A question I have been thinking about myself.

What is the line in the sand where you say to yourself "I can't be walking around with this Z10 with the Aristo out"

For myself, I would have to somehow get over it being so large and it will have to offer some kind of very unique mobile computing experience that the Z10 can't handle, specs alone won't do it for me.

What Would BB have to do to make you buy an Aristo Off Contract and Ditch your Z10?-shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_lolikips-d34yx16.jpg
    05-06-13 12:10 AM
    Even the specs would make me buy it!
    05-06-13 12:14 AM
    They don't have to do anything, I'm buying it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:59 AM
    A keyboard and a trackpad or trackwheel or track something and I'm there.
    05-06-13 04:26 AM
    Release it.

Z10 will be in retirement... that's all

Blackberry Faithful
    05-06-13 04:32 AM
    I have 0 interest in a phablet.
    Affie36, mediadavid and revtech like this.
    05-06-13 04:40 AM
    Phablet to replace Z10.

My Q10 will still be my pride and glory.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-06-13 05:15 AM
    Split screen multi tasking

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:19 AM
    What is all this talk about ditching the Z10 when it has only been out for 2 months? Why does it have to be that way?

Can't both phones coexist with each other similar to how the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 coexists with the Samsung Galaxy SIII and SIV?

To answer your question, I would consider getting the Aristo if it came out, but I would also keep my Z10. I would not ditch it.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    05-06-13 05:57 AM
    Well the Aristo is due to come out a year till eight months from now, that's pretty short given all. For me to buy the Aristo it would have not to be too darn ugly to have some of the sleek design I know from Z10 buying a new phone is always tempting if you love the underlying OS, cos it will usually have newer firmware/ os

but if it's ugly as hell or plasticy like Samsung it's a no go
    05-06-13 06:10 AM
    Sharks with frikin lazer beams.

or

Pay off this brand new Z10 for me.
    KDB84, sirk25 and Unbiased Tech like this.
    05-06-13 07:37 AM
    Obviously a bigger screen is better but I don't think I would want a physically larger phone to put in my pocket, for fear of it breaking or cracking the screen. For me, I have my phone on me at all times. Whether I'm working, hiking, biking, sitting on the couch, working underneath my car, playing on my skidoo or lugging my 2 year old around the mall. I am already a little worried about my Z10 so an even bigger phone would not interest me.

Also, the specs of the Z10 allow it to run bb10 really smooth and fast. What is the aristo to going to have? Probably a faster processor and that's about it. I don't think it will work any faster or smoother than the Z10 so the only noticeable upgrade from the Z will be the larger screen real estate.

All this is moot for me anyway because I'm in Canada and "Stuck" on a three year contract with Telus. I will likely keep my Z for around 2 years and then sell it to upgrade to my next phone.

I do see a business case for having an "Aristo like " device tho. The sales success of the large Samsung devices show that there is a demand for large phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:49 AM
    Sharks with frikin lazer beams.

or

Pay off this brand new Z10 for me.
    Well obviously if it has sharks with frikin lazer beams on their heads I would have to get it.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    05-06-13 07:51 AM
    All that has to happen is my $500 investment in BBRY stock is worth the price of the Aristo by the time it's for sale.
    05-06-13 08:49 AM
    I'm not really interested in phones any bigger than the Z10, even if they have higher specs.
    angieberry10 and KDB84 like this.
    05-06-13 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry releases Aristo
    I run to ATM
    I grab cash
    I go to AT&T
    I buy Aristo

Nothing else needed. I'm supporting BlackBerry's direction with this OS all the way.
    05-06-13 09:35 AM
    Hmmnnn..... a tough one. The specs are great for the Aristo, but not sure if I want to carry a larger screen around for my phone. The size of the Z10 is just right for me, but I am willing to be persuaded. : )

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-06-13 09:48 AM
    I would get in a heartbeat a non-4g tablet in the same vein as the aristo to compliment my z10 not replace it
    05-06-13 09:54 AM
    I'm not sure. Right now I'm loving my Z10 and I just have a couple complaints. I'd love to see more/better apps and app integration within the OS. I'd also like to see more robust voice recognition, and of course better maps. I'd really hope that all these (and any other) improvements would come to the Z10 and not just future devices so early adopters can reap the benefits as well!
    05-06-13 11:33 AM