One of my favourite things about the Z30 was the stereo speakers. Watching videos or playing games was awesome because of the stereo speakers.
    I hate the Z10 speakers that faces the bottom because when I watch videos I have to cup my hands at the speakers, or when playing games I have to try and make sure I'm not blocking the speakers with my hands.

With a 5 inch phone, there should be lots of space to put in stereo speakers! That is one thing that the HTC One that has that is better than the Z30. It is also the phone I would likely get if I were to go Android.

Come on BlackBerry, give me a phone with stereo speakers!
    09-16-13 08:55 PM
    If the battery cover is any indication, it has stereo speakers.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:08 PM
    If the battery cover is any indication, it has stereo speakers.

Posted via CB10
    Even if there are, they are not front facing.
    09-16-13 09:10 PM
    Even if there are, they are not front facing.
    True. But it's better than a mono speaker

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:46 PM
    True. But it's better than a mono speaker

Posted via CB10
    Order of preference:
    Stereo front facing <--- HTC One /PlayBook
    Mono Front Facing
    Stereo Side
    Mono Side. <---- BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:51 PM
    FWIW, the speaker on the Q10 is extremely loud and the Z10 is notable. If the Z30 has stereo, it'd be an impressive setup for sure.
    09-16-13 11:05 PM
    Order of preference:
    Stereo front facing <--- HTC One /PlayBook
    Mono Front Facing
    Stereo Side
    Mono Side. <---- BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    No way. Stereo side speakers > mono front

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:36 PM
    One of my favourite things about the Z30 was the stereo speakers. Watching videos or playing games was awesome because of the stereo speakers.
    I hate the Z10 speakers that faces the bottom because when I watch videos I have to cup my hands at the speakers, or when playing games I have to try and make sure I'm not blocking the speakers with my hands.

With a 5 inch phone, there should be lots of space to put in stereo speakers! That is one thing that the HTC One that has that is better than the Z30. It is also the phone I would likely get if I were to go Android.

Come on BlackBerry, give me a phone with stereo speakers!
    I know what you mean I have the same problem on my Q10 with the speakers on the bottom. But at least they're loud enough that it's not too much of a problem. Just wish it had been placed somewhere else.

Sent from my Q10
    09-16-13 11:45 PM
    I agree with this. The sound output of the z10 would be vastly improved with stereo sound. The PlayBook was very nice in that regard. Volume on the z10 could also be enhanced, but the mono really holds it back.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:48 AM
    yeah the z10s speaker is brutal, ive used the q10 and it's significantly better quality wise and volume wise
    09-17-13 12:03 PM
    I think It needs a led bar like xperia has, get rid of the blinking light! Make it a blinking bar!

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    09-17-13 12:05 PM
    The Z30 has amazing stereo speakers. The are on the back, but the slots in the backplate angle slightly so the sound projects a little left and right as opposed to straight back.
    HTC One has it beat with the front facing, but outside of that they are the best mobile speakers I've come across (they completely demolish the Z10).
    09-17-13 12:15 PM
    Phone speakers doesn't really make good sound quality... even if you put bose stereo speakers in it, it still going to sound horrible. your phone speakers aren't design for music. Its gona suck your battery like hell.

For games? Nah it's not practical i would say.

Phone speakers are for us to hear other people talk.
    If you want good sound quality for your music or entertainment, get a good headset/ headphone or plug it into your 5.2 channel sound system.

Htc one have beats audio in it but that still doesn't sound great. You can't hear the bass. You cannot balance the sound of it no matter how good you configure the sh!t in the equalizer.

Let me generalize it.

We don't need stereo speakers for phones.
    Think

Off topic?
    Its okay... I'm just saying.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 01:23 PM
    I respectively strongly beg to differ.

I tend to watch watch Netflix from my mobile quite often (travel for work quite a bit and it's my go to when winding down at night). I've had issue getting enough volume on my Z10 and Galaxy Nexus (especially when my hand tends to cover the speaker) and even my iPad. It can really be very frustrating when you're lying trying to hear and have to resort to the cupped hand over speaker move...

Sound is quite important in that regard - and the Z30 def steps up to the plate.
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-17-13 02:25 PM
    Phone speakers doesn't really make good sound quality... even if you put bose stereo speakers in it, it still going to sound horrible. your phone speakers aren't design for music. Its gona suck your battery like hell.

If you want good sound quality for your music or entertainment, get a good headset/ headphone or plug it into your 5.2 channel sound system.

Htc one have beats audio in it but that still doesn't sound great. You can't hear the bass. You cannot balance the sound of it no matter how good you configure the sh!t in the equalizer.

Let me generalize it.

Think

Off topic?

Posted via CB10
    guess you never used the bold 9000, the PlayBook,an HTC one, even the q10 has decent loud speaker quality.. I'm talking mids and bass
    09-17-13 02:53 PM
    I think the Z10's quality is better. My Q10 has a loud popping sound when volume above 70%.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-17-13 05:15 PM
    Systemvolker - I use my headphones a great deal with my phone, however it's not a practical solution to show others a quick YouTube clip. Sometimes I just want to not wear my headphones and play a quick game of something. It's not about replacing the home cinema experience, just making mobile experience a little better.

Besides, it would give blackberry something many phones don't have. The z30 should have amazing battery life, surely some would be well spent powering better speakers...

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-17-13 07:16 PM
    Apparently you will get your wish

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-18-13 02:49 AM

Let me generalize it.

Think

Off topic?

Posted via CB10
    Sound is important and the cupping method is annoying to have to do!

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 03:03 AM
    Perhaps the bottom line here is that the Z30 will, indeed, have stereo speakers. Are we good with that?

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    dusdal and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-18-13 03:14 AM
    The video illustrating the 'natural sound' seemed to indicate speakers on all sides?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:15 AM
    The video illustrating the 'natural sound' seemed to indicate speakers on all sides?

Posted via CB10
    My take is that it's stereo speakers in the bottom with kind of a "ported subwoofer" effect on the side.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Nharzhool and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-18-13 03:49 AM
    Either way the Z30 is a improvement to the Z10. But I might take my leap with O series.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:55 AM

Let me generalize it.

Think

Off topic?

Posted via CB10
    Shut up

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:37 AM
    Can't wait to see reviews on the Z30 speakers. They dont have to beat the HTC One. I dont expect them to seeing as how they arent front facing but if they are close in comparison, ill be very happy
    09-18-13 12:11 PM
48 12