I'm not sure if it was the case (Otterbox Defender) the phone or both. This weekend, my nephew spilled bubbles (Soapy water) onto the table I had the phone sitting screen up and somehow between the case and the phone it sucked up the liquid like a sponge. I picked up the phone as soon as I saw it but a puddle was formed under the case. To my surprise after removing the otterbox which had the tabs closed, I was pouring liquid from the ports, . Worst part was the phone began rebooting itself repeatedly and without the removable battery I was unable to stop it. After a 48 hour dry in silica the screen has a dead spot in the bottom center where I'd swipe up to minimize an app and the external speakers are shot. Fortunately it is otherwise functioning normally and I can recover everything on the phone. The Liquid was not poured directly onto the phone.

My phones are bound to be water damaged eventually, I breed tropical fish as a side business and is never more than a few feet from an aquarium. My 9630 was awesome, it went swimming in two lakes and 4 fish tanks in the 4 years I had it. It always recovered 100%

Anyway, I'd really like to see a water proof Z30 case since it is clearly not as bullet proof as my 9630 was.
    Last edited by Nabob_Mob; 02-12-14 at 01:38 PM.
    02-12-14 12:14 PM
    02-12-14 12:55 PM
    Thank you I've seen those but would really like find something that is a little more than a heavy duty zip lock bag.
    FrankIAm and ThunderShock2005 like this.
    02-12-14 01:32 PM
    Thank you I've seen those but would really like find something that is a little more than a heavy duty zip lock bag.
    Ni popularity = no accessories.
    Sorry, but there is no waterproof case, and there probably won't be.

I also wished case selection was bigger, or even considerable.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-12-14 01:40 PM
    Zip Lock bag?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:46 PM
    Ni popularity = no accessories.
    Sorry, but there is no waterproof case, and there probably won't be.

I also wished case selection was bigger, or even considerable.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel

agreed
    02-12-14 01:48 PM
    Well you did say waterPROOF. They are as good as it gets, the next level down is the Otterbox which has already been demonstrated to be inadequate when challenged by child with soapy water.

Much as it hurts to suggest non-BlackBerry I think you may need to consider a device which is inherently waterproof with a proper IP rating for your work environment. I saw an interesting video recently with a phone completely immersed in a tank of water. I forget which device but Sony or LG come to mind as possibles. I'm sure it was one of the better known Far East manufacturers.
    02-12-14 03:58 PM
    Hi Nabob, I too am interested in water protection for my phones. At the moment what I know is the company Liquipel waterproofs the Z10 and Q10. I am waiting to see if they offer protection for the Z30. What they do is coat the internals of the device. It is not a case. You can check them out at www.liquipel.com.

Now for an outter waterproof case, I have found Krusell cases. They offer universal waterproof cases. They offer a 3XL case but from what I feel through a little homework was that the Z30 will not fit well, if at all. I have sent them a request for a new larger case that will universally house the more common 5" devices on the market today. I suggest you, well everyone that see's this for that matter, to visit both sites to let the manufacturers know that there is a market for BlackBerry devices. And in this case, more specifically, the Z30. Www.krusellcases.com. FYI, on the contacts page, you will find many contact info for various countries. Find the info/email link that applies to you.

Hope this info helps everyone.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    Nabob_Mob likes this.
    02-12-14 04:54 PM
    Well you did say waterPROOF. They are as good as it gets, the next level down is the Otterbox which has already been demonstrated to be inadequate when challenged by child with soapy water.

Much as it hurts to suggest non-BlackBerry I think you may need to consider a device which is inherently waterproof with a proper IP rating for your work environment. I saw an interesting video recently with a phone completely immersed in a tank of water. I forget which device but Sony or LG come to mind as possibles. I'm sure it was one of the better known Far East manufacturers.
    One of the latest Samsung Galaxies has built-in water protection. That might be what you seen. And on that device, it has the Liquipel technology coating.

02-12-14 04:57 PM
    UPDATE : just talked to CS repp at Liquipel and she said at this time they have no testing being done for the Z30. And that the way they offer their protection is based on demand. She told me to fill out a Custom Coating Service response (that is located on the Custom Service / Contact Us page) that will get forwarded to the engineers to review.

So I suggest everyone to do this.

02-12-14 05:16 PM
    UPDATE : just talked to CS repp at Liquipel and she said at this time they have no testing being done for the Z30. And that the way they offer their protection is based on demand. She told me to fill out a Custom Coating Service response (that is located on the Custom Service / Contact Us page) that will get forwarded to the engineers to review.

So I suggest everyone to do this.

Done! Thank you

One of the latest Samsung Galaxies has built-in water protection. That might be what you seen. And on that device, it has the Liquipel technology coating.

Kyocera also has a new waterproof model available. It's not bad based on feedback from a coworker.

Hi Nabob, I too am interested in water protection for my phones. At the moment what I know is the company Liquipel waterproofs the Z10 and Q10. I am waiting to see if they offer protection for the Z30. What they do is coat the internals of the device. It is not a case. You can check them out at www.liquipel.com.

Now for an outter waterproof case, I have found Krusell cases. They offer universal waterproof cases. They offer a 3XL case but from what I feel through a little homework was that the Z30 will not fit well, if at all. I have sent them a request for a new larger case that will universally house the more common 5" devices on the market today. I suggest you, well everyone that see's this for that matter, to visit both sites to let the manufacturers know that there is a market for BlackBerry devices. And in this case, more specifically, the Z30. Select Your Country - Expansys.com UK. FYI, on the contacts page, you will find many contact info for various countries. Find the info/email link that applies to you.

Thanks for the info, I see Liquipel also has cases so perhaps enough demand for both????
    02-12-14 05:42 PM
    Zip lock freezer bags. Use them when I go anywhere near water or sand on my travels to protect.

Posted via My rocking Droidberry Z30 on CB Forums
    02-12-14 09:02 PM
    Zip lock freezer bags. Use them when I go anywhere near water or sand on my travels to protect.

Posted via My rocking Droidberry Z30 on CB Forums
    I use them all the time as well. Best and cheapest water proof option.

Posted with Z30 on Verizon.
    02-12-14 09:39 PM
    02-13-14 07:02 AM
    Lmao!! I REFUSE to have my phone in public in a zip lock bag. Even if it is name brand!! Lol. I'll pay the $60 for Liquipel protection and get a universal pouch first.

02-13-14 03:05 PM
    Lmao!! I REFUSE to have my phone in public in a zip lock bag. Even if it is name brand!! Lol. I'll pay the $60 for Liquipel protection and get a universal pouch first.

LOL I'm with you not since my 8100 Pearl have I carried my phone in a ziplock (Stupid trackball falling out)

Liquipel did respond stating the Z30 is untested and they will not warranty it but they will do it. Wonder what the turn around time is to get it done?
    02-13-14 03:29 PM
    LOL I'm with you not since my 8100 Pearl have I carried my phone in a ziplock (Stupid trackball falling out)

Liquipel did respond stating the Z30 is untested and they will not warranty it but they will do it. Wonder what the turn around time is to get it done?
    Turn around is shown as shipping options on their website.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:59 PM

Well without any delays, I know it's 2 days time to get the phone done. Add shipping to and from, and that'll give you a good idea.

02-14-14 01:03 AM
    Came across someone recommending a DandyCase that sells on Amazon. I just ordered 3 of them. 1 for my Q and 2 for our Z30's. Cost was $12 for Z30's, $13 for Q.

Will be here. By end of month. I'll update with pics when they arrive.

NOTE: search "Dandycase iphone 5" for Z30 size. "Dandycase iphone 4" for Q10 size.

02-16-14 05:13 AM
    I live not but 10 min from the liquipel hq and it said walking welcome. Good to know they will do it but Aren't responsible. Das why there's insurance. Has anyone done it yet? At least on the z30? And not a fan of the dandy cases. Again going back to the zip lock bag zone.

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-14 10:28 PM
    Gosh I wish life proof would just make a z30 case already

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    04-23-14 11:43 PM
    Good news to anyone wondering if they will do on the z30. Although it was stated I'll just post it. I got this email about 10 min ago
    Where is a Water Proof Z30 case?-img_20140424_103856.png

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-24-14 01:00 PM
    I reached out to Lifeproof awhile back and they quickly stated they would not be making a case for the Z30. I am now reaching out to Otterbox to consider making a waterproof case since they do make non-waterproof cases for the Z30. I think anyone interested in a waterproof case should reach out to Otterbox and let them know we want one.
    07-08-14 03:25 PM
    Snack sized zip lock bag fits my Z30 perfectly.

Posted with my Z30 from CB10
    07-08-14 06:23 PM