REALITY CHECK

The Z30 is not going to compete - doesn't have a shot at this point. We are talking about BlackBerry guys... who here really believe that we will see anything different from what they ALWAYS do. I'm not even sure how much carrier support they will be able to count on - most likely the Z30 is going to be a "special" order item only.

What is sad is I think the same 2 million people that bought the Z10, that later went out and bought the Q10 are the only ones that will buy the Z30... so while BB might have sold 6 million BB10 devices, they only added 2 million BB10 customers (who were already BBOS customers).
    09-11-13 02:50 PM
    I like that! Would definitely help me upgrade easier!
    MacyJ likes this.
    09-11-13 03:53 PM
    All that and a competitive price. $100 on contract and a very aggressive off retail price. This phone needs adoption, so price aggressive from the launch.
    Truth is the phone is not going to be adopted while this whole BlackBerry being sold thing is going on. They need to reasure the public that they will be around till the end of their contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:52 PM
    Looks like the iphone 5s is lagging behind even the rumored specs of the z30

Posted via CB10
    Though the 5s will be running a 64-bit OS, which looks cool to android spec-chasers. Hell, sounds cool to me.
    MacyJ likes this.
    09-11-13 11:26 PM
    REALITY CHECK

The Z30 is not going to compete - doesn't have a shot at this point. We are talking about BlackBerry guys... who here really believe that we will see anything different from what they ALWAYS do. I'm not even sure how much carrier support they will be able to count on - most likely the Z30 is going to be a "special" order item only.

What is sad is I think the same 2 million people that bought the Z10, that later went out and bought the Q10 are the only ones that will buy the Z30... so while BB might have sold 6 million BB10 devices, they only added 2 million BB10 customers (who were already BBOS customers).
    You're right that the Z30 will not be able to compete. It's a boring phone: low res screen camera, mediocre specs (who cares if BB10 doesn't need it, the hardware is still cheap to source!), non-removable battery, no apps. And to top it off, the press is so hard on BlackBerry that I can't imagine the public would want anything to do with a two year contract on what is surely a deadend os.

Boggles the mind.

But I love my Q10.
    09-11-13 11:32 PM
    I agree, a killer camera would help. Killer battery life would also help.

Posted via CB10
    MacyJ likes this.
    09-11-13 11:50 PM
    You know, I really don't think the z30 needs much more than what it is already rumored to have. It's already going to be much faster than the z10.. in order to get a WOW factor, it needs a new feature... not better specs, those are already good. Even at that, blackberry will still continue unnoticed.

Posted via that z10!
    09-12-13 10:06 PM
    REALITY CHECK

The most negative take, ever.
    I'd have to disagree 100%.
    Clearly blackberry has changed, they are working towards change, that is not easy.
    Get out of here with that negativety.

Posted via that z10!
    Sager-Naji likes this.
    09-12-13 10:09 PM
    The most negative take, ever.
    I'd have to disagree 100%.
    Clearly blackberry has changed, they are working towards change, that is not easy.
    Get out of here with that negativety.

Posted via that z10!
    +10000000000000000

Posted via CB10
    hazarder and MacyJ like this.
    09-12-13 11:47 PM
    REALITY CHECK

Wow! When did the sky fall? I didn't know if happened already. I wonder how many people died in the event.

Posted using CB10 on my awesome Z10. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-12-13 11:52 PM
    A retina scanner.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:56 PM
    I agree with the whole ecosystem theory. I believe that the only thing BlackBerry needs is a store with good quality apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:57 PM
    Eye scanner

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-13-13 12:11 AM
    I am no expert, but it does not need anything special to compete. Definitely no better specs from what is rumored to have.

Posted using CB10 on my awesome Z10. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-13-13 12:13 AM
    Though the 5s will be running a 64-bit OS, which looks cool to android spec-chasers. Hell, sounds cool to me.
    The 64 bits in all reality will NOT be faster, suck more juice and have all kinds of other issues because it is a pioneer in mobile OS and bugs will need to be ironed out....
    09-13-13 12:24 AM
    BlackBerry isn't trying to market BB10. Look at how much cash they had on hand when they launched the Z10, Q10 and Q5 then look at the marketing they had for those devices and how little of that cash they spent. BlackBerry executives aren't that dumb - don't get me wrong, they are dumb, just not THAT dumb.

BlackBerry isn't marketing these phones because they aren't willing to invest the money in trying to make the products sell. BlackBerry has been trying to find a buyer for a while now. Rumors claim that they were trying to sell before BB10 even launched. They need to keep that horde of cash to help entice someone into buying them. BlackBerry rushed the BB10 devices to market to show potential buyers that they have something new for them to work with. They don't care if people buy the phones or not. They just hope some other company sees the work that they have already started, and buys them.
    What!? BlackBerry marketed the Z10 far more than any other product was pushed this spring, at least in Canada. They're also sponsoring the Mercedes F1 team. That's as big a marketing push as you can make and it costs big money.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:25 AM
    Include with the Z30 a free miracast HDMI dongle. The dongle would work with any BlackBerry 10 phone. Use BBM to video chat using Tv and Z30 camera, come on BlackBerry, get creative. They can advertise with some type of theme of "who needs a tablet when you can have 50" display" or something like that. Doesn't that fit in Thorsten's vision of a single smart device that connects to what are essentially peripherals (no need for tablets?).
    09-13-13 01:06 AM
    Edit: I think BlackBerry needs to reinforce confidence in all its owners and potential buyers.(no sell)

Advertisement I watch a good amount of tv and don't notice too many BlackBerry commercials

I also think they should think about having different specs:
    Screen is fine to me(opinion)
    3 gigs of ram
    2.0+ dual core or 1.7+ quad core
    32 gigs internal storage
    Camera is fine with me(opinion) just needs good low light, zoom, and aperture
    $199 on contract $450-500 off

Maybe BlackBerry should include a stylus pen for the z30 like the galaxy note and a case? That could win some ppl over

What you think?!!
    Last edited by Clifdenhill; 09-13-13 at 04:36 AM.
    09-13-13 04:04 AM
    The 64 bits in all reality will NOT be faster, suck more juice and have all kinds of other issues because it is a pioneer in mobile OS and bugs will need to be ironed out....
    Still very cool, though. So is a fingerprint scanner. There is nothing cool about the Z30 (at least not yet). And just to be clear, I'm saying this from a consumer's perspective, not necessarily my own. Though I do hate phablets.
    09-13-13 12:16 PM
    No negative guesses. All I'm saying is that if the leaks are true, then the general public won't be wowed by an underspecced and unexciting phone by a company whose prospects are unsure.

I'd love it if the Z30 were to become a success. But does anyone really believe that it might be?
    h20work likes this.
    09-13-13 12:42 PM
    Include with the Z30 a free miracast HDMI dongle. The dongle would work with any BlackBerry 10 phone. Use BBM to video chat using Tv and Z30 camera, come on BlackBerry, get creative. They can advertise with some type of theme of "who needs a tablet when you can have 50" display" or something like that. Doesn't that fit in Thorsten's vision of a single smart device that connects to what are essentially peripherals (no need for tablets?).
    Won't work with the Z10, outdated wifi chipset
    09-13-13 12:53 PM
    No negative guesses. All I'm saying is that if the leaks are true, then the general public won't be wowed by an underspecced and unexciting phone by a company whose prospects are unsure.

I'd love it if the Z30 were to become a success. But does anyone really believe that it might be?
    Sorry that comment was for scalemaster34 as you can see I'm a Newbie here
    i know that battery life lasts over 24 hours, amazing upgraded hub, New wow with their microphone. And many more features.
    If people keep thinking negatively rather than giving the product a shot, yes it will die. I think we should re-define what cool means! Is it how useful the device can be letting us multi task and execut somany things at the same time or 100, 000,000 apps that we downlowd and delete the next day!
    Z30 is a beautiful device, BB10 is the best platform out there and let's not forget that Blackberry invented Smart phones so they guys know what they are doing!
    Media should really find a new topic and let Blackberry show what BB10 is all about. If it's good enough for US government and Mercedes Benz, I'm sure it's good for everyday users like us.
    BTW love my Z10, never going back to iphone and will never touch a crappy full of bug Samsung!
    09-13-13 01:04 PM
    REALITY CHECK

It's really funny how everyone thinks they know everything about BB!
    have you even worked with a BB10 device?
    Z30 hasn't come out yet and people like you are trying to kill it.
    All you say is I think, I'm not sure. Well then until you are certain keep your negative guesses to yourself!!
    hazarder likes this.
    09-13-13 01:05 PM
    You know, I really don't think the z30 needs much more than what it is already rumored to have. It's already going to be much faster than the z10.. in order to get a WOW factor, it needs a new feature... not better specs, those are already good. Even at that, blackberry will still continue unnoticed.

Posted via that z10!
    That's it exactally. At this point smartphones have gotten to a point where most users will not use all of the power and fuctons that these devices have to offer, so they it becomes what does this device do better than or have that the other phones don't? Samsung is thin, light, touchwiz is a great skin, HTC has Boom sound, LG has the best LCD display, and most customization, Nokia has best camera, Apple best ecosystem, Motorola best call quality and durible design, and BlackBerry best stockkeyboard (both full touch and hardware), designed for communication.

Problem for BlackBerry is they haven't done a great job of showing off the Z10 keyboard and comparing it to others, and it's difficult to show of the hun in a 30 TV commercial. But if you have touchless controls, or a new always on voice controls it seems easier to show that off.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:10 PM
    If there was no app gap between BB10 and iOS, then the Z30 would compete with iPhone 5 capably: it's got a higher resolution screen, a larger screen, a fast processor, a sublime OS... but without apps, it's a niche market device where any iPhone is a mass-market device. So, what the Z30 needs is what BB10 needs: close the app gap.... oh, then tell the entire WORLD that the app gap is closed.

They need to pay "Big Bang Theory" script writers to write in that Sheldon uses a BB10 device and Penny uses an iPhone and have them battle a bit. Have Penny say things like "I thought it was only available in Europe" and "Don't I need to have a special plan?" etc. and Sheldon can act like his usual know-it-all self and discount those rumours. I wonder if BBT would accept 2 million dollars to do that? It would pay the production costs for the entire episode.
    09-13-13 02:11 PM
63 123