During the trading day, I use 5 instances of the BB10 regular browser with the
    CNBC website. When I have spare time, I look at news, etc.; for this latter
    activity, I am using Private Browser. When I dismiss this private browser instance,
    my 5 browser instances remain undisturbed. I like this feature !!!

(In the past when I would just use a 6th instance of the regular browser, oftentimes
    I would forget and dismiss all six browser instances...instead of carefully deleting
    this sixth instance only. Then I had to reload all five regular instances of the
    regular browser pointing at CNBC. A simple but nice feature for me.)
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 07-24-15 at 02:47 PM. Reason: more info
    07-24-15 01:12 PM
    Shame the Private Browsers Active Frame is the same as the usual browser, seems like a major issue really, private browser that shows the page when minimised
    07-24-15 01:21 PM
    Shame the Private Browsers Active Frame is the same as the usual browser, seems like a major issue really, private browser that shows the page when minimised
    ??

No it isn't.

What I Love about Private Browser-img_20150724_152329.png

OHHHH!!!! I get it now!

Pal, the private part of the browser is data related, as in, no data will be stored on the device. It's not a stealth mode browser lol. I see your point, I really do, but that's NOT the user case here.

Private browser on BB10 is no different that what Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and the new Edge (Windows10) offer.
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    07-24-15 01:23 PM
    I just wish it had its own homescreen icon. I find it kind of annoying having to open the regular browser just to get to the private browser.
    jope28 and moegh like this.
    07-24-15 08:13 PM
    I too use Private browser whenever I need to login into some sites but not permanently... e.g. facebook.com

I don't like to login using regular browser, since many sites will offer and log me in using my Facebook account which I don't want to! (I like to create accounts using email address rather than my FB account! )

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.840 
    07-24-15 10:15 PM
    I just wish it had its own homescreen icon. I find it kind of annoying having to open the regular browser just to get to the private browser.
    I'll look into that, it might have a URI we can use.
    jope28 likes this.
    07-25-15 12:18 PM
    Annoying is unable to save bookmarks.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 12:49 PM
    Annoying is unable to save bookmarks.

Posted via CB10
    Surely that kinda defies the point of a private browser
    FF22, diegonei and niss63 like this.
    07-25-15 12:59 PM
    Nope, can only be invoked from the proper Invoke system, can't find any direct URI for it

Code:
    <invoke-target id="sys.browser.private">
            <invoke-target-type>application</invoke-target-type>
            <icon>
                <image>ca_browser_private.png</image>
            </icon>
            <filter>
                <action>bb.action.OPEN</action>
                <mime-type>*</mime-type>
                <property var="uris" value="http:,https:,ftp:,rtsp:"/>
            </filter>
            <filter>
                <action>bb.action.OPEN</action>
                <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
                <mime-type>application/xhtml+xml</mime-type>
                <mime-type>image/svg+xml</mime-type>
                <property var="uris" value="file://"/>
                <property var="exts" value="htm,html,xhtml,svg"/>
            </filter>
        </invoke-target>
    07-25-15 01:18 PM
    Surely that kinda defies the point of a private browser
    Not really, there are times I come across a site that I've traversed privately that I may wish to access openly, even sign-in to, give permissions to my location for whatever the reasons. Bookmark, Launch regular browser at another time or day when I've already closed all browsers. Problem is in order to bookmark - I need to bring up the context menu and open in browser.

Oddly enough by your definition we still have the ability to save pages, hmmm?
    07-25-15 03:06 PM
    Not really, there are times I come across a site that I've traversed privately that I may wish to access openly, even sign-in to, give permissions to my location for whatever the reasons. Bookmark, Launch regular browser at another time or day when I've already closed all browsers. Problem is in order to bookmark - I need to bring up the context menu and open in browser.

Oddly enough by your definition we still have the ability to save pages, hmmm?
    Copy and paste the address into the regular browser then save it as a bookmark.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-25-15 04:21 PM
    Copy and paste the address into the regular browser then save it as a bookmark.
    True, but it's yet another step ... these touch screen sensors just don't seem so accurate with cream on my dry skin and the 'glass' or plastic on the Z10 just doesn't seem right ... the Z30 was better yet the rounded shape still made it an issue for me - personally and I owned both for a year a piece I'm back on Z10 - gave up the Z30 to appease another user (corporate owned anyway) and I regret making the decision.

I want the Passport, yet a bit expensive at the moment I have other goals currently.
    07-25-15 11:45 PM