Hey all!

So I'm trying to figure out what my email settings should be. I only use 1 Gmail account that consists of email, calendar, and contacts. My confusion arises about what the best setting for sync interval is and if I should leave push enabled. Ideally, I'd like to leave push enabled, but I'm looking to maximize the battery life (like it's really needed on a Z30 haha, old habit I guess :P). So right now I have it set to the following:

Gmail: Push enabled, 24H sync interval.
    Calendar: 24H sync interval.
    Contacts: 24H sync interval.

Is their any type of optimization I could do by swapping the settings around? I originally had all 3 set to 'Manual' for sync interval, but then I read that would mean that every time I open the calendar app and contacts app, it would sync. Any input is appreciated!

-Matt

Quick edit: I like push email, but I'm not a power user or anything. I only get a few emails per day and they are not work or anything related.
    08-06-14 09:55 PM
    I have both mine on push , and don't notice a big difference in battery,
    08-06-14 09:59 PM
    I have both mine on push , and don't notice a big difference in battery,
    Kool. What is your sync interval set to?
    08-06-14 10:01 PM
    if your using push you leave on manual,
    08-06-14 10:03 PM
    if your using push you leave on manual,
    Do you also sync your contacts and calendar? Also manual, or a time interval?
    08-06-14 10:06 PM
    I use back up pro from BBW it saves everything to my sd
    08-06-14 10:19 PM
    Ah kk, gotcha. Maybe I should just save that stuff locally as well. Thanks!

-Matt
    08-06-14 10:21 PM
    Ah kk, gotcha. Maybe I should just save that stuff locally as well. Thanks!

-Matt
    No problem, nice chatting with you.
    08-06-14 10:24 PM
    I have two hotmail accounts (email sync only, no calendar or contacts) and the sync interval is whatever the default was set as. Two days battery life, medium to heavy usage.
    08-06-14 10:57 PM
    I have two e-mail accounts. One is Outlook and the other is Gmail. I hate Gmail, but I use it for YouTube & junk e-mails. I disabled push notifications for both accounts and I have it to "manual" to check for new e-mails. The way I see it, if I want to check if I have something new in my inbox I can just hit "refresh" because clicking one button isn't that hard. If it's something important that I'm waiting for then I'll just keep re-checking it every 10 minutes or something along those lines.
    08-06-14 11:30 PM
    Push =on. Sync interval set to 30 minutes.

I get through most of the day on a charge.

Your sync interval only needs a shorter interval if you are using other devices or say a PC to look at your email throughout the day. The sync is when your BlackBerry reconciles things with your email service. Meaning after the sync what your phone has in its inbox should be exactly what is on the mail server. So if you had deleted 10 emails on your PC (assuming setup is IMAP) those 10 will also be removed from your phone on that next sync.

If you are syncing a lot of changes at a short interval then yeah it'll definitely hit your battery.

But it would need to be a lot. But hey some folks keep 80,000 emails in their inbox I've heard. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 11:32 PM