Loved my Z30 for 4.5 years. Eventually moved to a Motion.

Today I pulled out my Z30 after putting it in a drawer since Jan when I started using my Motion full time. Still had 85% charge.

But what should I do with it? At work, I used a cheap Android phone as a Spotify player with a bluetooth speaker. I'd love to give my Z30 some sort of single purpose like that, so I could leave it on my desk at home.

I may use it as a spare camera. The camera is... ok. At least it picks up sound better than my Motion. lol
    07-06-18 10:28 PM
    My son has my old Z30 to play Spotify, watch youtube, BBM his family and play a few games.
    skilas likes this.
    07-06-18 10:32 PM
    I just relegated my Z30 to my Organizer, music machine and WiFi only device... I just can not part with it after 5 years... I can not find anything that comes close to it...

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    07-09-18 02:23 PM
    Maybe I'll use it as a music machine too. is it hard to get Spotify on it?

And what's the best way to use YouTube? browser or app?
    07-10-18 11:32 AM
    I still can use YouTube on my browser and I find some of the YouTube apps are very quirky... There is a little app I still use to find and download music called, "Music Finder" on BlackBerry World.. It's not amazing, but it gets the job done...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 11:38 PM
    Spotify still works.
    07-11-18 08:21 PM
    I still can use YouTube on my browser and I find some of the YouTube apps are very quirky... There is a little app I still use to find and download music called, "Music Finder" on BlackBerry World.. It's not amazing, but it gets the job done...

Posted via CB10
    Use the browser page, I forget what it's called (musicpleer.com) or something but you can check multiple pages for the song your searching. The app only let's you see the first page.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 08:29 PM
    Loved my Z30 for 4.5 years. Eventually moved to a Motion.

Today I pulled out my Z30 after putting it in a drawer since Jan when I started using my Motion full time. Still had 85% charge.

But what should I do with it? At work, I used a cheap Android phone as a Spotify player with a bluetooth speaker. I'd love to give my Z30 some sort of single purpose like that, so I could leave it on my desk at home.

I may use it as a spare camera. The camera is... ok. At least it picks up sound better than my Motion. lol
    Although Android Auto is far more evolved than anything on a BB10 device I still enjoy BB Maps far more than any other map service. The directions are far more accurate; the enhanced traffic mode is far quicker to kick in; and the voice turn by turn instructions are better timed giving a lot more notice than those on Google Maps which make announcements when you're almost on top of your turn or location.

Maybe use it as a dedicated mapping device?
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 07-12-18 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Grammar/Clarity
    MrScotian likes this.
    07-12-18 05:08 PM
    Keep it. Factory reset it before the end of the year and install a couple native apps with connection to a service like OneDrive. No android apps though, with one acception and possibly another in development.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-18 07:22 PM
    Ignore the pokes suggesting to throw it out. You'll find lots of uses for it. If you are truly lost for what to do with it, send it to me.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-12-18 08:14 PM
    Ignore the pokes suggesting to throw it out. You'll find lots of uses for it. If you are truly lost for what to do with it, send it to me.
    You’re no fun. There’s a Z30 on here for sale for $65 CDN. Imagine the YouTube hits linked inside CB with a secondary link to purchase a Key2.
    07-12-18 09:15 PM
    You’re no fun. There’s a Z30 on here for sale for $65 CDN. Imagine the YouTube hits linked inside CB with a secondary link to purchase a Key2.
    Saw a key2 in a store today for first time. It was actually smaller than I had expected/thought (that's a good thing for me) and seemed rather slick, but I still don't think the key1/2 or the Motion are for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-12-18 09:42 PM
    You’re north of border in Canada, right ? When everyone says they want Android Passport, I believe Key2 gets as close as you’ll get in actual production device. The Motion is Android Z50 everyone pined away for. If you can find Motion in carrier, I’d be all over it. Not available through AT&T.
    07-12-18 09:47 PM
    Saw a key2 in a store today for first time. It was actually smaller than I had expected/thought (that's a good thing for me) and seemed rather slick, but I still don't think the key1/2 or the Motion are for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    That's somewhat good news because the Key1 & 2 look way to tall for me, I'm not ready to jump on that bus yet. The Q10 size is what I like for a communications device.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-18 09:48 PM
    ...But what should I do with it?...
    I've used my Playbook (recently) as a photo frame at a get together. You could probably use the Z30 to drive a large screen TV. The file system via wifi function of Playbook and BB10 I have always found to be extremely useful. You could use it as a spare misc storage device on your network. I've even used that feature on my Playbook (within the last year) as a mount point for running Yamon on a ddwrt router, in order to keep better track of individual device usage. DOSBOX would probably also work on the Z30, to use it as a retro gaming platform, especially since a keyboard and pointing device/joystick could probably be directly connected via USB (unlike when using DOSBOX on Playbook) .

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-13-18 05:48 AM
    Does it make voice calls? Use it as a phone
    Can it send and receive emails? Use it as your email checker.
    Does the calendar still work? Use it as a calendar, hey maybe even make appointments on it.
    Hey there's a Web browser, maybe use it when surfing on the couch
    Hit up YouTube and hook it up to your TV.

Look, there are hundreds of millions of people in India, Africa and other places around the world
    07-13-18 09:21 PM
    ... who would kill to have a phone half as good as a Z30. They get 'new' Android s##t phones which are not even half as good or capable as the Z30...

Donate the darn thing if you think it's useless. Please don't destroy a perfectly working device and consign it to the landfill.
    07-13-18 09:24 PM
    Use it as a HDMI out player for a big screen. Or maybe an alarm clock.
    07-14-18 03:23 AM
    It's the best alarm clock I own....

Posted via CB10
    07-18-18 12:42 AM
    Spotify still works.
    I'm actually shocked Spotify still works. I did not get into Spotify under AFTER I moved from my Z30 to the Motion. So I never got the app in the first place. Now I listen to Spotify everyday. So the fact that I just downloaded it via the Amazon App store (onto my Leap), and it seems to work just fine, AMAZES me. As a long time BB10 user, I just lived my life assuming most apps didn't or no longer works on BB10...
    07-25-18 10:18 PM
    One thing I was going to use alongside Spotify was Evernote. I've replaced using "Notes or Remember" with Evernote. Using it on the PC too is the best. But the free version can only sync to two phones. So my new lineup of Motion, Z30, Leap, Z10 won't work. and Premium Evernote is way too much annually...
    08-01-18 11:13 PM
    One thing I was going to use alongside Spotify was Evernote. I've replaced using "Notes or Remember" with Evernote. Using it on the PC too is the best. But the free version can only sync to two phones. So my new lineup of Motion, Z30, Leap, Z10 won't work. and Premium Evernote is way too much annually...
    Evernote will sync with Remember on as many phones as you want. Zoom is great so make big notes and link + share them together with a notebook, shorten the URl and you've got all your notes anytime anywhere.

Embedding with that app can be mind boggling. Contacts can hold an assortment of resources and provide a native interface.

To an extent. They probably don't like that so even though you can.. don't push it.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-02-18 at 09:49 AM.
    08-02-18 09:38 AM
    I love my Z30, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Motion, but still not sold, I've had this Z30 for just over 5 years now, keep it nice and clean and safe with the otter box.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-18 04:40 PM
    I love my Z30, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Motion, but still not sold, I've had this Z30 for just over 5 years now, keep it nice and clean and safe with the otter box.

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy with upgrading my Z30 to a Motion. Had my Z30 since launch until the launch of the Motion. Here's my main points to help you decide.

Pros:
    It's nice to finally have all the major apps, and they work.
    Nice build quality.
    Bigger battery.
    Waterproof.

Cons:
    Aluminum trim is slippery. But if you're an otterbox guy, this won't bother you once you get a case.
    Poor speakers compared to Z30.
    Super AMOLED screen of Z30 is better imho.
    No HDMI micro out.
    08-05-18 11:22 PM
    Thanks for the info, it's definitely going to make my decision easier, cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-06-18 08:44 AM
35 12