The battery in my beloved Z30 is bulging to the point that it has actually cracked (slightly) the hard outer shell of my OtterBox Commuter series case. I'm getting concerned. If I were to have the battery replaced, would I experience any loss of data and/or loss of my current settings?

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable, factory unlocked  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    08-08-18 11:06 AM
    Never ever use a cracked battery ( even slightly ) , its really dangerous .
    08-08-18 12:10 PM
    Never ever use a cracked battery ( even slightly ) , its really dangerous .
    Thanks for the obvious tip but it doesn't really answer my question.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable, factory unlocked  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    08-08-18 12:18 PM
    No, you would not lose any of ur data when replacing ur battery, but anytime you have your phone serviced you should backup first regardless.
    08-08-18 11:53 PM
    You won't lose the settings or any data if you replace the battery. But replace that thing right away and do it yourself. You can get one cheap on ebay and it's incredibly easy to replace. All you need is a T4 screwdriver. There's no adhesive at all. It's one of the easiest phones ever to disassemble.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-18 12:06 AM
    You won't lose the settings or any data if you replace the battery. But replace that thing right away and do it yourself. You can get one cheap on ebay and it's incredibly easy to replace. All you need is a T4 screwdriver. There's no adhesive at all. It's one of the easiest phones ever to disassemble.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I would absolutely hate to lose my settings and/or any data. It's good to know that disconnecting from a power supply won't cause any loss.

08-09-18 01:36 AM
    No, you would not lose any of ur data when replacing ur battery, but anytime you have your phone serviced you should backup first regardless.
    Thanks for the answer. It's a pain in the *** for me to properly back up my Z30 ever since BlackBerry Link stopped working with Windows 10. The closest thing I have to Link is Ultimate Backup but it doesn't backup settings.

08-09-18 01:45 AM
    Thanks for the answer. It's a pain in the *** for me to properly back up my Z30 ever since BlackBerry Link stopped working with Windows 10. The closest thing I have to Link is Ultimate Backup but it doesn't backup settings.

Try Darcy Tools for a backup. Worked well for me last time I tried.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-18 10:26 PM
    Try Darcy Tools for a backup. Worked well for me last time I tried.

Posted via CB10
    Did Darcy Tools back up everything including all settings?

08-11-18 12:25 AM
    Did you replace the battery yourself? If so, how did it go? I'm in the same situation. Where did you get a replacement battery?
    08-25-18 03:33 PM
    Did Darcy Tools back up everything including all settings?

Sorry about my delayed response!

I recently used a Darcy backup when I switched from a Q10 to a Classic. I can confirm that, yes, all settings and apps were migrated over successfully.

**Addendum**: the only thing i lost was an app that I sideloaded as a bar file. I think that's commonplace as I recall it happening before. But all other native and Android apps were there.
    Last edited by mh1983; 09-20-18 at 10:25 AM.
    09-19-18 04:10 PM
    Did you replace the battery yourself? If so, how did it go? I'm in the same situation. Where did you get a replacement battery?
    Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I had a local Repair shop replace it. Cost me $35. My Z30 did have adhesive underneath the battery which gave some trouble but they worked it out & slipped the new battery in there. The media buttons on the side must be positioned just right or they will rattle with phone movement. I think they have some tiny foam padding around them inside to minimize vibration & rattling. I got the replacement battery from a seller on Amazon US for about $10 which included the entire chassis assembly with it. I just used the battery though. Now my Z30 has a fresh brand new battery with no bulging & much improved battery life.
    09-19-18 04:39 PM
    Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I had a local Repair shop replace it. Cost me $35. My Z30 did have adhesive underneath the battery which gave some trouble but they worked it out & slipped the new battery in there. The media buttons on the side must be positioned just right or they will rattle with phone movement. I think they have some tiny foam padding around them inside to minimize vibration & rattling. I got the replacement battery from a seller on Amazon US for about $10 which included the entire chassis assembly with it. I just used the battery though. Now my Z30 has a fresh brand new battery with no bulging & much improved battery life.
    I didn't lose any data or setting either which made me really happy.
    09-19-18 04:39 PM
    i have in my white one, its very easy to do and no data, settings or anything loss. you can replace your battery in under 15 minutes and be up and running quick again.
    09-23-18 10:53 AM
    www.etradesupply.com is maybe the best place to buy your new battery from, it will arrive in a couple days from hong kong, it will already be installed in the center section of the z30 so this way you wont have to mess with the adhesive taking the old battery out of and you will also have a new shiny chin piece to make your z30 look fresh and new out of the box.
    09-23-18 11:00 AM
    I didn't lose any data or setting either which made me really happy.
    Glad to hear you didn't lose any data Dark Knight. To answer your earlier questions however, both Darcy's BB Tools and Sachesi will do full backups including settings. Both work well under Windows 10.
    10-17-18 09:12 PM
    Glad to hear you didn't lose any data Dark Knight. To answer your earlier questions however, both Darcy's BB Tools and Sachesi will do full backups including settings. Both work well under Windows 10.
    Darcy did apps + settings for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-18 10:08 PM