I downloaded the "1000 best ringtones" app from bb world and it tells me that once they are downloaded they are in the "music directory". I can't find them anywhere in my music files???? Where do they go?
    05-28-14 09:01 AM
    Did you try device memory/music?
    05-28-14 09:14 AM
    where do i find that? Sorry - newbie.
    05-28-14 02:26 PM
    Do you want to locate it or change your ring tone?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 02:35 PM
    locate where they downloaded to
    05-28-14 02:40 PM
    If you know the name of one of the ringtones you could just use the search from the home screen to search your device.
    05-28-14 02:48 PM
    I tried that and nothing came up. When they download i get a message that says they are in the "music directory".
    05-28-14 03:05 PM
    I tried that and nothing came up. When they download i get a message that says they are in the "music directory".
    Open up file manager app. That's the first thing you have to do. FILE MANAGER.

When the File Manager app is opened you are usually given two options of where to choose from: either the SD card or the Device. Each one of them has their own set of folders (one is internal memory and the other is external).

So I recommend you pick SD card first and then check the music folder. That is the music directory.
    If you don't find it there then check in the device folder, then go to the music folder in there (internal memory). That is also the music directory.

The cons of having a file manager (which a lot of new phones are ditching, sadly) is that the files aren't organized for you.
    The pros of having a file manager is you have complete control of how you want to organize them which makes things much easier once it's all set and done.

Edit: This is a quick video on file manager basics if you have time to watch.

It also helps if you mention which app is it to double-check for you if the files are really being downloaded or not.
    05-28-14 03:32 PM
    Wow! Thank you for taking the time to do that, Qaddafi! That sounded like it would've worked, but for some reason I only have a device folder and don't have the device icon on the bottom left of the screen when I open file manager. The person at the store transferred everything from my Bold when I bought the Z30. Would that have anything to do with it?
    05-29-14 07:56 AM
    Probably means you don't have an SD card installed.
    05-29-14 08:48 AM