I see that several sellers on ebay are selling the z30 in white on ebay and even the blackberry US store is selling it in white. Is it possible to get a white z30 to work on Verizon network and still be fully capable to support 4G LTE and have all the functionality of Verizon network?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:47 AM
    Simple answer: no

Verizon will not allow "non-approved" devices on their network. While you can get around this in some cases and force them to activate some devices, the Z30 is not one of them.
    04-06-14 12:17 PM
    Simple answer: no

Verizon will not allow "non-approved" devices on their network. While you can get around this in some cases and force them to activate some devices, the Z30 is not one of them.
    The joys of monopolies, eh?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-06-14 12:21 PM
    The joys of monopolies, eh?
    It's more about CDMA network technology, although Verizon doesn't necessarily play nice either. As a general rule (and this is way OT...I know ) Verizon and probably Sprint just does not activate non-branded devices (i.e. ones whose IMEIs they don't have.) But now, with LTE band 13 devices, they have to activate them...but don't necessarily. So what probably 99.9% of the people do, is give them a fake IMEI (i.e. a Verizon device's, like a floor model lol) and get done with it. In one case I have read about a guy claiming that he actually escalated it to Verizon legal to remind them about their obligations under the 700 MHz spectrum purchase and got them to activate his device that way. But this would probably be rare and in between.

Back on topic, unfortunately for the OP, neither the Z30 -2 nor the -5 have band 13.
    04-06-14 12:40 PM
    The more things change . . .

Reminds me of AT&T in the 1960s.

We need another Carterfone case. In 1968, the FCC ruled that BIG T could not unreasonably deny connections of devices to its network.
    04-06-14 12:57 PM