Just pulled the trigger on a White Z30. I've been reading about the slippery back cover. Many have suggested using the leather flip case. I was wondering if anyone thought of putting something like the Xtremeguard full body protector on. The piece that goes on the back is the same as the screen protector on the front. Wouldn't that give it a bit more grip without adding any bulk?
    11-26-14 08:39 PM
    Might work. But I always use a case so never been an issue for me.
    12-05-14 11:55 AM
    Just pulled the trigger on a White Z30. I've been reading about the slippery back cover. Many have suggested using the leather flip case. I was wondering if anyone thought of putting something like the Xtremeguard full body protector on. The piece that goes on the back is the same as the screen protector on the front. Wouldn't that give it a bit more grip without adding any bulk?
    They do have the outer box for it. Check ebay

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    12-05-14 12:54 PM
    Took advantage of the Black Friday $225 Z30 deal intending to replace my wife's Q10 for Christmas...thought I'd order the white version since I have the black... Anyway, I just received it and my first reaction is that the white version looks like a cheaper incarnation of itself! The back is a thin sheet of flimsy plastic; in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd guess it was a third party cheap replacement back. And like I read elsewhere, the white boarder around the screen does seem to take a bit of the outstanding contrast (optical illusion?) that I've so much enjoyed about my existing black Z30.

That said, I previously took advantage of the close out prices of the black and white leather OEM flip cases, currently around $5 ($45 originally) on Amazon and they both look quite good and dress up the phone. Interestingly, I think the black case looks best. Of course, to your point, the flip cases add a bit of bulk to the phone, but they're sure sharp and probably will fit better in a wife's purse than a guy's pocket.

Hopefully my wife likes the phone as much as I have...she hasn't been ready to give up her Q10 keyboard, but she complains about the screen constantly...though I cannot justify more than the $225 I've already spent!

PS I just saw the white OEM leather pocket for the Z30 for $3.99!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:42 PM
    I very much recommend the leather flip case. It makes the phone easy to grip on both sides. It also has some added protection since the back piece is a bit thicker.
    Once I learned how to fold back the flip, I feel like my LG Optimus G is naked when I grab it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:03 PM
    Took advantage of the Black Friday $225 Z30 deal intending to replace my wife's Q10 for Christmas...thought I'd order the white version since I have the black... Anyway, I just received it and my first reaction is that the white version looks like a cheaper incarnation of itself! The back is a thin sheet of flimsy plastic; in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd guess it was a third party cheap replacement back. And like I read elsewhere, the white boarder around the screen does seem to take a bit of the outstanding contrast (optical illusion?) that I've so much enjoyed about my existing black Z30.

That said, I previously took advantage of the close out prices of the black and white leather OEM flip cases, currently around $5 ($45 originally) on Amazon and they both look quite good and dress up the phone. Interestingly, I think the black case looks best. Of course, to your point, the flip cases add a bit of bulk to the phone, but they're sure sharp and probably will fit better in a wife's purse than a guy's pocket.

Hopefully my wife likes the phone as much as I have...she hasn't been ready to give up her Q10 keyboard, but she complains about the screen constantly...though I cannot justify more than the $225 I've already spent!

Posted via CB10
    Lucky! I'm from Canada and the prices are nowhere close to what you've posted

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I ordered 2 Z30's back in the summer for me and a colleague, Black for me and he got the White one.
    I have to agree that the white Z30's do feel "cheaper" because of that terrible back. Colleagues is now all beat up, nicked, scuffed and dirty, while my back is still in perfect condition, and just screams premium with the black glass weave! It's really too bad BlackBerry didn't spend some time to make something better with the white.
    As for you and the wife, my wife was still using her Z10 when I upgraded to the Z30, now she has the PASSPORT and now I'm the one wanting to upgrade lol. Still love my Z30, and the speakers are still better than the PASSPORT to my surprise, but the screen on the PASSPORT is just stunning!

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    12-07-14 12:29 AM