Have had my Z30 since January this year, and I don't have any hardware issues. So it is wrong to generalise the issues you are having. The days of hardware problems are over for BlackBerry smartphones. I know that for sure. All you need is to use your phone, which ever make it is, with love.

Posted with my Z30 from the city of Lagos, Nigeria.
    I would use it with love if I could use it right out of the box but I can't ......
    08-29-14 08:27 AM
    It's frustrating when stuff like that happens. My wife just got an LG G3. Something seemed wrong with it as it was constantly dropping WiFi (I'm talking about like every 15 minutes, and on all routers in all WiFi locations). I thought (hoped) this can't be right - they can't all be like this. I didn't see a large volume of such complaints in the forums, so I sent it back for replacement and hoped for the best. Well, replacement had no such problems.

FYI, I have a Z30. Unfortunately, I have dropped the thing quite a few times. No case is on it - only a screen protector. Fortunately, it has survived it all brilliantly. I am in construction, out in the field in harsh environments. I am impressed with how my Z30 has help up. So, I say don't worry about it. Yes, you may be unlucky, but just like my experience with the LG G3, I do not see a large volume of forum traffic with your specific issues.
    DarthBerry likes this.
    08-29-14 09:19 AM
    Tough luck, hope they resolve the issue for you. I've been quite satisfied thus far. The only hardware related issue with BlackBerry devices I've had is the front facing camera on the PlayBook malfunction.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:10 PM
    My last Z10 had battery issues and had to be replaced. My current Z30s mic just stopped working. I feel your pain...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:51 PM
    The title is absolutely over dramatic. Having bad luck and being frustrated about getting a couple bad devices, would annoy me as well. But that being the cause for bringing an entire company down is pretty over dramatic as far as I'm concerned. I have many apple friends, who have had many bad devices that had to be returned, but that clearly is not bringing Apple down, so why is it that blackberry has the same issues, but that will bring them down? It's unfortunate, and it shouldn't happen....agreed. Everyone would agree. But that won't "Kill Blackberry". I buy my phones directly from the carrier store. I don't have them shipped. They open it, set it up and ready to go. if there's a defect, they'd see it and replace it immediately. Maybe you should stop having things shipped? Can't blame blackberry if the guy delivering it is throwing the box around his truck.
    08-29-14 02:01 PM
    The title is absolutely over dramatic. Having bad luck and being frustrated about getting a couple bad devices, would annoy me as well. But that being the cause for bringing an entire company down is pretty over dramatic as far as I'm concerned. I have many apple friends, who have had many bad devices that had to be returned, but that clearly is not bringing Apple down, so why is it that blackberry has the same issues, but that will bring them down? It's unfortunate, and it shouldn't happen....agreed. Everyone would agree. But that won't "Kill Blackberry". I buy my phones directly from the carrier store. I don't have them shipped. They open it, set it up and ready to go. if there's a defect, they'd see it and replace it immediately. Maybe you should stop having things shipped? Can't blame blackberry if the guy delivering it is throwing the box around his truck.
    I would love to walk into a t-mobile store and pick up a Z30. But guess what? You can't... and you can't tell me that the reason BlackBerry is and had a hard time in the consumer market is because of the perception that their hardware is not to par with others. Storm anyone??? And in my original post I posted or that if someone that is not a devoted BlackBerry user had the same bad luck I have they would never go e the brand a second chance much less a third chance. What some of you don't get it is that I want BlackBerry to succeed but in order to do so they need to raise above the Apples and Galaxies of the world, we should not have to deal with hardware issues right out of the box or component failure within the first week. I want to be able to hold a Z100 or whatever they decide to name their flagship device ten or twenty years from now but we will not get there is perception and reality are not changed. US supporters and share holders should expect a premium experience if we are paying for it. Gossh talk about a run in sentence and poor grammar... I give up I'm just ranting at this point

Posted via CB10
    gobimmer likes this.
    08-29-14 04:26 PM
    Surprised you had hardware issues. I have had many many BBs and I have been lucky enough not to have any hardware issues with my Z10 or Z30.

Hope you get a nice replacement soon.
    Same here, bad energy maybe???? J/K!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 04:35 PM
    The only thing I find,is if ordered through a carrier, they usually try to push a refurbished unit on you instead of a brand new one!

Hope your replacement is better!

Posted via CB10
    Yer refurbished units are my nemesis. With all my bb's I've had hardware issues and to be frank my Z10 experience has been a joke. Trouble is I love BB10 too much.

Posted using my 5th replacement Z10 but gawd I love it
    08-29-14 04:48 PM
    Wtf carrier makes you wait three weeks for a replacement?? People can say what they want about Verizon, but the most I go without is three days...actually, I don't even 'go without' because it is so easy to switch to an old device with Verizon, then switch back to the replacement. Zero hassle.
    08-29-14 05:24 PM
    Fex Ex and UPS damage stuff all of the time. If you were a kid working in garage conditions chucking and throwing boxs all day long how much do you really care? Ask the truck drivers how much they care when they damage something and have dirty urine. The tooth fairy doesnt do it. HDD get damaged in shipping all of the time. Guess what, a harddrive is either good or bad at the factory last test 100 percent of the time. Still many show up damaged or DOA. Maybe we can request a drone float us our phones and other sensitive electronics like hard drives someday?
    'all the time' is a bit exaggerated...and I expect someone who collects a wage to perform good work, which I expect nearly all UPS and FedEx employees do.
    08-29-14 05:27 PM
    It's frustrating when stuff like that happens. My wife just got an LG G3. Something seemed wrong with it as it was constantly dropping WiFi (I'm talking about like every 15 minutes, and on all routers in all WiFi locations). I thought (hoped) this can't be right - they can't all be like this. I didn't see a large volume of such complaints in the forums, so I sent it back for replacement and hoped for the best. Well, replacement had no such problems.

FYI, I have a Z30. Unfortunately, I have dropped the thing quite a few times. No case is on it - only a screen protector. Fortunately, it has survived it all brilliantly. I am in construction, out in the field in harsh environments. I am impressed with how my Z30 has help up. So, I say don't worry about it. Yes, you may be unlucky, but just like my experience with the LG G3, I do not see a large volume of forum traffic with your specific issues.
    Construction with no case?? I work in sheetmetal fabrication and I've been putting my naked z30 away in my toolbox. My z10, on the other hand, stayed in my front pocket. However, my Z10 developed an ear speaker issue. I believe it's because of the metal dust in the shop as everyone in the shop the same issue eventually.
    08-29-14 05:33 PM
    Surprised you had hardware issues. I have had many many BBs and I have been lucky enough not to have any hardware issues with my Z10 or Z30.

Hope you get a nice replacement soon.
    Agreed...! I got my Z30 beginning of July and have had zero hardware issues. Works great and battery life is absolutely amazing!

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    08-29-14 07:25 PM
    I think it is a bit more than just luck. If it is just luck, then I have had horrible luck with BlackBerry phones only. The last BlackBerry model of phone I bought that didn't have to be returned atleast once was the Storm 9530. My 9550 had a unresponsive switch on one corner of the screen new out of the box. My 9650 had a crooked and slanted trackpad. My 9370's mic was dead on arrival new out of the box. My first 9930 had a crooked and pushed-in trackpad and my second 9930 software bricked itself one night while I was sleeping. My Z10s each worked as they should, but I didn't buy those (BB developer promotions) and my Q10 suffered the double typing issue after only a couple of months of use.

After my own experience and the replies here, I think it may be a problem with BlackBerry quality control and not just luck.
    08-30-14 12:58 PM
    I hate it when I expect a long, boring analysis and I don't get one.
    08-30-14 01:00 PM
    I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. Here's hoping the issues are resolved quickly by BlackBerry and that they can re-earn your trust in their hardware, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-30-14 01:30 PM
    A defective device is definitely a pain. I've had 2 devices with a problem out of about15 or so. A 9800 Torch with a slider problem, my company issued iPhone 5 had a home button that kept sticking when depressed. Telus replaced the 9800 on the spot with a brand new one, and the Apple store replaced the iPhone on the spot as well.
    08-30-14 01:58 PM
    I really hope so I just to brag about my Z30 like most in the forums do, I only buy new blackberries as I am somewhat picky with my electronics. BlackBerry was my first smartphone and I will support the company and their products until they close shop. I do enjoy windows phone and every now and then android but I always comeback to my roots.. and slowly try to convert family members.

Posted via CB10
    Look at it this way. Your situation is unique. If go by the statistic, you have nothing but upside from here on. Otherwise you and your family need to bath in holy water.
    08-30-14 02:08 PM
    The only hardware problem I had was with my previous device, a 9860 Torch. Wonderful BBOS device, but the RAM became faulty.

The good thing about this is that it made me switch to BB 10 on a Z10.
    08-30-14 02:10 PM
    My carrier (Telus) did the same thing, but after the second time bringing my q10 on for repair for the same issue, they offered me the choice of any new phone in the store. And behold, the origins of my beautiful and issue free z30

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:34 PM
    BlackBerry did resolve the issue by sending a replacement unit that has no issues. I'm loving the device and like I said before, I'm a huge supporter that just likes to express his opinion I'm looking forward to the next all touch flagship device from BlackBerry next year...
    Cheers mates!!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:28 AM
    Greetings from Boston. I've been using BlackBerries for years now and NEVER had a problem with any of them. On contrary I am the proof that BlackBerry equals high quality. I will continue to trust these devices and the company behind them. Thanks.

Via CB10 on Z30
    Ecm likes this.
    08-31-14 01:08 AM
    These posts still exist? Lol

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-31-14 02:19 AM
    I have had several BlackBerry devices over the years and never had any major hardware issues except for the occasional trackball mouse cleaning every now and then.

I even had 7 z30's over the past summer because every time I bought one and showed it to a client, they wanted to buy it and I ended up selling it to them. None if them have ever reported any hardware issues with the devices.

Just installed 10.3.0.1052 on my newest z30 which has performed flawlessly and I really like this device. I have come back to BlackBerry from IOS and I an excited about the future and not looking back.

PS: going to buy a passport as soon as a unlocked GSM model is released.

Posted from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA using 10.3.0.1052
    08-31-14 04:28 PM
48 12