I've found that as I travel I get LTE in a lot of places that I wouldn't have before and I know it doesn't bother some people but I hate carrier branding on phones, especially when Verizon splashes it on the front and back of the phone.
    01-17-14 08:57 AM
    Oh sorry about that, was confused on your question. The first one with the branding I got off of Amazon. I knew it was for Verizon but I couldn't take the branding that was on it. Amazon's return policy is great so I got to return it with no questions asked.

The second one I got from Negri Electronics. It was a little more expensive but I've found that as I travel I get LTE in a lot of places that I wouldn't have before and I know it doesn't bother some people but I hate carrier branding on phones, especially when Verizon splashes it on the front and back of the phone.
    Thanks.
    So you went with Amazon (Amazon.com: BlackBerry Z30, Black (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories) which is now showing $619, sure, it's great that we get that return policy but if someone is OK with the branding VZ is showing it at $550 on their website now (Set Your Location). It says Month to Month, but it doesn't say activation required. It's just that Negri is great since they got all those different models (Telus, Bell, etc..) I just feel a bit on the edge with them not having a phone number or exact address and just say "we are located in Las Vegas" and no warranty from BB. Well, their credibility & reliability is a different topic.

Just want to mention that Blackberry's warranty department was actually excellent, I am not sure if they got the axe when BB laid off all those people, but when I had problems with my Playbook, they were extremely helpful and went out of their way to find solutions even though it was out of warranty and they tried to find ways to honor warranty.
    01-17-14 12:20 PM
    Quick update on this, I do in fact get LTE on AT&T with the model I got.
    01-19-14 05:32 PM
    Quick update on this, I do in fact get LTE on AT&T with the model I got.
    I am sorry if I missed it, can you tell us your location?
    And you bought This BlackBerry Z30 (Bell) (Unlocked) (Black) right?
    01-19-14 06:23 PM
    I am sorry if I missed it, can you tell us your location?
    And you bought This BlackBerry Z30 (Bell) (Unlocked) (Black) right?
    There is one LTE band AT&T sometimes, albeit rarely I believe, that is on the Verizon model and one of the other ones. So a few folks have gotten LTE in some locations but its not common.

01-19-14 06:31 PM
    There is one LTE band AT&T sometimes, albeit rarely I believe, that is on the Verizon model and one of the other ones. So a few folks have gotten LTE in some locations but its not common.

AFAIK raino said STL100-5 is more compatible and you are more likely to pickup AT&T LTE with it in contrast to STL100-3. If I am not mistaken, donnation had -3 and he returned and got -5 now he is getting LTE, unless he hasn't been to those places with -3 to do an even comparison.

If -3 and -5 was exact same thin with AT&T LTE bands compatibility, I don't think anyone would pay much more, and without warranty, for Bell models. Sure, labeling is ugly but it's not no-warranty ugly.
    01-19-14 06:42 PM
    AFAIK raino said STL100-5 is more compatible and you are more likely to pickup AT&T LTE with it in contrast to STL100-3. If I am not mistaken, donnation had -3 and he returned and got -5 now he is getting LTE, unless he hasn't been to those places with -3 to do an even comparison.

If -3 and -5 was exact same thin with AT&T LTE bands compatibility, I don't think anyone would pay much more, and without warranty, for Bell models. Sure, labeling is ugly but it's not no-warranty ugly.
    I didn't mean to imply they were the "exact same", but rather I thought I read someone said the got LTE with the Verizon model as well on the AT&T network. Not having one to rest myself I don't know if any of the LTE bands of the STA100-3 will work on AT&T.
    In looking at the bands, it looks like LTE band 5 is shared between the STA100-1 (which has the same LTE bands as the AT&T Z10 STL100-3) and the STA100-5:
    http://nerdberry.net/2013/09/18/blac...ing-6-devices/
    So I would bet it's LTE band 5 showing success for the AT&T users using the STA100-5. Again I don't know if AT&T has some locations that support the bands of the STA100-3.

01-19-14 07:10 PM

I believe with the STA100-3 on Verizon you can get lucky if your area has the 1700Mhz band and with the STA100-5 you get the chance of besides the 1700Mhz band to also possibly have 850Mhz in your area. I feel with things I have read and my Radar O'Reily feeling that the STA100-1 having gone through FCC on December 20 with AT&T bands that is will be here in a few weeks. Crossing my fingers!
    01-19-14 07:16 PM
    Hello. I've got a Verizon z30 on AT&T and the visual voice mail works just fine. I had it set up on my Z10 and after installing 1925 leak I restored my 30 from the 10 using BlackBerry Link.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    manonthemoon likes this.
    01-19-14 07:29 PM
214 ... 45678 ...