After the last update... ever since day 1, I find problem in my camera.. I doesn't function properly. That's exactly problem in focusing. It doesn't even focus things near to it. Always a blury image. Did this happen for all, r only for me. Please do help.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:14 PM
    You do appear to be having issues with your Z30.

What OS version are you using?

I don't have focus problems and I am using .2813 (version prior to the Android Runtime bug).
    01-29-16 08:40 PM
    Probably the same thing that has happened to my Z30. Every kind of problem imaginable since the last update. (Verizon) Phone answer lag, terrible battery life, blurry pictures, microphone not working properly (I have to hold the phone parallel to the ground and push it as close to my mouth as I can, tight against my cheek for people to hear me). All of the symptoms look like the phone, but it's not. It's the sorry update and Verzion or BB, whoever is taking forever to resolve it. See several posts on terrible batter life and phone lag on the forums.
    01-30-16 12:57 PM
    In my case I have no issues with the microphone, battery or lag. The only problems I'm having is the screen not turning in off when on a phone call, which, I cannot seem to attribute to the OS install after having installed a replacement screen, and an occasional sms flickering. This OS just seems to work.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    01-30-16 03:55 PM
    In my case I have no issues with the microphone, battery or lag. The only problems I'm having is the screen not turning in off when on a phone call, which, I cannot seem to attribute to the OS install after having installed a replacement screen, and an occasional sms flickering. This OS just seems to work.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    Rusty, have you checked the Proximity Sensor using BB Virtual Expert? Also, I guess you could check to make sure that gunk has not accumulated on the sensor 'window.'
    01-30-16 05:06 PM
    I have checked it and it passes with flying colours. I tried removing a mess of the apps I had installed but the problem still remained. It's not enough of a hindrance for me to do a reload of the OS, all I have to do is push the power button and the screen goes off.

Someday I may reload it when I feel so inclined.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 07:31 PM
    Agree with OP, I am using the latest update and the camera performance is terrible on this OS. Previously the low light and focus issues had been resolved but since I installed 2836, the camera in particular has really gone downhill. Hopefully it will be fixed again in the next update. I'm having to use Camera Pro to get anything like decent pictures at the moment.
    Is there an easy way to go back to the previous version?

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    02-01-16 05:41 AM
    Fortunately, there is a way to find out if the OS has caused the problem or not. Unfortunately, that means trying to get back to the previous OS you had.

There are a variety of options. The most dramatic would be using an Autoloader that matches your prior version. Using an Autoloader wipes all data/apps/settings from your phone. You would have to restore those aspects of your phone. In some cases you can use a backup but care should be taken to not reintroduce errors or bad settings or even an app that might have been responsible.

Another method is to reload the older module for the problematic feature or function. I'm not sure if there is a separate CAMERA module. But if so, it could be found in a BLITZ file. A Blitz file is a package of BAR files that compromise the OS, the radio and the various apps (like Contacts, Calendar, etc). You would download the Blitz files and open its package (zip, rar, whatever) and find the module/app you need. Then you would use Sachesi to load it. Sachesi has a setting to prevent loading OLDER modules over newer ones. You'd have to set the toggle/setting to allow the older to load over the newer.

You can find Blitz and Autoloaders in Crackberry's Leak/Beta OS subforum. Find the version that matches your older OS or any other version.

Again, to determine if the problem is OS or software, the way is to load something different. Or it could just have been coincidental.
    02-01-16 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the detailed reply, will probably continue with Camera Pro for now and see whether the next official update fixes things. If not, then I could always try what you suggest but I've never done that before so it sounds a bit complicated

02-01-16 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the detailed reply, will probably continue with Camera Pro for now and see whether the next official update fixes things. If not, then I could always try what you suggest but I've never done that before so it sounds a bit complicated

Well, in general, the Autoloader is easy except that the phone is pretty much wiped clean leaving you to have to reload apps and data. Contacts, Calendar regenerate if you have used Google, Yahoo or Outlook. bbm just comes back. Apps can be reloaded when you use the same BBID.

The Sachesi method leaves your phone intact and is just a bit more complex but actually quite simple.
    02-01-16 10:26 AM
    Well, in general, the Autoloader is easy except that the phone is pretty much wiped clean leaving you to have to reload apps and data. Contacts, Calendar regenerate if you have used Google, Yahoo or Outlook. bbm just comes back. Apps can be reloaded when you use the same BBID.

The Sachesi method leaves your phone intact and is just a bit more complex but actually quite simple.
    Ok thanks, might look into autoloader option then as no problem picking contacts and calendar back up. Thanks again

02-01-16 11:31 AM