Given the news on the iPhone 5s what Do you think has to be improved or needed on the z30 to compete?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:22 PM
    Given the news on the iPhone 5s what Do you think has to be improved or needed on the z30 to compete?

Posted via CB10
    Give it a platform and it will have a shot.
    09-10-13 02:37 PM
    Looks like the iphone 5s is lagging behind even the rumored specs of the z30

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    A $1 billion in marketing, then another billion in advertising, then similar on carrier incentives.
    Spencerdl, Dzyen and szlevi like this.
    09-10-13 02:59 PM
    One things is needed and that is apps applications same on andriod not apple andriod thats all..

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:57 PM
    Z30 needs to calm down and move on

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    09-10-13 11:07 PM
    Two words...A LOT
    Greenghost likes this.
    09-10-13 11:12 PM
    It needs to have features its competitors don't. That's how you get attention and out run your opponent.

I don't really see too many features that BlackBerry has that aren't available on other platforms.
    yxd0018 likes this.
    09-10-13 11:41 PM
    Apple has been coasting for a while now. The iphone 4 was great and groundbreaking but since then all they've done is offer slight improvements. This time around get a new color option (gold) slightly faster speed, and a fingerprint scanner no one was really asking for. And Apple thinks this is better than say a wireless charging, NFC, or micor SD card slot.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 01:20 AM
    the new iPhone(s) aren't that impressive. Mild improvements over previous gen - nothing to get excited about.

The Z30 will be a technically superior device. The issue is, and always has been, how to sell the benefits to consumers.

BlackBerry need to nail some effective marketing. Take a leaf out of Samsung's book.
    MacyJ likes this.
    09-11-13 01:46 AM
    Way better camera and pay good money to get the companies/developers make native apps for the most used and in demand apps Eg. Instagram.

Also more innovative social media video campaigns about its features and its strengths over other handsets especially the Android player.

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    lordpuppy and nuke99 like this.
    09-11-13 02:10 AM
    A blank marketing check and a new CMO.

Posted via CB10
    Spencerdl, yxd0018, LWKING and 2 others like this.
    09-11-13 03:28 AM
    One things is needed and that is apps applications same on andriod not apple andriod thats all..

Posted via CB10
    I think that's the main reason that people have put up with apple for so long is because they have the best ecosystem. As much as I hate to give Apple props I they have the most apps, most music, and most videos in their store.

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-11-13 04:46 AM
    The iphone 5s has a great tri core GPU.

I believe even the rumored specs points to the z30 having a quad core. The first smart phone to have one.

The z30 would need exclusive games or content specially developed using z30 hardware.

I am also hoping it will include a super secret killer feature. One we haven't discovered yet.

Posted via CB10
    lordpuppy likes this.
    09-11-13 06:18 AM
    The iphone 5s has a great tri core GPU.
    What, what?

I believe even the rumored specs points to the z30 having a quad core. The first smart phone to have one.
    Huh? You are more than a year late to be the first, pal and if Z30 does not arrive in this quarter you're getting close to be 2 years behind...

...and worse, the Z30 rumored to arrive with a mediocre dual-core CPU.

The z30 would need exclusive games or content specially developed using z30 hardware.
    Ahem... so just what is the "exclusive" in Z30's hardware? Because if rumors are true it's a completely stock Qualcomm SoC, and a rather outdated one at that.

I am also hoping it will include a super secret killer feature. One we haven't discovered yet.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like a reasonable price tag that reflects its mediocre HW platform ie $0 money down w/ 2-y $20/mo or $480 unlocked...?
    Donvald likes this.
    09-11-13 08:25 AM
    the new iPhone(s) aren't that impressive. Mild improvements over previous gen - nothing to get excited about.

The Z30 will be a technically superior device. The issue is, and always has been, how to sell the benefits to consumers.

BlackBerry need to nail some effective marketing. Take a leaf out of Samsung's book.
    How will it be technically superior?
    09-11-13 09:06 AM
    I just CAN'T believe we are STILL talking about BlackBerry needing to have better marketing, they still think they don't need any?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:16 AM
    What, what?

Huh? You are more than a year late to be the first, pal and if Z30 does not arrive in this quarter you're getting close to be 2 years behind...

...and worse, the Z30 rumored to arrive with a mediocre dual-core CPU.

Ahem... so just what is the "exclusive" in Z30's hardware? Because if rumors are true it's a completely stock Qualcomm SoC, and a rather outdated one at that.

You mean like a reasonable price tag that reflects its mediocre HW platform ie $0 money down w/ 2-y $20/mo or $480 unlocked...?
    Isn't this tread about suggestions or opinions about what the z30 needs to compete? What's with your condescending tone? These are just my thoughts and opinions. Take a chill pill why don't you.

Mind pointing out to me which phone is available and has a QUAD CORE GPU? Not CPU mind you. And please don't talk about tablets, if it doesn't have a gsm radio it's a tablet.

If blackberry could pay some developers to create special games using z30 hardware wouldn't it be a great USP? Much like nokia's very special camera. Unlikely as it is. Again it's just ideas and opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    09-11-13 11:34 AM
    BB is in coma, not sleeping.
    09-11-13 12:15 PM
    I just CAN'T believe we are STILL talking about BlackBerry needing to have better marketing, they still think they don't need any?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry isn't trying to market BB10. Look at how much cash they had on hand when they launched the Z10, Q10 and Q5 then look at the marketing they had for those devices and how little of that cash they spent. BlackBerry executives aren't that dumb - don't get me wrong, they are dumb, just not THAT dumb.

BlackBerry isn't marketing these phones because they aren't willing to invest the money in trying to make the products sell. BlackBerry has been trying to find a buyer for a while now. Rumors claim that they were trying to sell before BB10 even launched. They need to keep that horde of cash to help entice someone into buying them. BlackBerry rushed the BB10 devices to market to show potential buyers that they have something new for them to work with. They don't care if people buy the phones or not. They just hope some other company sees the work that they have already started, and buys them.
    09-11-13 01:09 PM
    Three things. When they launch, they need to have a quick turn around from announcement to roll out. It needs to(and I don't care about the cost) needs to have those top ten apps from the other platforms(Instagram, Pinterest, Skype, Tumblr, etc). Finally it needs to have a funny, concise and very powerful message to its marketing launch, which cannot be one commercial seen at one event but rather targeted ads, product placement in several shows(like they used too!), strong online presence and print ads(Hey they are getting cheaper why not?). They need to control their message not allow the carriers or the media to control it.
    09-11-13 01:13 PM
    Three things. When they launch, they need to have a quick turn around from announcement to roll out. It needs to(and I don't care about the cost) needs to have those top ten apps from the other platforms(Instagram, Pinterest, Skype, Tumblr, etc). Finally it needs to have a funny, concise and very powerful message to its marketing launch, which cannot be one commercial seen at one event but rather targeted ads, product placement in several shows(like they used too!), strong online presence and print ads(Hey they are getting cheaper why not?). They need to control their message not allow the carriers or the media to control it.
    All that and a competitive price. $100 on contract and a very aggressive off retail price. This phone needs adoption, so price aggressive from the launch.
    09-11-13 01:27 PM
    I don't think the z30 needs anything other than 10.2+++. I love the UI of bb10 and hope it doesn't go away. The vast majority of people want phones they can tinker with and customize. Some of that is present but a lot is missing. For example ring tones, ect.... I would like to be able to replace the search icon on the bottom of the home screen to something I use more. Be able to customize my bbm profile to let only certain people see it,... the list goes on. I'm not certain but I believe some time ago, a year or two, bbry said they would focus on bbry, the brand, towards business side of things, which I believe is going well considering a lot of agencies and top businesses are using bb10. As an everyday driver for the masses, unfortunately bb10 just doesn't have enough appeal. Eco system lacks any sparkle. At best it's half decent. Major apps missing is not a good thing. Apple is successful because it's a dumb phone mascarading as a smart phone and well the masses are......I hope bbry stays alive and keeps improving.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:13 PM
    All that and a competitive price. $100 on contract and a very aggressive off retail price. This phone needs adoption, so price aggressive from the launch.
    I don't know where you live but in the US that's not competitive at all - $0 down with 24-month $20/mo where the new norm is (= retail $480 plus tax.) New phones might arrive at higher price but they drop within 2-3 months and BB does not have a month, forget several...
    09-11-13 02:23 PM
    I don't know where you live but in the US that's not competitive at all - $0 down with 24-month $20/mo where the new norm is (= retail $480 plus tax.) New phones might arrive at higher price but they drop within 2-3 months and BB does not have a month, forget several...
    I think we agree here, whatever the new norm is price aggressive.
    szlevi likes this.
    09-11-13 02:29 PM
63 123