01-05-14 11:24 AM
43 12
tools
    There are so many things in life that we can be frustrated at. But, currently I'm frustrated at BlackBerry and AT&T. I'm not sure who am more frustrated at, albeit frustrated nonetheless. I know Verizon have the Z30 for sale, and again, I'm a little frustrated with them, too. I've visited a few Verizon shops only to not find a demo unit, or any general stock of the Z30.

Why is that?

I went into an AT&T shop yesterday in Acworth, GA, to enquire about the BlackBerry Z30. I was told, "AT&T are not getting the Z30, and to be frank, BlackBerry now only sell to businesses..."

Oh, really; that's how AT&T force/convince people to get an iOS or Android device?

In addition to the poor marketing skills of BlackBerry, it is no wonder the likes of AT&T are not fully supporting BlackBerry. You can't even see a BlackBerry Q10 or Z10 in an AT&T shop, much less buy one in the shop. Having said that, AT&T certainly make the buying option available online.

The general public, carriers and the likes must get behind the likes of BlackBerry. Failing to do so will only aid in assisting less and less products and items being manufactured by BlackBerry.

So, with all that said, are we, the general public ever going to see:

1. The BlackBerry Z30 available from an AT&T shop or online?
    2. The BlackBerry Z30 available from other carriers besides Verizon?
    2. The BlackBerry Z30 available from BlackBerry Shop online and unlocked for GSM carriers?

Well, BlackBerry, AT&T, Verizon, and everyone else, please feel free to chime in. Go...
    Alicia Erlich likes this.
    12-13-13 01:10 PM
    one thing we have to understand is that BlackBerry is stryign to stabilize itself and trying to stop the bleeding of cash so it can rebuild itself, the enterprise sector has always been BBRYs strong suit and the part of the company that is most profitable. if BlackBerry begins to push in the consumer market and it does not gain traction then that is a cost that isn't going to help stop the bleeding, focus on enterprise right now maximize profits from it in order to hold things at a break even while they rebuild sell whatever stock pile of devices they have rather then pushing hard and increasing marketing and sales cost to the levels of hundreds of millions which will. BB10 has not made the impact that the company was hoping for so i don't see a hard push in the consumer end as being smart
    12-13-13 01:21 PM
    Good points...I have wondered the same thing. I am just still amazed how there has been zero marketing for the Z30. I mean atleast there were a couple commercials for the Q10 and Z10, but nothing for the Z30..I mean it's no wonder why the majority of people out there have no idea that BlackBerry 10 exist, and why most wouldn't dare try one.

Most AT&T reps I have talked to haven't even heard of the Z30, much less could tell me if they are going to carry the device. I use AT&T, but I have a Verizon Z30 that I use on AT&T. I haven't seen the Z30 displayed in Verizon stores either. I was even talking to a Verizon employee and she kept asking me if I meant the Z10, and kept trying to correct me lol...but I don't blame her. Anyway, just so many things that don't make sense.
    12-13-13 01:26 PM
    This is interesting how different AT&T stores and representatives are providing different information. A couple of weeks ago I had gone into the AT&T store in Roosevelt Field Mall, Garden City NY. They knew about the Z30, said the rep had been in and showed them the device, but they didn't have a release date because of the Verizon exclusivity.

Last week I had called customer support @ 611 and they said they were aware of the device but that it was "in process." I have no idea what that meant, I thought it might be that they were still testing and reviewing the device. All they knew was that there was no release date as of yet and that there was still the matter of the exclusivity by Verizon.

BlackBerry is hit or miss depending on the store. The Roosevelt Field location had removed all BB's (Q10 & Z10) from the shelf saying it did not sell. Yet the employees continued to wear the t-shirts (go figure). Then around October the Q10 was then placed on display again I'm assuming because of certain AT&T promotions that used the Q10 in the photos. However, in NYC, the two stores I visited had both on display. Although the rep google'd the Z30 and told me to buy an unlocked one from Canada.

I, for one, would love the see the variant compatible with AT&T's network (including LTE) available to buy direct from BlackBerry. As of now the variants on Bell, Telus, and other countries are not the one that will perfectly with it (thank you raino!). I spoke with shopblackberry and they stated there were no plans to sell the Z30 online until the new year.
    anon(153966) and manonthemoon like this.
    12-13-13 01:46 PM
    No Z30 in dutch stores but some internet site's/shops selling the phone and it seems that they doing nice business with the Z30.
    12-13-13 01:58 PM
    Didn't Sprint say they were going to carry a flagship BlackBerry (i.e. Z30) later in the year? What happened to that?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-13 02:03 PM
    What I have been told by my contacts is that some carriers are just refusing to carry any new blackberry devices. They are not as impressed with 10.2. The US carriers have said it will just lead to more returns. They are holding off until 10.2.1 and then decide what they would like to do.

But maybe if we make enough noise AT&T will be like Rogers and allow them to be purchased online.

Posted via CB10
    House seller likes this.
    12-13-13 02:20 PM
    You can't entirely blame BlackBerry for the lack of availability. Carrier support is so low, and even less so at the store level. The employees are people. Generally, employees are not really in the know in comparison to people who frequent sites like CrackBerry. These employees sell phones based on personal opinion and not the needs of the customer. Basically, every employee I've ever heard just says "Get iPhone or Android phone" and not "Well, what do you like to do on your phone? What are your priorities?" these people take the Apple approach and TELL you what your priorities are. Apps and Games. Apps and Games. Big specs! quad core processor!!

The problem is made worse because carriers are not supporting BB. If say, carriers told their corporate stores or dealers that they get an additional $20 for every BB sold, I'm sure you'd be hearing a different tune in stores.
    12-13-13 07:52 PM
    Some very good points here, keep them coming...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    12-13-13 09:42 PM
    You can blame BlackBerry completely when it's not available for purchase at their own site.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and jsanders like this.
    12-14-13 12:04 AM
    I am beginning to wonder what would be the downside to BlackBerry ONLY selling devices from their websites versus using carriers...
    12-14-13 07:14 AM
    No in store or carrier handling of warranty, BlackBerry would have to then handle warranty problems. Is the first one that comes to mind.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:30 AM
    No in store or carrier handling of warranty, BlackBerry would have to then handle warranty problems. Is the first one that comes to mind.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant point. I didn't think about that. Albeit the likes of Google do it for their Nexus products. I just think something needs to be done to get BlackBerry back on the map and to get the likes of the Z30 in the hands of true fans like us. No point in the Z30's sitting in a warehouse somewhere not being used and depreciating cost/value...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    12-14-13 07:35 AM
    Didn't Sprint say they were going to carry a flagship BlackBerry (i.e. Z30) later in the year? What happened to that?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:52 AM
    The Verizon Wireless store near me had a Z30 on display. Carrier exclusive devices are not a good thing in my opinion, but it's the reality that we face in the US.
    12-14-13 09:59 AM
    Ivan, I think once this Google play situation is cleared up (access to the store or not for BB), things will change because carrier reps won't be able to use that argument anymore. I really believe the app argument (certain app availability) has some validity though. The gap is closing, very slowly.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:57 AM
    There are so many things in life that we can be frustrated at. But, currently I'm frustrated at BlackBerry and AT&T. I'm not sure who am more frustrated at, albeit frustrated nonetheless. I know Verizon have the Z30 for sale, and again, I'm a little frustrated with them, too. I've visited a few Verizon shops only to not find a demo unit, or any general stock of the Z30.

Why is that?

I went into an AT&T shop yesterday in Acworth, GA, to enquire about the BlackBerry Z30. I was told, "AT&T are not getting the Z30, and to be frank, BlackBerry now only sell to businesses..."

Oh, really; that's how AT&T force/convince people to get an iOS or Android device?

In addition to the poor marketing skills of BlackBerry, it is no wonder the likes of AT&T are not fully supporting BlackBerry. You can't even see a BlackBerry Q10 or Z10 in an AT&T shop, much less buy one in the shop. Having said that, AT&T certainly make the buying option available online.

The general public, carriers and the likes must get behind the likes of BlackBerry. Failing to do so will only aid in assisting less and less products and items being manufactured by BlackBerry.

So, with all that said, are we, the general public ever going to see:

1. The BlackBerry Z30 available from an AT&T shop or online?
    2. The BlackBerry Z30 available from other carriers besides Verizon?
    2. The BlackBerry Z30 available from BlackBerry Shop online and unlocked for GSM carriers?

Well, BlackBerry, AT&T, Verizon, and everyone else, please feel free to chime in. Go...
    You are seeing this happen because carrying BlackBerry devices is making these carriers little to no money. They have already figured out that the people who want a BB will buy a BB. All the Verizon stores by me have no BBs out on display anymore. You have to ask to see one. It's sad but it's true.

Unfortunetly it doesn't seem like the carriers care if BB lives of dies. They just want a line up that is giving them the most money, ad pushing BlackBerry off and adding something else seems to be the plan.

Verizon isn't even advertising the Z30 and they are the only carrier in the US to have it. I have not seen one commercial, billboard or ad about it. They marketed the Z10 very well. Maybe the effort was too much for the return they got and that is why it's not happening this time around?
    12-14-13 11:22 AM
    In a commercial on youtube...............someday i hope.

Thats when they'll see one.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:14 PM
    Based on the FCC post on the Blog section of CrackBerry.com, maybe we'll see the Z30 distributed to the masses sooner, rather than later...
    12-20-13 11:29 PM
    I somehow doubt the Z30 is really meant for the masses. Just considering the lack of marketing all around the globe, again missing carrier support in many countries, I get more and more the impression BB just threw the Z30 on the market because they had worked on it and had it ready. Around here in Germany, I haven't really seen any carriers offering the Z30 directly or have them on display. Even the large electronic chains like Media Markt or Saturn don't have the Z30 on display. Some small chains have it and you can get it online outright. The pricing is rather high however, a Galaxy S4 or the HTC One is noticeably cheaper, while upwards the Note 3 isn't that much more expensive.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    12-20-13 11:58 PM
    ...not bad logic. Do you think the carriers will swarm to the Z50 & or Q30? If in fact that is a real device from BlackBerry

I somehow doubt the Z30 is really meant for the masses. Just considering the lack of marketing all around the globe, again missing carrier support in many countries, I get more and more the impression BB just threw the Z30 on the market because they had worked on it and had it ready. Around here in Germany, I haven't really seen any carriers offering the Z30 directly or have them on display. Even the large electronic chains like Media Markt or Saturn don't have the Z30 on display. Some small chains have it and you can get it online outright. The pricing is rather high however, a Galaxy S4 or the HTC One is noticeably cheaper, while upwards the Note 3 isn't that much more expensive.

12-21-13 12:04 AM
    Poor man, in Canada, everywhere you go, they have a hard time to display dummy Z30's let alone working demo models.

Plain stupid if you ask me...

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    12-21-13 12:09 AM
    But hey, we're BlackBerry...everything's fine, lol.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    12-21-13 12:10 AM
    ...not bad logic. Do you think the carriers will swarm to the Z50 & or Q30? If in fact that is a real device from BlackBerry

why spend a lot of money on marketing when it's been clear from the get-go that the phone won't sell. In Europe, most providers have passed on it. Heck, even Rogers had to think twice before they started selling it.
    12-21-13 12:21 AM
    I am not sure anymore. Let' s take Sprint for example. They said they have passed on the Z10 to step up and directly offer the Z30 as their full-touch BB10 device. From what I've read now, it is not even sure whether the Z30 comes to Sprint at all. Seems like they dropped it before even picking it up.
    The Z30 looks, almost like the Q5, like some sort of BlackBerry's unwanted child. It is there for sure, but they don't really show it around. Even if other carriers will pick it up now, the holiday sale-season is over and they missed it. In not even two months we should have announcements for the next generation of Samsungs Galaxy S line, HTCs new flagship and Nokia/Microsoft should also announce the next generation of Windows Phone by then. The Z30 will lose more appeal, BlackBerry should also start thinking about getting a new flagship out for Q2 or Q3.

So far BB10 flopped there is not much to argue about. However seeing the first Windows Phone 7 incarnations, including Nokias first hyped Lumias. Even one year ago the relaunch with Windows Phone 8 wasn't all that good, but things obviously got much better this year. So I think with some sort of BB10 relaunch as a matured plattform on new devices, they could still do a turnaround.

12-21-13 01:34 AM
43 12