What if there is never an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the Z30? What if the 5" Z30 is a one of a kind device,...destined for Verizon only? What if AT&T and or T-Mobile never see a device in the Z30 class?

So, how long will you soldier on with your Z10 or Q10? I know the Jakarta is coming, but we know it's a lesser spec'd device than the Z10.

In a nutshell, I'm amongst those that now think it's high time BlackBerry sold devices directly to customers. I don't know how many Z30s Verizon has moved, but I'm willing to bet that a lot more Z30s would have been sold had BlackBerry decided to sell devices for each U.S. carrier direct vs a sole exclusive U.S. carrier.

It is my firm belief that BlackBerry needs to make a serious move ahead of the iPhone 6 release. Afterall, they cannot say that they didn?t know an iPhone with a LARGER screen was coming just around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-18-14 08:35 AM
    They do need to sell directly to their customers, I agree!! It's not right that someone would have to switch carriers to gt the phone they want...and for those who can't switch, you have to go without??? Nonsense!
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    02-18-14 09:03 AM
    Well it's certainly not a Verizon exclusive because other carriers out of the country have it....

US carriers simply have no desire to put the effort into carrying BlackBerry. It's the sad truth.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 09:47 PM
    They already do it with Z10 and Q10's so why not the rest? Only they know. Unlocked direct sales are huge and also allow for carrier independent OS updates...

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=DpxClkfO

Check it out

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App on a Nexus 7
    02-18-14 10:07 PM
    I've been saying this for a bit, but I think it was a big mistake that BlackBerry didn't have retail outlets. Now I understand given their current position that retail chains are currently out of the question but at very least they should have had kiosks in malls, with educated employees to properly make the consumer aware of everything that BB10 has to offer...rather than leaving it in the hands of Carrier, and sales people earning commissions and pushing other devices. Maybe we will see this one day and let's hope so...because the carriers have shown everyone ( especially most recently) what they are about.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-18-14 10:21 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, you can buy an unlocked model designed for a Canadian carrier with compatible network technology...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:31 PM