The reason I ask is I see posts here of people on day 4 from a single change?

How did you manage that?

I barely get a full day depending on use. Now that's now bad compared to the z10 I replaced.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:28 PM
    mine lasts forever, i dont do anything special, wifi is on, data is on lte, locations, apps running, browser going, music, video, this beast is a champ.
    11-17-13 04:55 PM
    The reason I ask is I see posts here of people on day 4 from a single change?

How did you manage that?

I barely get a full day depending on use. Now that's now bad compared to the z10 I replaced.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem. My HUB was sucking CPU like 32-35% at all times and I barely made it thru the day. I just did a soft reset and it fixed it. Now the battery is performing like a champ.
    11-17-13 05:04 PM
    Got any Android apps installed?
    They might be running in the background and sucking the battery

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:09 PM
    Got any Android apps installed?
    They might be running in the background and sucking the battery

Posted via CB10
    More times than not it's user error.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-17-13 05:10 PM
    Many of your answers lie here. Go to Systems Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor. See what is using CPU and what is idle.
    eldricho likes this.
    11-17-13 05:17 PM
    More times than not it's user error.
    It is the assumption that the user is always wrong or not important that got BB where they are now.

For instance on my Z10 , I turned it on 2 hours 20 mins ago and battery has gone from 100% [99% actually immediately] to 73%. having sent 2 BBM messages totalling less than 50 words for both of them. My Z10 will not last a 8 hour working day without charging and with only light to moderate use.

Initial comments are that I must be on a leaked OS or have sideloaded apps, this not being the case as I have 10.2 official upgrade and only native BB apps, cynical or sarcastic remarks do not help when people who have had BB for years are dissapoited at the new BB that was going to set new standards in phone technology.
    None of this helped by the fact that the person I gave my 9900 to when buying the Z10 is more than happy.

Best Battery saving tip I can give is to not turn it on.
    11-17-13 05:44 PM
    It is the assumption that the user is always wrong or not important that got BB where they are now.

For instance on my Z10 , I turned it on 2 hours 20 mins ago and battery has gone from 100% [99% actually immediately] to 73%. having sent 2 BBM messages totalling less than 50 words for both of them. My Z10 will not last a 8 hour working day without charging and with only light to moderate use.

Initial comments are that I must be on a leaked OS or have sideloaded apps, this not being the case as I have 10.2 official upgrade and only native BB apps, cynical or sarcastic remarks do not help when people who have had BB for years are dissapoited at the new BB that was going to set new standards in phone technology.
    None of this helped by the fact that the person I gave my 9900 to when buying the Z10 is more than happy.

I didn't say that the user is wrong.

sent from my galaxy note 3 via crackberry forums app.
    11-17-13 09:34 PM
    ...cynical or sarcastic remarks do not help when people who have had BB for years are dissapoited at the new BB that was going to set new standards in phone technology.
    You followed this...

with this. That doesn't help.

Battery life is completely dependent on personal usage and also on how the battery is treated in the first few weeks. The phone itself will cause huge battery drains in the first day or two as it indexes all the contacts and account info that you have added. In that time it is also best to keep your phone charged when you can and to never charge in small doses. Always charge to full before disconnecting. Charge it at night. Keeping it out of the heat is another tough problem to overcome. Ease your battery into it. This is good advice for any device.

I really hope BlackBerry learned a valuable lesson from the Z10 though. It has the worst battery life of all the devices. Overheating was an early issue with the Z10 and is the biggest culprit for a bad battery even after upgrading the OS. It's almost better to upgrade the OS and get a new battery just to alleviate that problem.

FYI, 10.2.1.1055 has very good battery life. Many improvement are still coming along.
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    Can someone with outstanding battery life please post what the device monitor shows as running.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:28 PM
    Thanks for the good tips on battery care.

I will get the charging bundle for my DD who I handed my z10 to when I upgraded to my z30. Perhaps install the new second battery to his phone and use the older one as part of the charger.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:14 AM