I've heard so many rave comments about the HTC One's speakers but I wasn't that impressed when I heard them. Compared to my Z10 yeah they're better, but not hugely. The PB wins hands down in my opinion.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    Afourtrackmind likes this.
    09-18-13 12:16 PM
    Alright, let's align things together: two stereo bottom speakers (right yellow circles) and one at the top (left yellow circle). From Cnet's early review : BlackBerry Z30 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

The Z30 features enhanced stereo speakers.(Credit: BlackBerry)

Another interesting twist is the Z30's array of stereo speakers which seem to be ripped right out of the HTC One's playbook. BlackBerry doesn't call it BoomSound though, but instead refers to its audio solution as Natural Sound. And true to BlackBerry's business cred, the Z30's enhanced speakers are touted to not only pump up music and video but also video conferencing and spoken communication as well.
    09-18-13 01:01 PM
    Its got three! Two on bottom and one on top.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:53 PM
    Aaaand quad mics. Whoa!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-18-13 07:14 PM
    come on blackberry, give me a phone with stereo speakers!
    *zzziinnngggg* !!!

>>> wish granted <<<
    09-18-13 08:39 PM
    Can't wait to see reviews on the Z30 speakers. They dont have to beat the HTC One. I dont expect them to seeing as how they arent front facing but if they are close in comparison, ill be very happy
    As I've mentioned in other threads, they don't beat the HTC One, but are otherwise the best I've heard on a mobile device.

For the record, there are two speakers, both located on the back - one at the top and one at the bottom (possible that there are two at the bottom making 3 total - it's kinda hard to tell, but there are two grills of slightly different sizes side by side and two slits in the backplate. Maybe that's what makes the "natural sound" they were referring to).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-18-13 10:23 PM
    No way. Stereo side speakers > mono front

Posted via CB10
    Your opinion but considering boom sound is leaps and bounds better than every smartphone speaker on the market and the PlayBook had killer audio quality with the front facing speakers I would have to say front facing is the way to go. The Z30 has 3 so it should pump out great sound. Hopefully within the official 10.2 update they have better and louder audio for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:03 AM
    I'm listening to the Z30 right now and the playbook, Z30 is comparable but playbook has the slight edge on overall clarity but I am that kind of audiophile person . Still they are both much better sounding than the Z10 to me; Z10 sounds too sharp and strident is comparison. I can tell voices in general sound much more life like compared to the Z10 and lives up to its "natural" claim.Note that I am listening to the Z30 with the screen down so the back is facing me. The Z30 never really sounds harsh to me unlike the Z10 when there are a lot of cymbals splashing. With the back against the table, the sound is more muffled but fuller sounding than the playbook meaning the lower frequencies are more audible. The 10.2 leaks for the Z10 definitely does improve the maximum loudness compared to 10.1
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-19-13 12:12 AM
    I'm listening to the Z30 right now and the playbook, Z30 is comparable but playbook has the slight edge on overall clarity but I am that kind of audiophile person . Still they are both much better sounding than the Z10 to me; Z10 sounds too sharp and strident is comparison. I can tell voices in general sound much more life like compared to the Z10 and lives up to its "natural" claim.Note that I am listening to the Z30 with the screen down so the back is facing me. The Z30 never really sounds harsh to me unlike the Z10 when there are a lot of cymbals splashing. With the back against the table, the sound is more muffled but fuller sounding than the playbook meaning the lower frequencies are more audible. The 10.2 leaks for the Z10 definitely does improve the maximum loudness compared to 10.1
    You'll notice that BB was smart enough to place the speaker cut outs on the back plate on the curve. This helps the sound project slightly up/down as opposed to directly back
    09-19-13 12:53 PM
    In the unboxing review I watched the reviewer said the three speakers were capable of being crazy loud and very clear. If they're anywhere as good as the PB sound, I'm sold. FWIW, I've never cared for Beats sound, too bass centric and not true. PB beats the HTC for true quality hands down in my book. Some people prefer true clarity and transparency, which the Beats software doesn't offer. For that reason you won't see Beats audio products being treated kindly on audiophile sites and forums, but what matters is what you like to hear. Others do like bass centric or "colored" sound reproduction, I'm just not one of them.
    dusdal likes this.
    09-20-13 01:18 AM
    In the unboxing review I watched the reviewer said the three speakers were capable of being crazy loud and very clear. If they're anywhere as good as the PB sound, I'm sold. FWIW, I've never cared for Beats sound, too bass centric and not true. PB beats the HTC for true quality hands down in my book. Some people prefer true clarity and transparency, which the Beats software doesn't offer. For that reason you won't see Beats audio products being treated kindly on audiophile sites and forums, but what matters is what you like to hear. Others do like bass centric or "colored" sound reproduction, I'm just not one of them.
    My beats sounds great.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:10 PM
    The Z30 speakers are really well integrated and clever. The HTC One speakers are a bit ugly if you ask me (I'm one of the few who doesn't like its looks).

I think it's a selling point. Also, marketing it as a conference call cell phone is absolutely genius. So cool, but I'm swayed by GTD features rather than cheesy Beats integration.
    dusdal likes this.
    09-20-13 09:03 PM
    I have an HTC One as a secondary phone, and will likely be getting the Z30 to upgrade my Z10. I'm anxious to see how the speakers perform compared to the HTC One.

For those that have heard both, which of the two can go louder while maintaining their clarity?
    09-27-13 08:22 PM
    *zzziinnngggg* !!!

>>> wish granted <<<
    I wanted front facing stereo speakers.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:27 PM
    Shut up

Posted via CB10
    "Ssh*le

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:37 PM
    I have an HTC One as a secondary phone, and will likely be getting the Z30 to upgrade my Z10. I'm anxious to see how the speakers perform compared to the HTC One.

For those that have heard both, which of the two can go louder while maintaining their clarity?
    From what I've read the z30 speakers sound better.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:49 PM
    Just found a video review that answers the question of HTC One audio vs Z30 audio:

BlackBerry Z30 Kicks & Beats Audio powered HTC One. Say Hello to BlackBerry Natural Sound technology | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community.

What actually surprises me about this is the speakers for the Z30 wasn't even pointing towards the video camera as they were located on the back of the phone. So the Z30's speakers facing away from the camera, sounded better than the HTC One's speakers which was facing the camera.
    owadkelly likes this.
    10-07-13 08:00 AM
    It's my understanding that it has stereo speakers.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:02 AM
    Not only stereo but stereo+1.
    Now I sport A Z30 and I can tell: Very VERY nice sound.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 05:14 PM
    Not only stereo but stereo+1.
    Now I sport A Z30 and I can tell: Very VERY nice sound.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. I sure hope that case manufactures produce cases that take advantage of the speaker ports and not diminish the sound quality and loudness in any aspect. Maybe then can enhance the stereo sound by funneling the sound towards the user instead of having to lay the device down on the table to get the full natural sound effect. Just thinking out loud.. lol
    10-12-13 05:27 PM
    Just found a video review that answers the question of HTC One audio vs Z30 audio:

BlackBerry Z30 Kicks & Beats Audio powered HTC One. Say Hello to BlackBerry Natural Sound technology | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community.

What actually surprises me about this is the speakers for the Z30 wasn't even pointing towards the video camera as they were located on the back of the phone. So the Z30's speakers facing away from the camera, sounded better than the HTC One's speakers which was facing the camera.
    I smiled when I heard the Z30 here.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 05:48 PM
    The Z30 has stereo speakers, pretty well known fact.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:21 PM
    The 10.2 leaks for the Z10 definitely does improve the maximum loudness compared to 10.1
    I'll have to install one of those leaks, cause waiting for January's usa release is a joke and I think the max volume on the Z10 is just pathetic.

You are now in my Bingo Book
    10-20-13 12:28 AM
48 12