I hope that I do not come out totally stupid.......but, what exactly is a 10.2.1 leak ? I have a z30, do I have a 10.2.1 leak ?

Ron
    02-22-14 05:51 PM
    I hope that I do not come out totally stupid.......but, what exactly is a 10.2.1 leak ? I have a z30, do I have a 10.2.1 leak ?

Ron
    Please see:
    BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-22-14 05:56 PM

Ron
    You have to install the leak yourself. It makes all the difference. While you Z30 is new and you haven't filled it with apps, download the autoloader using the link in a previous post. Plug your phone into the USB of your windows computer, unzip the downloaded file, click the exe, and your off! Give it some time half hour at most, the phone will restart as if it were fresh from the factory. Set up your accounts, go to Blackberry World, reinstall the apps you bought for free. Read up on Snap to see if any of that appeals to you, if not, Bobs your uncle!.
    02-24-14 11:56 AM
    You have to install the leak yourself. It makes all the difference. While you Z30 is new and you haven't filled it with apps, download the autoloader using the link in a previous post. Plug your phone into the USB of your windows computer, unzip the downloaded file, click the exe, and your off! Give it some time half hour at most, the phone will restart as if it were fresh from the factory. Set up your accounts, go to Blackberry World, reinstall the apps you bought for free. Read up on Snap to see if any of that appeals to you, if not, Bobs your uncle!.
    How do you know he doesn't have 10.2.1 yet?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:03 PM
    How do you know he doesn't have 10.2.1 yet?

Posted via CB10
    Ask it. Under settings, at the very bottom is "About". It tells you what version under software release.

As for how, you can do it the right way as pointed out above, or the way I did it which was to load all my apps, install the leak, screw it up, break your phone, install the old version back on, reinstall your apps, realize what you did wrong, reinstall the leak and reinstall the apps. Not more than 3-4 hours and a headache from banging your forehead on the desk,
    02-24-14 02:42 PM
    Ask it. Under settings, at the very bottom is "About". It tells you what version under software release.

As for how, you can do it the right way as pointed out above, or the way I did it which was to load all my apps, install the leak, screw it up, break your phone, install the old version back on, reinstall your apps, realize what you did wrong, reinstall the leak and reinstall the apps. Not more than 3-4 hours and a headache from banging your forehead on the desk,
    Awesome! And yeah, like you, if they are asking if they are running a leak, I'm 99.9% sure that they are not.

Posted via My Quick as a Flick Z10
    02-24-14 02:59 PM

Thanks for the tip! I know how to check just wondering why someone would tell them to update or install a leak without making sure they know what OS version they are on. Just trying not to send OP on wild goose chase for something he may already have.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 03:09 PM