I was trying to put into words what makes me keep using my Z30. I also have an HTC One, it actually does a lot more and many things a lot better, but I still for some reason love the flow and feel of my Z30. It's weird, I was thinking of good and bad points between the 2 and logically it shouldn't be this way. But if I use my HTC, it just feels disjointed I guess...

Phone - Call volume louder on HTC, Z30 too quiet. But I love how the phone screen 'looks' and the easy voicemail access on my Z30
    Apps - I use browser shortcuts on my Z30, even the amazon app is flakey, HTC One all apps work
    Scheduling - The Z30 /OS10 calendar app is great, but having an open calendar widget on Android right on my homescreen is great too.
    Email/Messaging - Z30 womps everything with the hub. Even though it locks up sometimes and I have to restart, it's just so NICE.
    Screen - My HTC One seems all teeny tiny now, it's so narrow. No matter how the future goes, I will never have anything smaller then a Z30, bigger maybe, but never smaller. I like a big clock and weather with android on the homescreen, but...

I guess the size, feel, flow, battery life and the hub are just so good, it outweighs all the good points of my other phone.

No real point in this, just had to type it out
    06-20-14 01:11 PM
    It has replaced my Zune, er I mean Playbook completely. 1 PB stays in the Ridgeline for Nav and BT music, the other stays connected to my Audio/TV system to play my music. That's about all the PB is regulated to these days.

It's what the Praybook should have been...

c
    carter17 likes this.
    06-20-14 01:36 PM
    Phew, glad it's not just me. I've got a Z30 and an Xperia Z1. The Xperia does a lot of things better but the flow of the Z30 keeps pulling me back.
    The Z30 does the same as the Xperia on paper but Android does things quicker. USB otg is better on the Xperia, Google Now is very clever, Bluetooth syncing is handy etc. But the blackberry just wants to be used and is fun to use too.

And on a final note, BATTERY LIFE. I have to charge the Xperia all the time. I'm out all day next Thursday and Friday and will take the Z30, confident it'll get me through the day. The Xperia won't.

To summarise, you can have all the apps in the world and have them running silky smooth, but if your battery's dead, it means nothing!!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-20-14 02:12 PM
    Simple. I took my phone off the charger at 6 am yesterday. I am at 45 percent full at the moment

It works for me is all I can say

Posted via my Z30
    06-20-14 02:50 PM
    For me, it's the battery life. It's better than my Q10 and much better than my Z10.

I wish I were brave enough to not use a case on it. It really is a beautiful device... but I don't want anything bad to happen to it, so it's in an Otterbox.
    06-20-14 03:41 PM
    Battery life, speakers and BlackBerry Hub for me
    06-20-14 05:33 PM
    The promise of 10.3

Z30 Fido
    06-20-14 07:01 PM
    My current lack of an Android device. Lol
    Sold my Z2 last week so have to use my Z30. I honestly enjoy it a lot though.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:08 PM
    Using my wife's HTC one makes want to cry! I'm so glad I got her that phone and I stuck the blackberry...every time I pick up a another phone it remind how good and easy to use the z30 is!
    Apps? Who's cares about apps it's all about getting work done!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:32 AM
    Ease of use and that it just works. The OS and hardware work very well together, with no lags, glitchiness or stuttering. Its simplicity, in handling anything I throw at it, really.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:15 AM
    I love the work/personal management. I love the hub. I never drop calls or run out of power. I can listen to FM radio. The keyboard is simply the best of any device. I love the screen size and form factor. I love the speakers and the video playback.

What I do not like is the fragility of the glass - had to do a replacement. I do not like the lack of case options. The camera performance is sub par compared to other devices.

But "loves" out weigh the "dislikes"...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:33 PM
    Spec wise, any recent android phones beat the Z30 outright thats for sure.

Ou
    Examples include but not limited to are:
    Code:
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Note 3
    HTC M8
    Sony Xperia Z2
    However, for actual practically, the Z30, in my opinion beats it all.
    I was a huge fan of Android; there are so many apps, so much customizability options, widgets, custom roms, etc.. however as soon as I need to do something really quick, it slowed me down as I had so many apps that I couldn't find anything, so many widgets.

When it comes to BB10, I find I do so many things faster, sure there aren't that many native games. I rarely game on my phone, I use my tablet for gaming.
    Typing is way faster and more accurate than any stock android, or for that matter, even any 3rd party keyboards.
    Actually doing something, like composing an email seems faster, everything seems like one application.

Camera wise though.. I rarely take photos, but when I do, sometimes it falls short, but it is still a good camera
    Battery wise? Love the battery. All of my friends either use an iPhone or an Android phone. They always ask me to do something on my phone, like look up a video or something because they often use the excuse "Oh my phone is about to die"

Overall a great phone
    LeeU1911 and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-21-14 01:49 PM
    Yea I've got most of the major flagships but something keeps pulling me back! Nothing beats the battery on this thing either, at least in reliability. My One Max some days lasts forever some days it dies well before my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:23 PM
    Thanks for all replies! Very interesting, most of us seem to have the same loves with this device
    Typing this out I'm reminded of how good the word flick is too!
    06-21-14 08:51 PM
    Snap, and the fact that it doesn't freeze up every time I unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:59 PM
    It's larger size for my big guerrilla hands. Z10 felt like a toy.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:29 PM
    Size and battery, compared to my old Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:39 PM
    I actually have a iPhone 5s, Q10 and a Z30. I like playing with phones, what can I say! Out of all of them I love a piece of every one of them but no matter what I keep coming back to the Z30! Matter of fact, I'm flicking with the keyboard right now! I love this phones keyboard and the HUB is the best way to communicate period. Love the Z30!

Posted from the beast of a phone, the Z30!
    06-21-14 10:46 PM
    Well my Z30 arrive only a couple of days ago. But compared witch my Z10, the flagships are: Screen (size and quality), battery and sound (stereo and FM). I do not have any TV with Miracast, but when I do it will be another flagship!

At the end. I'm very happy with my new phone and waiting for 10.3.1!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:50 PM
    I bought the Z30 awhile back when it first came out. Replaced it with the S4, Z1 Compact. In the end, I'm back to the Z30. Absolutely practical and a solid phone. Solid typing experience never mind it has less apps than Android or IOS. Email , What's Apps and Text Messaging is a clincher. The others are nowhere close. Battery life is easily a day and a half. Am now using the iPhone 5s as well as I'm travelling as an expat. The 5s is the next closest to the Z30. No regrets. The Z1 Compact and S4 are in my drawer gathering dust.

Izzy
    06-21-14 11:31 PM
    Oh wow, so you'd rate the z30 1st, iPhone close 2nd, then android 3rd?
    06-22-14 01:05 AM