I am one week into my new Z30 and i'm loving most things about it. The size and touch screen are a huge change for me coming off of a Bold 9650. I truly do miss my old BBM notifier...the *dingle dingle* one. (Sorry, that's the best way I can describe it and i'm laughing as I read it!) Can I download my more familiar notifier onto my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:40 PM
    09-10-14 05:11 PM
    Great! Thank you! I downloaded and unzipped it in my Downloads folder on my device....now how do I make the one I want my notifier? I played around with it for a bit but can figure out how to either drop it into the default BBM notifier folder or link to it to make it my default notifier.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:29 AM
    settings, notifications, scroll to the bottom and pick applications
    09-12-14 09:40 AM
    I know how to get to the current settings for notifications, but I don't know how to use the one in my Downloads folder. Using Browse doesn't put up the file I want to use.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:48 AM
    Are you sure you're in the right folder? I don't have any issues going to mine.
    09-12-14 10:06 AM
    I know how to get to the current settings for notifications, but I don't know how to use the one in my Downloads folder. Using Browse doesn't put up the file I want to use.

Posted via CB10
    Use the Browse Tones option.
    When on the Notification-Tones screen, tap the little icon in the lower left, this brings up your device location option.
    You can then navigate to the device then folder then file you want.
    For a more visual explanation, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10806443
    It is a post explaining how to change download location, however the way you navigate the device and folders when adding a Notification tone is the same.

If you still can not see the file you want, it is either being displayed by it's meta name or is the wrong file format.
    Meta name generally means what the file was titled when encoded to the audio format, it may not be the same as the file name. For example, my BBM chat tone is the Farnsworth tone from the Warehouse 13 TV show. The file name is farnsworth1.mp3, however it shows up in my tone list as WH13F2.

For the wrong format, if your file you downloaded is still packaged in the archive format, like a ZIP file, you will need to extract the contents before the device will see the audio files.
    Also some user made tone archives have been created for both iPhone and all other devices. iPhone tone files are different than Blackberry, so you device may not recognize the iPhone format. Make sure you unpacked and saved the correct device tone files for your device.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 09-12-14 at 10:17 AM.
    09-12-14 10:06 AM