The rumoured 64bit Octa core, 4GB Ram and 1080p BlackBerry 10 high end phone rumour better be real. It doesn't have to be octa core it can be quad core with 3GB Ram. By end of Q3 this year I might be tempted to get the Xperia Z2 if the BlackBerry high end phone is still not confirmed. I don't care about the Z3, it's a low end device. I want something superb, like the Z30 but better.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    03-12-14 02:19 AM
    Sounds like you want specs but specs will just cause buyers remorse every time because specs aren't everything. All the silly gimmicks don't mean squat either, I'll be honest Apple does it right, if BlackBerry could do like Apple except focus on its strengths then the company might have a chance.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Thalestr, NtotheK, Spawn12 and 1 others like this.
    03-12-14 03:02 AM
    BB doesn't do it that way. Z30 will be available for a long time. They just keep adding new models. BB hasn't said anything about the Octa Monster, rumour has. They have hinted about new models though.
    03-12-14 03:18 AM
    Sounds like you want specs but specs will just cause buyers remorse every time because specs aren't everything. All the silly gimmicks don't mean squat either, I'll be honest Apple does it right, if BlackBerry could do like Apple except focus on its strengths then the company might have a chance.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    The only spec items that I wanna see is a 1080p screen and a bigger battery. The rest are juts nice to haves.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    03-12-14 08:24 AM
    Bigger battery? My Z30 lasts all day. I do understand wanting an upgraded screen.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    03-12-14 08:50 AM
    If you want octave core etc. I'd just move on. BlackBerry are not high in terms of specs. I'd think the next z30 style phone will be up to bat at the end of the year/early next year

Posted via my Z30
    03-12-14 08:54 AM
    The rumoured 64bit Octa core, 4GB Ram and 1080p BlackBerry 10 high end phone rumour better be real. It doesn't have to be octa core it can be quad core with 3GB Ram. By end of Q3 this year I might be tempted to get the Xperia Z2 if the BlackBerry high end phone is still not confirmed. I don't care about the Z3, it's a low end device. I want something superb, like the Z30 but better.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    Not for a long time (at least 6-8 months) Z30 is a beast as it is right now. Let's focus on Z3 and Q20 first and then maybe when they have some more innovative technology or features not just a pissing contest for PPI.

P.S battery on the Z30 is already great not sure why you think you need anything more unless you want to engineer a better battery and convince the consumers it's worth paying for. With BlackBerry right now it's all about the priorities, not sure another full touch device makes the cut.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:17 AM
    The rumoured ...[Z30 successor]... I want something superb, like the Z30 but better.
    Succinct...serious...sublime.

Unchallengeble, too.

OP's demand reflects the reality of the personal technology markets.

Firms that can meet the demands will make mucho profits. Firms which cannot meet the demands, or who question their validity, will be also-rans.
    03-12-14 02:56 PM
    Chen did say BlackBerry is preparing a device the will steal android and ios users...and he was not talking about the Q20 or 3....

Posted via CB10
    zocster and 00stryder like this.
    03-12-14 11:40 PM
    All this quad core octa core is rubbish it's just hype
    To entice u in.

Most apps are only Optimized for dual core anyway my z30
    Is fast smooth all ready, without the gimmicks it does what it's supposed
    To do superbly well.

Don't be misled that quad core is better because it's not true if u want octa
    Core buy a laptop if u want a fantastic phone buy a z30.
    Nels likes this.
    03-13-14 03:59 AM
    The sad truth is the general public has been fooled into thinking that the higher a phone is speced the better it is. So BlackBerry has no choice but to bring out a beast of a phone despite the OS not being optimized for eight cores etc.

Z30 and loving it!
    03-13-14 12:23 PM
    The sad truth is the general public has been fooled into thinking that the higher a phone is speced the better it is. So BlackBerry has no choice but to bring out a beast of a phone despite the OS not being optimized for eight cores etc.

Z30 and loving it!
    Technically speaking a quad core can be optimised for better battery use while providing more processing power on demand than a dual core. If number of cores didn't matter, the entry level BlackBerry 10 phones like Q5 and the upcoming Z3 and Q20 were going to use a single core.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    03-13-14 01:37 PM
    Agreed, "killer specs" are overrated.

All I'd like to see on my Z30 are an even longer battery life (but no added weight), and a better, brighter more vivid screen.

Other than that, its a damn well near perfect.
    03-13-14 01:44 PM
    But to the OP's original question, is a Z30 successor coming out?

Had the Z10 since launch day, its great and now that the Z30 is free under contract I can go get one for $180 with the early upgrade penalty. But then I will have a $600 2 year flex tab for the Z30 being paid off at the rate of $25/month.

Would like longer battery life and a larger screen but I don't need it today if a newer device is on the Horizon...
    03-13-14 03:28 PM
    October November

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    03-13-14 04:03 PM
    I think 64 bit bb or any qualcomm processor will come next year. Those specs could be for next playbook! Actually battery should be better, look for example Lenovo P780 it has almost same dimesions and weight and has 4000mah battery and is also Li-pol....
    03-13-14 08:23 PM
    It sounds like the timing is going to work out for me perfect on att . The bad think is that I will miss the Z30 not get a chance to use one. att better be offering these phones too!
    03-13-14 08:51 PM
    Exactly 2 months before AT&T finally releases a Z30. Yes I am bitter. :-)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    03-13-14 09:15 PM

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    If you understood the way BB10 is built on QNX as a RTOS you'd realize the only thing an octacore will do is kill battery life. There is no need for an octacore at this point. Even a quad on BB10 would be overkill. BB10 is a much better multitasking operating system compared to android. There is no need to try and bruteforce multitasking like android or ios has to. BB10 handles it MUCH better than any other operating system at this time.

Read up on RTOS and the QNX kernel if you want to know more.
    03-13-14 10:31 PM
    I agree with you guys on the processor, you don't need to have the biggest one, but optimisation is important here. What I really need from a Z30 successor is an improved battery life and a nicer screen like an Xperia Z2 or S5.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    03-14-14 01:23 AM
    I agree with you guys on the processor, you don't need to have the biggest one, but optimisation is important here. What I really need from a Z30 successor is an improved battery life and a nicer screen like an Xperia Z2 or S5.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    Just curious, how many hours or days of use would you like to get out of the battery ?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 03:01 AM
    My understanding is the only committed phone for the US market is the Q20. But then they said they are working on another flagship to woo back customers?? Who knows. The Z3 is not a flagship. The Q20 is not mass market. So it almost makes me think they are looking to release an evolved Z30 type of phone. Looking at the Verizon reviews for the Z30 it appears people truly love that phone. Maybe BlackBerry is thinking a version with more aggressive hardware might be a good tactic. I hope so. That's my next phone if so. Heck I might buy the Z30 in the mean time.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-14-14 03:24 AM
    i love my BlackBerry Z30
    03-14-14 08:52 AM