Hello guys,

I just wanted to know what your experience was. And in terms of security, is it worth it? Installing it.

And people you have it already on their phones, does it slow down your phone.

I want to hear your opinions on this

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:37 PM
    And in terms of security, is it worth it? Installing it.
    Security is subjective. Do you think it's secure? Do you trust the company? Are you comfortable with giving them your phone number? Do you agree with their privacy policy? Are you aware they are owned by Facebook? If so, how do you feel about Facebook? These are things only you can answer.

And people you have it already on their phones, does it slow down your phone.
    No.
    02-21-15 09:55 PM
    Thanks blaze. I know there owned by Facebook, I don't mind the phone number giving its just the security bit that seemed iffy. That article which was released recently didn't help either so I wondered if it was worth it .

And oh forgot to add, trusting the company? Off course I don't believe anybody trusts these big companies but what can one do *shrugs*

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:04 PM
    Thanks blaze. I know there owned by Facebook, I don't mind the phone number giving its just the security bit that seemed iffy. That article which was released recently didn't help either so I wondered if it was worth it .

And oh forgot to add, trusting the company? Off course I don't believe anybody trusts these big companies but what can one do *shrugs*

Posted via CB10
    Haha! True enough. The app runs fine in my experience.. just not my fav app.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    02-21-15 10:20 PM
    Lol not your favourite app eh? I guess that speaks volumes. I guess I was looking for clarity about howapps

Or maybe I'm just to deep haha. Either way, thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:31 PM
    I also heard Whatsapp has gotten slower after the 10.3

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:14 PM
    I also heard Whatsapp has gotten slower after the 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Its running good on my z30!

Posted via my  z30/2243
    02-23-15 12:39 AM
    I use it quite a bit on my z30. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of speed from 10.2 to 10.3 so far so good
    02-23-15 09:59 AM
    I use it because I have to..not because I want to. But..it's been working fine for me as well.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    02-23-15 10:56 AM
    I never liked whatsapp since I first used it on my curve 8900. Compared to bbm, it's just lame. However, since it was the only cross-platform available at the time, I didn't have much choice.

I must say they've improved in terms of functionality and stability over the years, and it even looks half decent on bb10. And in terms of security, it's hard for me to say as all my friends and I talk about are walking dead episodes and other random nonsense, so even if our messages were hacked or something, no harm will be done

Just install it and if you don't like it, then delete it. That's what a lot of my friends did with bbm when it didn't work for them.

Posted via CB10
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    02-23-15 12:28 PM
    I think if your that concerned about security you should throw your smartphone in a river
    02-23-15 03:07 PM
    I never liked whatsapp since I first used it on my curve 8900. Compared to bbm, it's just lame. However, since it was the only cross-platform available at the time, I didn't have much choice.

I must say they've improved in terms of functionality and stability over the years, and it even looks half decent on bb10. And in terms of security, it's hard for me to say as all my friends and I talk about are walking dead episodes and other random nonsense, so even if our messages were hacked or something, no harm will be done

Just install it and if you don't like it, then delete it. That's what a lot of my friends did with bbm when it didn't work for them.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, but when I was mentioning security, I meant in terms of accessing pictures and such. It's just that even though Whatsapp gives you the opportunity for you to refuse Access to your shared files, I read quite a bit online on how it sneakyly finds it's way there lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:51 PM
    I think if your that concerned about security you should throw your smartphone in a river
    ....there always is that one fool.....

Posted via CB10
    xbungalow likes this.
    02-23-15 08:51 PM
    I deleted Watsapp from my z30 ages ago. I (we) have BBM which is the best. My policy is: "If you don't want to talk to me on BBM, don't talk to me".

Posted via CB10
    xbungalow likes this.
    02-23-15 09:41 PM
    I deleted Watsapp from my z30 ages ago. I (we) have BBM which is the best. My policy is: "If you don't want to talk to me on BBM, don't talk to me".

Posted via CB10
    That was my motto too, but everyone tom **** and bloody HARRY are on it

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:33 PM
    I have 10.2 os in my z30 and I'm in mexico. All they use is WhatsApp.

Everything is perfect except hub and quick notification doesn't show emoticons. But in a box.

Z30 STA-5.
    02-24-15 09:43 PM
    I am running the latest beta from Beta Zone on my Z30 10.2.1. It is my go to messaging app. Fast and fluid. Works well. Designed using native cascades. I use a lot of group chats and they work well. Hub integration is great. I like being able to reply to messages from within my hub.
    02-24-15 10:51 PM
    Hello, I recently updated my z30 expecting it to reboot/restart as expected but it never did. Instead it restarted to update allover again. Kind of irritating and the way I have been longing for this update. What could be the issue with my gadget? or is this normal? Just concerned. Thanks
    02-25-15 12:42 AM
    Its smooth with no glitches.

Security wise its a disaster as in app permissions, you need to give lot of access to your phone including contacts, locations etc otherwise app don't work properly. No matter how much I love BBM, I'm using WA a lot as 95% of my contacts who are using smartphone, are on it. At work, we have a group created by my boss for official communications related to field work so its unavoidable part of my phone. I'm left with only12 BBM contacts down from 58.
    02-25-15 01:04 AM
    I don't even understand your question...

It's Whatsapp.

It runs fine and wil not slow down your device.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    02-25-15 01:45 AM
    I don't even understand your question...

It's Whatsapp.

It runs fine and wil not slow down your device.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    What's not to understand? Or better yet which part of my question do you not understand?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:03 AM
    Its smooth with no glitches.

Security wise its a disaster as in app permissions, you need to give lot of access to your phone including contacts, locations etc otherwise app don't work properly. No matter how much I love BBM, I'm using WA a lot as 95% of my contacts who are using smartphone, are on it. At work, we have a group created by my boss for official communications related to field work so its unavoidable part of my phone. I'm left with only12 BBM contacts down from 58.
    Ah I know what you mean. But the app permission only requires contacts to work well. My friend downloaded it in his BlackBerry and he only ticked for the contacts and phone identity bit. Bloody hell, why must these apps be so intrusive lol

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:06 AM
    Ah I know what you mean. But the app permission only requires contacts to work well. My friend downloaded it in his BlackBerry and he only ticked for the contacts and phone identity bit. Bloody hell, why must these apps be so intrusive lol

Posted via CB10
    True. Sharing own number and contact list itself is a big concern. But that's how it works and no one minds who are willing to use it.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:31 AM
    True. Sharing own number and contact list itself is a big concern. But that's how it works and no one minds who are willing to use it.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you mean. Makes me wonder what they do with our contact list lol

I guess I'm sitting at the corner of the cliff, can't decide weather to remain or jump

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:03 PM
    How come my bbm contacts with bbm won't sync up like my normal contacts with Whatsapp?

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    BBM works with pin, you will have to provide your pin. It doesn't just invade your contact list like whoapp does

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:47 PM
26 12