Hey everyone. I'm looking for a place to buy an unlocked Z30 with the proper bands for T-Mobile USA. Does anyone know an online source for those specific versions? Shipping to the USA would be ideal, but I have family in Switzerland, so euro only shipping is fine too. I'm pretty sure that what's on ebay and gsmnation doesn't work with t-mobile usa. Thanks for the help. James
    10-13-13 03:26 PM
    The North American version hasn't been released yet. The European version is missing TMO's LTE bands, and only has the 1900 MHz UMTS band that TMO uses in its refarmed markets.
    JJStripes likes this.
    10-13-13 03:28 PM
    The North American version hasn't been released yet. The European version is missing TMO's LTE bands, and only has the 1900 MHz UMTS band that TMO uses in its refarmed markets.
    I take it those are significant omissions? It sounds like the NA one is coming out on the 15th. Will what comes out on the 15th be the right one?
    10-13-13 03:35 PM
    I take it those are significant omissions? It sounds like the NA one is coming out on the 15th. Will what comes out on the 15th be the right one?
    The 1900 is still, for the time being, secondary to 1700 for UMTS on TMO, so you'd definitely want the 1700 MHz band for 3G/HSPA+ usage.

I'm not sure where you have heard the (October?) 15th rumor. Regardless, things are a bit up in the air, but there seems to only one North American GSM variant of the Z30.
    JJStripes likes this.
    10-13-13 03:46 PM
    I'm still waiting on Tmo for any news on the Z30, has anyone tried contacting them directly to ask?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 10-13-13 at 10:01 PM.
    10-13-13 09:41 PM
    I'm still waiting on Tmo for any news on the Z30, has anyone tried contacting them directly to ask?

Posted via CB10
    no store has any bb's anymore - all have to be ordered online - give them a call
    10-14-13 11:26 PM
    I've called, TMO. Nothing. Zilp. Zitch. Nadda.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:57 AM
    I've called, TMO. Nothing. Zilp. Zitch. Nadda.

Posted via CB10
    That sucks...I hope they don't try to pull a Rogers on us...

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    10-15-13 06:11 AM
    That sucks...I hope they don't try to pull a Rogers on us...

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I'll flip out on them and end up on the evening news...LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:28 PM
    OK...I have some information that may interest some people. Here are the Telus Z30's specs:

Where to buy Z30 for T-Mob USA?-telus.png

That AWS (band 4) for LTE, and 1700 MHz (band II) and AWS (band IV) for 4G (HSPA) are what TMO uses. So you might want to get this phone.

Interestingly enough, Bell does not list AWS (band IV) in its UMTS listings. Whether it's an omission on Bell's part or whether their model really doesn't have it, I don't know.
    10-15-13 07:59 PM
    OK...I have some information that may interest some people. Here are the Telus Z30's specs:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telus.png 
Views:	598 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	210898

That AWS (band 4) for LTE, and 1700 MHz (band II) and AWS (band IV) for 4G (HSPA) are what TMO uses. So you might want to get this phone.

Interestingly enough, Bell does not list AWS (band IV) in its UMTS listings. Whether it's an omission on Bell's part or whether their model really doesn't have it, I don't know.

Nobody responded in last 3 weeks, I have the same question and I am also looking for the T-Mo 4G (and T-Mo LTE) band compatible Z30.
    What about other Canada versions, is there one that's compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE?
    Do we know which model # works with which USA carrier? What about the one Verizon is planning to release, is that GSM+CDMA combined?
    11-09-13 11:32 PM
    Nobody responded in last 3 weeks, I have the same question and I am also looking for the T-Mo 4G (and T-Mo LTE) band compatible Z30.
    What about other Canada versions, is there one that's compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE?
    Do we know which model # works with which USA carrier? What about the one Verizon is planning to release, is that GSM+CDMA combined?
    The information listed in that screenshot isn't quite correct. The Telus Z30 STA100-5 (any Canadian carrier's Z30) does not have the LTE 700 (band 17) band that AT&T uses. The STA100-5 is fully compatible with T-Mobile's networks though. There is no Z30 version currently being sold that's compatible with the AT&T LTE network.

The Verizon version will be STA100-3, and it will be compatible with AT&T's 3G/HSPA+ network, TMO's LTE network, and TMO's refarmed UMTS 1900 network.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-10-13 12:39 AM
    STA100-3 vs STA100-5? What's the major difference between the two?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:50 AM
    STA100-3 vs STA100-5? What's the major difference between the two?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/

Also, the -3 is the only model with built-in wireless charging.
    11-10-13 01:14 AM
    The information listed in that screenshot isn't quite correct. The Telus Z30 STA100-5 (any Canadian carrier's Z30) does not have the LTE 700 (band 17) band that AT&T uses. The STA100-5 is fully compatible with T-Mobile's networks though. There is no Z30 version currently being sold that's compatible with the AT&T LTE network.

The Verizon version will be STA100-3, and it will be compatible with AT&T's 3G/HSPA+ network, TMO's LTE network, and TMO's refarmed UMTS 1900 network.
    Thanks. So, under any circumstance, AT&T users are out of luck with LTE.

Do other Canadian carriers sell different model numbers. Just want to know that so in case I get a Z30 from Canada, I know I will get the correct one in case it's not Telus. Or do they all sell #-5?

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 01:29 AM
    Do other Canadian carriers sell different model numbers. Just want to know that so in case I get a Z30 from Canada, I know I will get the correct one in case it's not Telus. Or do they all sell #-5?
    They (carriers) all sell the -5.
    11-10-13 01:38 AM
    I have been using the Z30 STA100-5 on T-Mobile USA for about a week now. It has all the compatible bands including LTE for T-Mobile USA. I purchased it at GSM Nations for $599.00.
    11-10-13 06:02 AM
    I have been using the Z30 STA100-5 on T-Mobile USA for about a week now. It has all the compatible bands including LTE for T-Mobile USA. I purchased it at GSM Nations for $599.00.
    That's a very good price!

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 10:01 AM
    How has the device performed on the T Mobiles network so far? I know this model supports T Mobile LTE bands so how are the LTE speeds so far? In addition, how easy is it to get the device setup on T Mobile's network? Thanks.
    11-11-13 06:08 AM
    How has the device performed on the T Mobiles network so far? I know this model supports T Mobile LTE bands so how are the LTE speeds so far? In addition, how easy is it to get the device setup on T Mobile's network? Thanks.
    I had asked the same questions and another members response it is running like a champ with full LTE in spots where it is supported. Also, in terms of setup there is not much all you have to do it get the sim chip from TMobile get a data plan and your off and running. When I asked for this information the other forum member sent me screen shots off the z30 showing full LTE signal strength and a screen shot of the frequencies it is supporting. I am suppose to be geting my z30 on Wed, hopefully sooner, and post more online.
    11-11-13 01:11 PM
    I rec'd my Telus STA100-5 model Thursday. Once I got it unlocked plugged in my T-Mobile sim card and all works wonders. So far the signal matches my Z10 STL100-3 model just fine. I am getting 4GLTE and the HSPA+ variant of 4G as well. Hope this helps.
    11-11-13 02:14 PM
    Thanks! I really appreciate the responses. I am really close to getting an unlocked device. The only other concern I have is a manufacture's warranty. What will you do if you need to replace the device? I understand gsmnation does not have a manufacture's warranty for Blackberries for some stupid reason.
    11-11-13 02:35 PM